Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Religion & Philosophy > Bible
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is the Bible the true revealed word of God?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 5th March 2002, 10:40

MinFaluMuhammad
In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Is the bible the true revealed word of God? As a Muslim, I tend to find countless mistakes and contradictions in the Bible. In the history of each book, there is no surety on who the authors were of each book in the Bible. Even though some books are named after certain prophets, but even in reading those books, the scripture is written in third person. How do we know that the scholars who transliterated the Bible from the original Arabic, Hebrew, and Aramaic language did so in a correct manner? Why is it that the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew is different from the genealogy in Mark? Can you Christians answer this question?

your brother and servant,

Hector Falu-Muhammad
Old 6th March 2002, 16:01

brermambo
Post ThE Genealogy of JESUS

GENEALOGY is same phrase is used by
Herodotus to signify one who was only reputed to be the son of a particular person: (GREEK: touton paiv nomizetai) he was SUPPOSED to be this manís son. Much learned labor has been used to reconcile this genealogy with that in St. Matthew, Matthew 1:1-17, and there are several ways of doing it; the following, which appears to me to be the best, is also the most simple and easy. For a more elaborate discussion of the subject, the reader is referred to the additional observations at the end of the chapter.

MATTHEW, in descending from Abraham to Joseph, the spouse of the blessed virgin, speaks of SONS properly such, by way of natural generation: Abraham begat Isaac, and Isaac begat Jacob, etc. But Luke, in ascending from the Savior of the world to GOD himself, speaks of sons either properly or improperly such: on this account he uses an indeterminate mode of expression, which may be applied to sons either
putatively or really such. And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being, as was SUPPOSED the son of Joseph-of Heli-of Matthat, etc. This receives considerable support from Rapheliusís method of reading the
original ("enomizeto"), being (when reputed the son of Joseph) the son of Heli, etc.

That St. Luke does not always speak of sons properly such, is evident from the first and last person which he names: Jesus Christ was only the supposed son of Joseph, because Joseph was the husband of his mother Mary: and Adam, who is said to be the son of God, was such only by creation. After this observation it is next necessary to consider, that, in the genealogy described by St. Luke, there are two sons improperly such: i.e. two sons-in-law, instead of two sons. As the Hebrews never permitted women to enter into their genealogical tables, whenever a family happened to end with a daughter, instead of naming her in the genealogy, they inserted her husband, as the son of him who was, in reality, but his father-in-law.

This in a variety of places-Jesus was considered according to law, or allowed custom, to be the son of Joseph, as he was of Heli. The two sons-in-law who are to be noticed in this genealogy are Joseph the son-in-law of Heli, whose own father was Jacob, Matthew 1:16; and Salathiel, the son-in-law of Neri, whose own father was Jechonias: 1 Chronicles 3:17, and Matthew 1:12. This remark alone is sufficient to remove every difficulty. Thus it appears that Joseph, son of Jacob, according to St. Matthew, was son-in-law of Heli, according to St. Luke. And Salathiel, son of Jechonias, according to the former, was son-in-law of Neri, according to the latter.

Mary therefore appears to have been the daughter of Heli; so called by abbreviation for Heliachim, which is the same in Hebrew with Joachim. Joseph, son of Jacob, and Mary; daughter of Heli, were of the same family: both came from Zerubbabel; Joseph from Abiud, his eldest son, Matthew 1:13, and Mary by Rhesa, the youngest.

THERE.... YOU ASKED for IT !!!
Old 17th March 2002, 10:51

MinFaluMuhammad
I wish more Christians could explain that.

It does me no good for a Christian to blast me for my faith, and in turn they are not knowledgable of their own. I am asking for true clarification. Couldn't you see why I would question that. By the way, who authored the Books of Matthew,Mark, Luke and John?
Old 18th March 2002, 23:57

bropanama
Nation of Islam

If you want to see recent debates which were televised between the church and the Nation of Islam visit: www.truthofgod.com

although, the latest debate is no longer posted, don't ask why because in my opinion it was the best one because the NOI minister ran off the stage like a coward and Gino Jennings tore into the NOI and their false teachings on God beginning from triple darkness. Still, the first one is a classic. peace be unto you.
Old 23rd March 2002, 07:56

conciencia
Min Falu

You said it right, translated Bible is not the Bible! So if you find mistakes in the translated Bibles is not because of the original Bible.
Old 23rd March 2002, 09:01

bropanama
The scriptures

The translated bible is not the bible? I disagree. The scriptures say "Forever O Lord is thy words settled in heaven." You can tamper with ink and paper but you the word of God cannot be messed with. You would have to ascend into heaven to do it. Even if you could ascend to try, you're gonna get thrown out like Satan. lol.

If you start seeing contradictions in the bible, that's the mystery of God working right there. The copy cat bibles are books like the Book of Mormon and the Quran.

I have a respect towards Islam, not the Nation of Islam, but the real Islam. I really do. If you do want clarity on the scriptures, I know a man who can help out. He never went to theology or seminary, we don't believe in Trinity, and this man was called and taught directly by the God of heaven and earth. His name is Gino Jennings. You may contact him or leave a message @ 215-739-8103. You can go to the website and find the toll free number as well.

www.truthofgod.com
you can see and hear the apostle preaching on realplayer. If any man is capable of answering every question from the bible, it's him. I've seen him in action, he's something else. Even the Sunni Muslim community in Philly has taken notice of this man. Also, he was invited to preach at a mosque. That's unheard of!! Peace be unto you in the Name of the Lord Jesus.
Old 24th March 2002, 09:26

MinFaluMuhammad
Running a Nation of Islam minister off the stage?

Was he a minister in the Nation of Islam under the leadership of the Min. Louis Farrakhan? We just got finished spanking Rev. Fred Price for his attack on the Nation of Islam. I will call him if he is willing to talk to me. I am not easily offended. But, you say that Islam and the Nation of Islam are separate. I disagree. Why is that Imam Warithuddin Mohammed of the American Muslim Mission lead the ju'umah prayer at our Saviour's Day Convention in Los Angeles this past February. He and Farrakhan did the service together. Muslim scholars from all over the world named Farrakhan an imam at the World Islamic conferences in Chicago. So, there is only one Islam which is Islam. They fake Muslims are those that believe that flying planes into the sides of planes is justifiable and that they will go into heaven. Those are the fake Muslims. But, I will check out this debate.

your brother and servant,

Hector Falu-Muhammad