Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Religion & Philosophy > Bible
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Was the RESURRECTION a hoax?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd April 2002, 15:24

El_Jibaro
Question

[i][b]AN UNHOLY HOAX?: THE AUTHENTICITY OF CHRIST

It's become the surest way to get attention during Easter: claim the resurrection of Christ was an unholy hoax.

The latest claimant is a researcher named Suzanne Marie Olsson. She says that she's convinced she has found the final resting place of JESUS -- in a Muslim shrine in India. Olsson wants to exhume the body and run some DNA tests on it. Tracing the body's origins will "resolve the raging controversy," she says, over the identity of the remains.

Don't hold your breath, Ms. Olsson. People have been trying to "resolve the raging controversy" for some two thousand years.

I have been challenged myself many times on the resurrection. My answer is always that the disciples and five hundred others gave eyewitness accounts of seeing JESUS, risen from the tomb. But then I'm asked, "How do you know they were telling the truth? Maybe they were perpetrating a hoax."
Quote:
My answer to that comes from an unlikely source: WATERGATE.
Watergate involved a conspiracy to cover up, perpetuated by the closest aids to the President of the United States -- the most powerful men in America, who were intensely loyal to their president. But one of them, John Dean, turned states evidence, that is, testified against Nixon, as he put it, "to save his own skin" -- and he did so only two weeks after informing the president about what was really going on -- two weeks! The real cover-up, the lie, could only be held together for two weeks, and then everybody else jumped ship in order to save themselves. Now, the fact is that all that those around the President were facing was embarrassment, maybe prison. Nobody's life was at stake.

But what about the disciples? Twelve powerless men, peasants really, were facing not just embarrassment or political disgrace, but beatings, stonings, execution. Every single one of the disciples insisted, to their dying breaths, that they had physically seen JESUS bodily raised from the dead.

Don't you think that one of those apostles would have cracked before being beheaded or stoned? That one of them would have made a deal with the authorities? But none of them did.

You see, men will give their lives for something they believe to be true -- they will never give their lives for something they know to be false.

The Watergate cover-up reveals the true nature of humanity. Even political zealots at the pinnacle of power will, in the crunch, save their own necks, even at the expense of the ones they profess to serve so loyally. But the apostles could not deny JESUS because they had seen HIM face to face, and they knew HE had risen from the dead.

No, you can take it from an expert in cover-ups I, Chuck Colson, have lived through Watergate -- that nothing less than a resurrected Christ could have caused those men to maintain to their dying whispers that JESUS is alive and is LORD. Two thousand years later, nothing less than the power of the risen Christ could inspire Christians around the world to remain faithful -- despite prison, torture, and death.

JESUS is LORD: That's the thrilling message of Easter. And it's an historic fact, one convincingly established by the evidence -- and one you can bet your life upon. Go ahead researchers -- dig up all the old graves you want. You won't change a thing: HE has risen.
Old 21st May 2002, 17:45

Flaquito255
How in the world is she gonna do DNA tests? Is she gonna go back a two thousand years, get Jesus's blood, and then pass it through a microscope?
Old 22nd May 2002, 19:03

walkyborricua
Angry senicientas@yahoo.com

Hey!

I'm sorry but your wrong! the ressurection was an act a second opportunity that "Jesus Cristo" gave US. The ressurection was the shade of blood in the cross of Calvary, Jesus was cruxified when he was 33 years old and washed away our sins, he died and rose again 3 days after. Why did it took him 3 days, you might ask? because in those 3 days Jesus whent to hell and took the keys to the door of hell and the souls of those who where faithfull to him. In the cross of Calvary God (Jesus) gave us a last chance to have everlasting life in Him. Is like when you get baptized, not when you are a baby like they do in the Catholic Church, but when you are a true Believer of Christ and have knowlwdge of the Bible and Believe that Jesus died and rose from the death he is our only savior,the baptism represents the death(when you are summerged) and ressurection(when you are lifted from the water)when you are baptized yur are declaring that you believe that Jesus is your savior and that Jesus is our God.Los Acts (Hechos) 2;23
Y todo And if you confess that God is your Savior You shall be saved. Romans(Romanos)10;9-13
Old 23rd May 2002, 11:00

Flaquito255
exactly
Old 23rd May 2002, 22:34

MinFaluMuhammad
There was no Resurrection.

