Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Religion & Philosophy > Bible
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

For all you Christians out there...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31st July 2002, 18:14

r_so
Will God protect and save those that don't believe in him? I have a friend that doesn't believe isn't really any religion but still believes and prays to God. He asked me today whether God will take care of him. I said yes.

What do you think?
Old 1st August 2002, 09:30

dolores_beltran
Unhappy The answer is >>>>>>

yes, but,
You do not get to heavenby good works the bible states
Mathew 18:
"Assuredly, I say unto you, unless you are converted and become like little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."
Old 1st August 2002, 09:46

El_Jibaro
Talking GOD is good to ALL.

[i]Rebecha (or Rachel):

1st letter of Peter 3:9 says -
Quote:
"The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise to return, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish, so he is giving more time for everyone to repent."
What does this mean?

Well, it does not mean that HE will save everyone who rejects HIS SON
(read John 3:16-21).

HE is only committed to saving ALL who believe in HIS SON.

However, as the first verse says: "HE is being patient for your sake. HE does not want anyone to perish, so HE is giving more time for everyone to repent".

Therefore, GOD is giving EVERYONE a chance to be Saved while they still breathe. If they choose to believe, HE will Save them. If they choose to reject JESUS, they have chosen to reject the Only Way to be Saved
(since ALL of us are sinners and deserve hell - Romans 3:23).

So, in practical terms, GOD protects EVERYONE until the very end.

HE does not want anyone to Perish.

GOD will take care of your friend until the end.

However, GOD also wants your friend to come to the point of repentance.

You see, this is not a matter of the head, it is a matter of the HEART.

When most people say that they find hard to believe in HIM, because there is lots which they don't understand, they are not really waiting to understand, they just say so because in their hearts they don't want to make this decision now
(for whatever real reason they have).

What you should do is PRAY for your freind, so that the HOLY SPIRIT may open his/her heart to JESUS.

It may take a few days, or perhaps a few years. But most of the time I have seen this to work. Only very obstinate souls out there fight against the Holy Spirit and REFUSE to surrender. And of course, GOD is "gentleman", HE never forces HIS way into someone's heart. The only one I know that violates human wills constantly is the
devil, and as JESUS said, he[b] is a murderer from day one.

I hope this helps!

In the love of Christ, Manny
Old 7th August 2002, 14:52

bugsie43
Jesus Is Not A Religion

I just had to respond to this one. Jesus said very plainly that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life and that no one comes to the Father unless through Him.Jesus never said to come to a religion or a system. All religions are man made and no one gets to Heaven by following them. To me religion means limitation. The reason being, because when you say God can only be found here and this is the right way, what is really being said is that God has limitations. God's truth can be found anywhere he chooses to reveal it. I am a Christian and I go to a non denominational services. You'll notice I did not say Church but instead said services. The truth is we, the believers, are the church. No one needs a religion but we do need fellowship and that is why we go to services, well, one of the reasons. Believers need to stick together and not isolate themselves. In this way we can build each other up. Anyway, these are my thoughts on the subject. We don't need religion but yes we do need to have fellowship with other believers even through a home bible study or just hanging out with other Christians and sharing the good news that Jesus is Lord!.
Old 7th August 2002, 23:58

r_so
El_Jibaro
Thanks, it did help. I'll mention it to my friend when I see him next!

Rachel