Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Love & Relationships > Broken Heart
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BLACK MAN AND PR WOMAN

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:46

carpediem is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Escobar View Post
As a woman who has an AA mother and a PR father....I can understand both sides of the coin.....but I identify more with my black side on this issue...mainly because I grew up with my black family and have more black friends than any other race...so I understand where the original poster is coming from

Black men where I live (Ohio) are extremely color struck.....I'm light-skinned with long hair and have been told many times by my darker brothers that they have to be with a woman my color or lighter because they don't want their kids to come out dark.....CRAZY!!!....

I get approached by different types of men...but I've noticed in conversation that some black men approach me simply on the basis that I'm light skinned.....and evnthough it works to my advantage....it is extremely disheartening....and makes me not want to talk to those men.....*rolls eyes*

Krys......there's men out there that will appreciate you for you....keep an open-mind and an open heart....if a man can't see you for the beautiful woman that you are on the inside and OUT....he's an idiot and not worth your time....you are truly better off without him.....he has issues within himself....and they would eventually just start bringing you down....black is beautiful....ALL shades....never forget that
Well said Star Escobar. It may sound cliché - but it is nonetheless true - that the problem with focusing on outward appearance is that you may never find the true beauty of a person within - something which is likely to last long after outward appearances are no longer so appealing. Empty-headed men who are only interested in outward appearances are not worth bothering with. They are the ones that will run off to a younger woman as soon as you no longer meet their expectations - and its really quite soul-destroying living every day of your life in line someone else's expectations.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:47

Star Escobar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediem View Post
Well said Star Escobar. It may sound cliché - but it is nonetheless true - that the problem with focusing on outward appearance is that you may never find the true beauty of a person within - something which is likely to last long after outward appearances are no longer so appealing. Empty-headed men who are only interested in outward appearances are not worth bothering with. They are the ones that will run off to a younger woman as soon as you no longer meet their expectations - and its really quite soul-destroying living every day of your life in line someone else's expectations.
Preach!....couldn't have said it better myself