Bible

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 1st March 2002, 18:32

Joseph_Sr
Wink

I would like to share with other Christians different Bible topics
Old 11th March 2002, 20:40

r_so
I was wondering whether it's still "wrong" according to the Bible if a person had sex with another before marriage, but they eventually married.

Thanks

Old 13th March 2002, 10:53

brermambo
Thumbs down Sex B4 Marriage then WED?

Just as stealing a car and then paying for it when you get caught just to avoid jail.
Old 13th March 2002, 15:19

Joseph_Sr
sex before marriage

If you have sex before marriage, that is fornication, so to do the right thing according to God's Word is to get married and then you are obeying and pleasing God whom you have to give account to. Correct?

God bless you!

Your brother and friend,

Joe Cortese
Old 13th March 2002, 20:11

WatchMan
Many times the answer is in the question. My brother the best way to know what God saids is to study the bible and not just read it. Yes it is clearly stated that a man and a woman will become one flesh this hapeens through the act of sex and marriage is a public statement before God and man. So my opinion is you shouldnt put the carriage before the horse. But I am not one to judge because I have been guilty of the same. So he who has not sin let them cast the first stone. we serve a loving and forgiving God who is full of Grace and Mercy,but He is also a God of order. This is why I say Ask God through the name of His only begoten Son Jesus Christ to open your heart and mind to His Word and ask for the Holy Spirit to be your teacher.
Mat 19:4 "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'
Mat 19:5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?
Mat 19:6 So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

1 Cor 6:16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."

Heb 13:4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
Old 17th March 2002, 21:43

r_so
I wasn't planning on having sex before marriage. It was just something I was wondering.

If you think about it, during the olden times, they were probably just taking a measure of precaution to prevent disease.

Let's say you were trapped on an island with only one other man. Someone that you love, but you aren't married. There is no way to get married and you will be trapped there for the rest of your life. Are you saying that even then it is wrong?
Old 23rd April 2002, 13:29

Cami-Casi
Talking Don't eat the frosting before the cake!!!

A professor at my university was giving us a comparrison..Cake is the marriege and the frosting is the sex..As long as you have the cake first you can have as much frosting as you want, but if you just eat the frosting first(the way God never intentdid )and don't wait on the cake then you will spiol your appetite(your sexual relationship to come IN MARRIEGE).
God created marriege to enjoyed between a husband and his wife..Plain and simple