Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Computers > Basic Fundamentals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newbe on board!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11th September 2001, 12:09

Nacionalista
Smile

Yes, I am new in this forum, but very old in the Computer environment. I requested to be the moderator at this forum because I love Computers.

I would like to share information, learn new tricks, and help all my fellows forum members with computer issues.

The first computer I assembled was a Heathkit system, back in 1977.

Then my first home computer was a Vic-20. From there I upgraded to a variety of 8-bits systems.

Started taking college classes on Computer Data Processing in 1985, in City College of Chicago, Germany Branch.

It was not until 1994, and many colleges that I finally optained my first Bachelor degree in Computer Science and Data processing. With major in programming and minor in networking.

I had been involved in PC since Windows 2.0, using a Zenith 8088, back in 1989 in the Army.

Had been working in computers on and off since 1992, holding jobs in the accounting and information services back and forth.

Currently I am a Chief Information Officer, sort of MIS, for a financial company.

I own a collection of 38 computers, many old 8-bits systems starting with my old Vic-20 (that still working), then Commodore 64 and 128, Amiga 500 and 1000, Timex Sinclair 1000 and 1032, Texas Instruments 99(TI99) Tandy Color Computer (Coco) 1, 2, & 3, TRS-80, Atari 800 and 300XL,and many more.

All these systems work and I have tons of software and hardware for them. My wife said I need to buy another house for me and my computers.

In the Apple, I only have a Mac.

In the PC, I have HP, Compag, and Zenith. To include a Commodore 40-II 286 PC.

I probably builded over 200 PC from 386 to Pentium II in between 1994 and 1998.

Had installed or troubleshoot motherboards, NIC, Modem, Sound Cards, Display adapters, cdrom, zip drives, hard drives, etc.

I hate PnP (not to be confuse with the PNP political party), I prefer manually setup all my hardware, so I love Legacy hardware.

I had been involved in many aplications deployments, OS upgrades to include beta-testing, networking, internet, intranet, extranet....

Used many development applications from Access 1.0 to current, Oracle, C and C++, VB, old DB4, Symphony, Paradox, Data Manager (in 1984).

Well, I am not a Mister Know it All, but I hope I can share all I know with everyone.

And the best, I am looking forward to learn more from everyone and have this forum rolling.

Have suggestions? Please post them.

EL NACIONALISTA desde La Capital Confederada, Richmond, Virginia.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Old 21st June 2002, 09:49

BoricuaNation
"Nationalism"

Mr. Nacionalista,

nationalist
na付ion病l品st, n. 1. a person devoted to nationalism. 2. an advocate of national independence. 3. (cap.) a member of a political group advocating of fighting for national independence, a strong national government, etc.

nationalism
na付ion病l品sm, n. 1. national spirit or aspirations. 2. devotion to the interests of one痴 own nation. 3. desire for national advancement or independence. 4. a movement, as in the arts, based upon the folk idioms, history, aspirations, etc., of a nation. 5. an idiom or trait peculiar to a nation.

national
na付ion病l, adj. 1. of, pertaining to, or maintained by a whole nation. 2. peculiar or common to the whole people of a country. 3. devoted to one痴 own nation, its interests, etc.; patriotic: national pride. 4. nationalist. 5. concerning or encompassing an entire nation. 6. limited to one nation. 7. a citizen or subject to a particular country.

nation
na付ion, n. 1. a body of people, associated with a particular territory, that is sufficiently conscious of its unity to seek or to process a government peculiarly its own. 2. the territory or country itself. 3. an aggregation of persons of the same ethnic family, often speaking the same language or cognate languages

It is obviouis that besides your technical intersts you identify as a "Nacionalista". Of course a "nationalist" (with little "n") is anyone who identifies with aparticular nationality, But "Nationalist/Nacionalista" (with a capital "N") usually refers to a "bona-fide" member of a particular "Nationalist" organization. To be identifyed and accepted as a Puerto Rican Nationalist (Nacionalista) by the Puerto Rican Nationalist Party (Partido Nacionalista de Puerto Rico), you must be a sworn in member of the organization. Are you?

Please do not take this as a confrontation. For a long time many people have used the title "Nationalist" and defined it on their own terms, totally disconected from the "living" tradition of "Nacionalismo Boricua". This can often create confusion. If you are not a bona-fide member, and you are interested in more information about the Partido or the Juventud Nacionalista, contact me and I'll be more than glad to open the doors... just knock!!!

Sincerely

Carlos "Tato" Torres
Partido Nacionalista de Puerto rico,
Junta de Nueva York

Luz y Progreso
Amor y Caridad
Paz y Justicia

and of course... Valor y Sacrificio

Old 29th June 2002, 22:44

Ecuajey
Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by BoricuaNation
If you are not a bona-fide member, and you are interested in more information about the Partido or the Juventud Nacionalista, contact me and I'll be more than glad to open the doors... just knock!!!
I'm interested. Contact me on my mail icon under my signature post. You didn't list your e-mail.

Old 1st July 2002, 09:31

BoricuaNation
Originally posted by Ecuajey

"I'm interested. Contact me on my mail icon under my signature post. You didn't list your e-mail."
------------------------------------------------------------

I assumed that anyone can just go to our profile and e-mail from there, but if not, here is the e-mail address: BoricuaNation@yahoo.com.

Tell me who you are, what you do, where you live, etc..?

BoricuaNation

Valor y Sacrificio

El nacionalismo es una escuela de honor y de valor
Nationalism is a school of honor and valor
- Don Pedro Albizu Campos

The Puerto Rican Nationalist Party

The Partido Nacionalista de Puerto Rico (Puerto Rican Nationalist Party) was organized on September 17 of 1922. Its Supreme Council was composed by seven lawyers, three doctors, three professors and two journalists. Its main objective was to carry out the struggle to make Puerto Rico a sovereign and independent republic. It eventually became the strongest opposition to the colonial regime of the U.S. in Puerto Rico.

On May 30 of 1930, Don Pedro Albizu Campos, supported by the Nationalist Youth, was elected President. Under Albizu痴 leadership, the Party became a vanguard committed to struggle to break free from misery and chaos. During his inaugural speech Don Pedro demanded the following oath from all the members of the Puerto Rican Nationalist Party:

"Juremos aqu solemnemente que defenderemos el ideal Nacionalista y que sacrificaremos nuestra hacienda y nuestra vida si fuera preciso por la independencia de nuestra Patria."

"Let us here solemnly swear that we will defend the Nationalist ideal and that we will sacrifice our estate and our lives if necessary for the independence of our Country."

This is still the oath taken by members of the Party.
Old 1st July 2002, 21:54

Ecuajey
Smile BoricuaNation

Thanks for your e-mail address.

Anyway, you have to put your e-mail address on your Member Profile in the Community section of the site (At the top of your screen) when you're logged-in for it to show up on your profile.

Take care.