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Quoting from the Holiest Books of all, the Qur'an it reads:
4:157; And for their saying: We have killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of Allah, and they killed him not,nor did they cause his death on the cross, but he was made to appear to them as such. And certainly those who differ therein are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge about it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for certain.'

Jesus remained on the cross for a few hours only (Mark 15:25, John 19:14) but death by crucifixion was always tardy. (2) The two men crucified with Jesus were still alive when taken down from the cross; the presumption that Jesus too was alive. (3) The breaking of legs was resorted to in the case of the two criminals, but dispensed with in the case of Jesus (John 19:32, 33) (4) The side of Jesus being pierced, blood rushed out and this was a certain sign of life. Many, many contradictions. Easter was named after the goddess of Fertility, Ester. Hence, that is why bunny rabbits who are supposed to by very promiscuous animals and colored eggs representing the ovaries of a woman are celebrated in this manner. Constantine made the quote, "What profit we have gained in the fable of Jesus Christ." Make you wonder. Accept Islam.

your brother and servant,

Hector Falu-Muhammad
Old 24th May 2002, 09:41

El_Jibaro
Talking Wow Falu, you are more ignorant than I thought...

[i]If you read the text in the New Testament you will see that the Roman executioners broke the legs of the two other guys while they were still crucified so that they would die, not the other way around:
Quote:
John 19:31-34

31 Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath. Because the Jews did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath, they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down. 32 The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other. 33 But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. 34 Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water.
Now why would the soldier break the bones of the legs of the other two guys? Breaking bones does not kill anyone as you probably have seen in the 'hood. Breaking the leg bones matters when you are dangling from your arms, because if you cannot maintain your weight with your legs while your hands are nailed and you let loose, the result will be that you will begin to SUFFOCATE; when your body hangs from the arms your pectoral muscles will tighten up the rest of your chest muscles and the diaphragm (which pushes up and down the lungs)[b] will not be able to keep you breathing. When that happens you will die in less than ten minutes.

Now, in Jesus case, the Roman executioner would have to check that he is indeed DEAD:
Quote:
First he will check that Jesus is not holding up his weight with his legs.
Quote:
Next, he will check to see if RIGOR MORTIS has set in.
Quote:
Finally, to make sure the guy isn't faking his own death, he drove a SPEAR through the chest of the prisoner, in and to the heart. If you ever have seen the blade of a Roman spear you would have seen that little can hide inside a rib cage that doesn't get shredded. And when John describes WATER and BLOOD, that impies that the body fluids had begun to settle down: and only CORPSES have fluids that are thoroughly separated.
Now, you may believe in whatever you want to believe, but don't "come into my living room barging in like a great dane" and TWISTING the facts. Scooby Doo at least knows how to talk... Easter eggs and the New Testament are two different issues.

Of Mohammed there are plenty of bones, and your fellow Muslims worship them... Of my JESUS He rose from death physically, He is in Heaven with his flesh and bones, and His tomb is completely empty. Plus, I don't have to stick a gun to your head for you to accept or reject my JESUS, like you Muslims do to us: you are free to choose whatever you like.
Quote:
"A tree is known by its fruits", and that is why I know that JESUS is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE .
Old 30th May 2002, 07:18

MinFaluMuhammad
The Jesus you await for is none other than the Hon. Elijah Muhammad.

The story of the crucifixion of Jesus is nothing more than an Egyptian fable. But that fable has become a prophecy of none other than the true Christ and Messiah, the Most Hon. Elijah Muhammad. Consider the time. You quote from a tampered with book. I will go into this in another post. Elijah Muhammad is your Jesus.