Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Religion & Philosophy > Bible
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The bible

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30th May 2002, 11:38

Flaquito255
Lightbulb

Muhammad,
The Bible sayd not to argue with people like you, becuase it is "pointless". I will show you the scripture later, but it says just to warn you twice about saying these things, and then just basically not talk to you. If you think that the Bible is wrong and is "tampered" with. Then why worry about it. Stop trying to tell us what is wrong with the Bible, and just worry about yourself.
In the book of Job, GOD allows satan to do anything to Job that he wants. And the ander of the LORD did not burn against Job becuase Job stood faithful, correct? Well, the same thing happened with David. In 2 Samuel 24, it says that the anger of the LORD burned against Israel. But in 1 Chronicles, it says that satan rose up against them. You ask 'which one is it?' Well it was both. In the same way that the Lord let satan do anything to Job, he let satan work with Israel. Israel sinned becasuse of this, and as a result, the anger of the Lord burned. 'Which one is it?' It is both.
You also say that in 2 Sam. 8:9, and in 1 Chr. 18:9, the difference is Toi and Tou. I don't know what Bible you are reading, but in mine, they are the same. The same thing happened with 2 Sam. 8:3-4, and 1 Chr. 18:3-4. You say they are different, but they are the exact same. they both say thousand, not hundred.
You also asked about Joram in 2 Sam. 8:10, and Hadoram in 1 Chr. 18:10, you asked 'is it Hadoram, or Joram?'. I'll tell you. In the U.S., we say Bob, or Robert. But in Mexico, they would say Roberto, right? They are spelled differently right? Well in the same way, Hadoram and Joram are names for the same people, but from different Dialects. So they are spelled differently. In Mexico, you would say, traje de baņo, but in English, you would say, bathing suit. Spelled differently? YES. But they are not different.
If you still don't believe anything, then don't worry about it. The bible says not to argue about this with you, so I won't. You stick to your religion, and i'll stick to mine. The Bible is not "tampered" with. You just have to read the whole thing in text.
Old 31st May 2002, 06:43

MinFaluMuhammad
Good innovation.

Just like the devil to duck and dive from the truth. Let me get deeper with you, Skinny one. In the Christian prayer it says, 'Lead us not into temptation.' God will not lead you into temptation. Only Satan will do that. It also says 'Give us this day our daily bread.' Like bread is lacking before. This is the tampering I am talking about. I worry about the tampering because look at the division that it has caused. You have so many Christian schools of thought it is not even funny. That is rooted in the tampering of the Bible. That is why I deal with it. The Qu'ran sets all those tamperings straight. Read it for yourself and you tell me if there is anything in there that would cause you to go astray.

your brother and servant,

Hector Falu-Muhammad
Old 3rd June 2002, 16:19

El_Jibaro
Talking Don't blame the Bible for those who MIS-INTERPRET it...

[i]The Apostle Peter made the following warning on how to understand the Bible:
Quote:
2 Peter 3:15,16

15 Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
Two kinds of people mis-interpret the Bible: the IGNORANT and the UNSTABLE.

What is IGNORANCE?

Simple, from any dictionary: the lack of knowledge.

All of us are ignorant one way or another, whether because we are 5 years old and don't yet know all the facts, or because some things are so abstract that we get lost when handling all the facts.

What is an UNSTABLE person?

Here the dictionary doesn't help, because UNSTABLE can mean anything not firm, whether standing on a boat, or that our minds are not stable, and so we have to go to the Bible to understand what an "UNSTABLE person" is from the Apostles' Point-of-View:
Quote:
James 1:5-8

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
Therefore, for the Apostles, those who teeter-tottered in their trust of GOD were UNSTABLE.

Now, with those two definitions on who are disqualified to interpret the Bible, the IGNORANT and UNSTABLE persons, we can see clearly which groups and which persons have mis-interpreted the Bible throughout time.

How can WE interpret the Bible right?

IGNORANCE can be overcome by knowing FACTS. FACTS are those things which cannot be proven false. They are either events that did happened
(not imaginary ones), or the knowledge of LANGUAGE and customs of the writers of the Bible. That is why it is important to know all the events and history of the world during the Apostles' times, and also of the times before they lived. It is also important to know the LANGUAGES of the Bible, Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek, or at least to know that they are not exactly the same as Spanish or English (and knowing Spanish does help us a little, since English does not retain the use of male-female words like Spanish does, etc.). It is also important to know the culture of the JEWS, since everyone who wrote the Bible, except Luke, were Jews. Even JESUS was a Jew.

But UNSTABLENESS, that can only be overcome by having an unwavering trust in JESUS. People who change religions to suit their convenience are by the very definition: UNSTABLE. One day they are atheists, another day they are Buddhist, another day they are Jehovah Witness, another day they are Muslim. And, to make things a little more complicated about UNSTABLENESS, clearly anyone who rejects JESUS fits that definition. For example, if you are a staunch Jew, who is convinced that JESUS was a fraud, then the entire New Testament will be totally incomprehensive to you. If one followed David Koresh and was convinced that he was the reincarnation of Jesus Christ, then one would totally discard all the Warnings the real JESUS gave about False Christs and false prophets:
Quote:
Matthew 24:23-25[b]

23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

Two simple guidelines towards sound Biblical interpretation that unfortunately many do not follow.
Old 6th June 2002, 17:42

Splashy
Lightbulb

What up Flaquito. Sorry I haven't been here in a while. It seems your getting along well. Preach the word, bro. Don't worry, man, I'll back you up. I know the truth, as well, and I know what it means to be right with God.

Splashy