Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Religion & Philosophy > Bible
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Loosing your salvation

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 7th April 2000, 00:02

nivi2
Unhappy

Wondering around this incredible desert....Will an act of sin, can cost you your salvation?

------------------
Moses
Old 7th April 2000, 12:09

Nicoletta
Talking

i don't agree that an act of sin can take away a person's salvation. we sin every single day, and GOD's Mercies are new EVERY MORNING!!! PRAISE GOD. now there is a scripture that says "blaspheming against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven." and i don't understand that or how it relates to this subject. if a person continues in their "old" life or reverts back to the "old" life after being a "christian" then i have to wonder about the truthfulness of their salvation in the first place. i don't think that GOD just suddenly changes His mind...

our salvation has very little to do with what we do, and it has EVERYTHING to do with what JESUS DID.

so how can i undo something GOD did?

------------------
Nicoletta
;oD

Old 7th April 2000, 13:45

El_Criollo
Exclamation

Nic:

Check out 1 John 5.16,17.

------------------
desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa
Old 8th April 2000, 00:40

emilia_la_piloto2
Send a message via ICQ to emilia_la_piloto2
Talking

No, Hallelujah that just any act of sin cannot cause you to lose your salvation!!!! Once you become saved you can NEVER undo it. No matter what the sin is, it can be as small as lying to as big as murdering; you cannot undo your salvation.

"For ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; Whom God set forth as a propitiation place through faith in His blood, for the demonstrating of His righteousness, in that in His forbearance God PASSED OVER THE SINS THAT HAD PREVIOUSLY OCCURRED, With a view to the demonstrating of His rightousness in the present time, so that He might be righteous and THE ONE WHO JUSTIFIES HIM WHO IS OF THE FAITH IN JESUS."
~Romans 3:23-26

So God justifies all of your sins. All you need to do is confess them, and all confessing really is is just telling God that you did them. You don't have to feel bad or anything. Now repenting is having a change of heart, a turn towards God. But all you really need is to is confess.

"That is you confess your sins He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness."
(I'm sorry, I forget which verse that is)

At the end of this age there will be a judgement from God upon all people, which isn't necessarily bad for everyone, but that's something totally different...it will not let you lose your salvation.

I hope this has helped you. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask on here or you can e-mail me at emilia_la_piloto@hotmail.com

adios,
~Emilia

------------------
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPAAAAAA!!! VIVA MI MUŅECO DE MAYAGUEZ!
Old 8th April 2000, 01:31

nivi2
Cool

Criollo,

I think I get a better vision out of
Heb. 6:4-6, will you agree?
---------------------
emilia_la_piloto,

Thanks for your enthusiasm! I won't go to the End Time Topic deal, there's a couple of
Juan del Pueblos ignorant of what time they might be livin in.

Heb. 10:29 reads that if somebody actually says the blood of Jesus Christ is common(unholy)and renounces the salvation he has received, then that person may have lost it all. This is followed up from(Heb.2:3)How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation. But the same book (Heb.6:9)"But ,beloved,we are confident of better things concerning you". In other words, it is hard to believe that someone that has been born again will turn that far away from GOD. Spirit Filled Life Bible.

Movin On........

------------------
Moses
Old 10th April 2000, 08:28

Nicoletta
Talking

criollo,

i hav my king james version and it's difficult to understand. please clarify...
you gave me 1st John, 5:16-17.

------------------
Nicoletta
;oD

Old 10th April 2000, 09:45

El_Criollo
Nic:

1 John 5.16,17

If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. THERE IS A SIN THAT LEADS TO DEATH. I am not saying that he should pray about that. All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death.

------------------
desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa