Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Religion & Philosophy > Bible
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I NEED HELP!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20th December 1999, 17:20

Jose_Luis
I gave myself up someone after I promised God I wouldn't. I have confessed it, but yet i still do it. I have the hardest time rejecting this temptation. Because of it, I have a hard time praying. What do I do?
Old 20th December 1999, 19:45

El_Jibaro
Well, I don't know what you mean by "I gave myself up someone after I promised God I wouldn't", but have you heard about the word REPENTANCE?

Once a woman was caught in the very act of adultery, which deserved the Death Penalty in the Jewish Nation. Jesus did not just dismiss her with a free pardon: He told her "Go now and leave your life of sin" (John 8:11).

What you feel now is Remorse and Guilt, but that in it of itself will not bring forgiveness from God. The kids of the Columbine Massacre had remorse for their own parents, what their parents would suffer when these evil kids died, but they still went ahead and killed all those innocent kids. Remorse and Guilt can only be properly dealt with by turning to God in REPENTANCE. I don't know the full Biblical Teaching on this, but REPENTANCE involves coming to God with a broken heart (contrite heart), weeping because of the evil deed done, and committed to not doing it anymore, asking God for help in not doing it anymore. There are some chapters in the Bible on REPENTANCE: Psalm 38, Psalm 51, and Ezekiel 18. But I tell you that the Key after REPENTANCE for not going back to the evil deeds of before is to Surrender your Heart to Jesus. If you make a commitment to not doing some type of sin, but you don't allow Jesus to enter in your Heart and take ownership it is the same as the story that Jesus said about a man who had a demon go away from him, but after returning from wandering in the wastelands that demon came back and found his "old house" clean and empty, so he went and brought seven demons worse than him (Matthew 12:43-45). Jesus is knocking at the door of your Heart asking you to let Him in (Revelation 3:20).

I pray Jesus to help you to have full deliverance of this sin you are remorseful for.

------------------
Manuel Alonso
Old 21st December 1999, 20:07

LaSunTrain
I think El_jibaro made an important point. You cannot continue committing the sin. Yes, it might be hard to stop completely, but even stopping little by little is better than not trying. In Luke chapter 3, John the Baptist preaches repentance. He says in vs. 8 "Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. . ." You have to repent and also produce fruit. In vs. 11 he gives an example: ". . . The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same."
I know it may seem that this doesn't directly answer your question, but the Bible does say, seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you. (paraphrased)

I hope this helps some. Take care and God bless!

Priscilla
Old 17th January 2000, 17:48

Joseph
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph
Jose-Luis:

"Tienes que entender que la Biblia
no definitamente esplica cada situacion
perfectamente. Si tu has causado un dolor
a otra persona que to amas, debes hablar con
esa persona en una manera responsable".

Another words Jose; there are legal and moral implications out there. Take a look at the discussions of the above topic: "The Bible; Is it 100% factual?" God does not
morally micro-manage the lives of people as
many think. Remember he is a loving God with
clear and definite limitations; most of which are already set in our legal system.
All God wants is acknowledgement, respectable
worship, regardless of our individual faith.
For example: At current the divorce rate in the U.S. is about 50%. Financial and other stressfull conditions lead to adultery as
well as the more serious 'domestic violence'.
Do you think God is so intolerant that he
cannot foretell the overwhelming change of
our culture, and compensate accordingly. Believe in God and respect the struggles laid out in the Bible towards Religious Freedom, such as that of Jesus Christ. Look at the major points in your Religious faith.
Compare them with the minor issues and then refer to how it is prioritized by your place
of worship. Acting responsible under God is
wisdom and worship provisions is most important; regardless of individual faith.

Blessings, Sincerely, Joseph

------------------
Working to create greater
Harmony and Success between all God loving people regardless of Individual Faith...
Old 19th January 2000, 17:09

El_Jibaro
Jose:

Someone said some time ago: "God didn't mean to say you cannot eat from every tree, did he?"

That same guy said also: "Oh, God knows that when you brake the rule you will be able to see things you didn't see before..."

It wasn't good will what inspired that fellow.

------------------
Manuel Alonso
Old 22nd January 2000, 01:00

Carlos_Marrero
Remember, "man was not made for the LAW, law was made for MAN".

We can't be of much help to you here. Your internal conflicts require lots of honesty with yourself and with those that care for you and can advise you. If you ask those for whom you are nothing more than an "abstraction", they are going to read your situation in "legalistic" fashion and reinforce your sense of guilt.

Talk to someone you trust and with a track record for supporting you. And figure our what you want before you take on the question of "rules".
Old 22nd January 2000, 14:28

Joseph
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph
Dear Jose:

Tell me has all this advice helped any? From the looks of it, you have already
decided, because you have not replied, to any
person on this board. I just wish you were a bit clearer on what you needed help in. This way I am sure we could have been of more benefit. let us know if everything worked out. All the best. Joseph

------------------
Working to create greater
Harmony and Success between all God loving people regardless of Individual Faith...