Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Culture > Cuisine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

pastele machine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 9th November 2003, 07:52

roseola188
I am looking for a machine that grates the vegetables for pasteles. Willing to purchase by mail or in person if in the Miami area.
Old 9th November 2003, 09:08

tiana
Hello

When you find this machine you "GATTA" let me know, I'd like to purchase one as well!! ms_seira@yahoo.com
Old 2nd February 2004, 20:58

Lily2001
Pasteles grinder machine

There is someone here in Connecticut that makes them, but I have no idea how much they go for.

My parents had one but we got rid of it, now I regret it cause my kids love them and they are always asking me to make it for holidays. If you're interested I will find out more info on it OK
Old 12th August 2004, 17:07

TIPPYMAX
PASTELE MACHINES

FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED....MY UNCLE IS A PASTELE MACHINE BUILDER..HE HAS SEVERAL ON HAND...HE IS ASKING FOR $175.00...EACH.....THEY ARE HEAVY DUTY..YOU ARE ABLE TO GRATE VEGETABLES AND COCONUTS ON THIS MACHINE...IF YOU NEED MORE INFO.....JUST EMAIL ME....(SWEETPAPALOU@AOL.COM) FROM FLORIDA IN THE ORLANDO AREA......
Old 13th August 2004, 10:31

Yujike
Maquina de "guayar'pasteles

Sin quitarle nada a los que han inventado estas maquinas de "guayar" masa para pasteles, tengo una queja. Todos los pasteles que he probado, que han sido producidos por estas maquinas, no poseen la CONSISTENCIA/UNIDAD que hace pastel al pastel. La vianda/verdura se corta en estas maquinas en unas listas (tiritas) bien finas pero la masa en si no es "molida" ni "guayada" como se hacia antes en los viejos guayos de nuestras abuelas. La maquina ofrece facilidad de uso, economia en el tiempo que toma hacer pasteles, pero no me convence en la calidad de la masa para tener la consistencia que la hace pastel. Ademas esta actividad envolvia toda la familia y aunque tomaba todo el dia llevarla a cabo, se veia la satisfaccion de todos los miembros de la familia al saborear al final del dia un trabajo bien hecho. Quizas los inventores boricuas han producido por fin una maquina que guaye la masa y no solo la corte en finas tiras y el producto se haya mejorado.Antes de invertir en una de estas maquinas (casi 200 dolares), obtengan garantias en caso de que no esten satisfechos con el producto y deseen devolverlas.
Old 21st August 2004, 13:18

TIPPYMAX
PASTELE MACHINES

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IN MOST CASES, YOU CAN NOT COMPARE THE OLD WAYS WITH THE NEW....BUT YOU HAVE TO GO WITH THE TIMES, THINGS DO CHANGE.....MY MOTHER AND AUNT ARE KNOWN FOR THERE PASTELES IN THE LOWER EASTSIDE...THEY'VE DONE IT BOTH WAYS....WITHOUT AND WITH THE MACHINES...THERE ISN'T MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE, FOR THE EXCEPTION, THAT WITH THE MACHINE IT CUTS DOWN ON TIME, PRODUCES MORE PASTELES WITH AS LITTLE EFFORT AS POSSIBLE AND THE RESULTS, ARE THE SAME..
THEY ARE STILL KNOWN FOR THERE PASTELES IN THE LOWER EASTSIDE AND SINCE MY MOTHER MOVE TO FLORIDA, SHE IS BEING RECOGNIZE IN THE KISSIMMEE AREA...SO PLEASE LET THE INVENTORS, INVENT AND LET US NOT TAKE ANYTHING, THEY INVENT FOR GRANTED, FOR THEY EARNED IT.......GO WITH THE TIMES, LOOK BACK ONLY FOR MEMORIES.. BUT LOOK FORWARD, FOR THE BEST TO COME.............
Old 9th September 2004, 20:59

pastelesmachine
Smile Pasteles machine

Just want to let you know to log in to my website at:
http://www.maquinadepasteles.com
I have a new product on the market. It is an accessory for food processors made especially for the "masa". With this, you will have the perfect consistency for pasteles.
You do not have to cut the vegetables in pieces. Put them as whole as possible.
This special grater (guayo) is only $19.99 and the food processor is the Black&Decker FP/1400 model, which is sold for only $28.00 at Wal-Mart.
You can order the grater through my website, as it is the only place you can find it.
Masa Perfecta is our business!
Have a great day

Diane Hernandez
Masa Perfecta