Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Society > Current Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Puerto Ricans

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 6th June 2011, 05:11
Quarantined User

MikeRavens is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sure, it's possible that mantenidos on MedicAid have been gifted all the gadgets I mentioned. But, what is more probable, that they got these thru gifts, or that they purchased them with taxpayer money? I seriously doubt that mantenidos surround themselves with people wealthy enough to give them such gifts.

I think you have no idea what you are talking about. Medicaid health is program for people and families with low incomes and resources that covers basic health insurance. They don't give cash to buy iphones, laptops or ipads like you are implying with NO DATA.

Its base on your income and not all families of low income qualify for basic health care. They have strict rules on who qualifies and not everything is covered.

You are talking out of your a$$ and saying because some medicaid recipients have iphones or laptops thats evidence they are using MEDICAID money to by those things when that is not how the program works.

That's like saying because a college student at the UPR has a cell phone and a laptop and he is using PELL GRANTS to pay for college that he is using those funds to buy those gadgets....that's just absurd

Comeback and debate with real data about government fraud and abuse. .........you know who commits more fraud and abuse on medicaid and medicare? THE DOCTORS and professionals who over-charge and over-bill the government on services provided.

complain about that which is costing the tax payers millions a year.
Old 6th June 2011, 10:37
Super Moderator

TipoConSuerte is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRavens View Post
I think you have no idea what you are talking about. Medicaid health is program for people and families with low incomes and resources that covers basic health insurance. They don't give cash to buy iphones, laptops or ipads like you are implying with NO DATA.

Its base on your income and not all families of low income qualify for basic health care. They have strict rules on who qualifies and not everything is covered.

You are talking out of your a$$ and saying because some medicaid recipients have iphones or laptops thats evidence they are using MEDICAID money to by those things when that is not how the program works.

That's like saying because a college student at the UPR has a cell phone and a laptop and he is using PELL GRANTS to pay for college that he is using those funds to buy those gadgets....that's just absurd

Comeback and debate with real data about government fraud and abuse. .........you know who commits more fraud and abuse on medicaid and medicare? THE DOCTORS and professionals who over-charge and over-bill the government on services provided.

complain about that which is costing the tax payers millions a year.
Two things:

This is nothing more than an online discussion. If you think I'm gonna spend time researching data to satisfy your curiosity and questions, you're delusional.

Secondly, I'll give you that it's highly improbable that MedicAid money is being used to purchase the gadgets previously mentioned. However, it seems out of place for a person who's on MedicAid (and thus of meager earnings) to be able to afford high end products. Chances are, that person is fraudulently accessing tax payer money. It's no different than that guy who was caught living in a Vega Baja caserio and drove a BMW due to drug money.

Anyway, you have yourself a nice week. My weekend just begun today.
Old 6th June 2011, 13:33
Quarantined User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipoConSuerte View Post
Two things:

This is nothing more than an online discussion. If you think I'm gonna spend time researching data to satisfy your curiosity and questions, you're delusional.

Secondly, I'll give you that it's highly improbable that MedicAid money is being used to purchase the gadgets previously mentioned. However, it seems out of place for a person who's on MedicAid (and thus of meager earnings) to be able to afford high end products. Chances are, that person is fraudulently accessing tax payer money. It's no different than that guy who was caught living in a Vega Baja caserio and drove a BMW due to drug money.

Anyway, you have yourself a nice week. My weekend just begun today.

bhaaaaaaa.......kep making assumptions and talkimg non-sense.

you are basically saying forget the evidence and forget the data.....lets make assumptions out of the thin air,....it makes you feel better....LOL.....if you are going to biatch and moan about fraud and waste in the government and make allegations that your tax dollars are going to waste at least be informed where is the biggest fraud, abuse and waste is and is NOT your cousin or my GRANDMA.

Now you are saying that anybody getting some kind of help from the federal or state government either by health, education, job incentives or the thousands of handouts for all levels of classes of society and business shouldn't own a cell phone or a freakin' laptop that walmart has it cheap........I guess they must stay bare footed, uneducated and not be connected to the internet age....JAJAJAJA

By the way a new IPHONE is $199 and as low as $99....most cell phones you get them either free or cheap with a 2 yr. contract
A laptop you could get one as low as $299 in walt mart or ebay or buy it used in ebay for cheap.....you can get those mini laptops for the internet for $199.

I wouldn't call these items "HIGH END " products....they sell them from any chain store from Wal Mart, K-mart, Target and any swap meet in every city. I mean, low income people have to shop right? to keep the economy floating or you want to hurt the economy and jobs too..........again, you are making assumptions because you have a bias and prejudice against a group of society of the lower class and make false assumptions that they are committing fraud against government funds because they own these gadgets that they sell everywhere for cheap. I dont see the connection but go ahead and make false assumptions if it makes you feel better.

Like my grandmother used to say: EL LADRON JUZGA POR SU CONDICION.........
Old 6th June 2011, 13:42
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRavens View Post

bhaaaaaaa.......kep making assumptions and talkimg non-sense.

you are basically saying forget the evidence and forget the data.....lets make assumptions out of the thin air,....it makes you feel better....LOL.....if you are going to biatch and moan about fraud and waste in the government and make allegations that your tax dollars are going to waste at least be informed where is the biggest fraud, abuse and waste is and is NOT your cousin or my GRANDMA.

Now you are saying that anybody getting some kind of help from the federal or state government either by health, education, job incentives or the thousands of handouts for all levels of classes of society and business shouldn't own a cell phone or a freakin' laptop that walmart has it cheap........I guess they must stay bare footed, uneducated and not be connected to the internet age....JAJAJAJA

By the way annew IPHONE is $199 and as low as $99....most cell phones you get them either free or cheap with a 2 yr. contract
A laptop you could get one as low as $299 in walt mart or ebay or buy it used in ebay for cheap.....you can get those mini laptops for the internet for $199.

I wouldn't call these items "HIGH END " products....they sell them from any chain store from Wal Mart, K-mart, Target and any swap meet in every city. I mean, low income people have to shop right to keep the economy floating or you want to hurt the economy and jobs too..........again, you are making assumptions because you have a bias and prejudice against a group of society of the lower class and make false assumptions that they are committing fraud against government funds because they own these gadgets that they sell everywhere for cheap. I dont see the connection but go ahead and make false assumptions if it makes you feel better.

Like my grandmother used to say: EL LADRON JUZGA POR SU CONDICION.........
Like I said, this is a discussion, not a policy making session.
Old 6th June 2011, 13:54
Quarantined User

there is a reason why we have cheap chain stores like WALMART and KMART ...so low income families can shop and keep the economy going........now you are saying low income people can't shop and own cheap things?.....well good luck in moving the economy and creating jobs

Like i told you the people you have to be mad about over medicare and medicaid are the doctors, hospitals and professionals that over-bill and over-charge the government millions dollars a year in services and medicine.....that's where the real FRAUD and WASTE is.....but you are more concern about your cousin that gets $800 a month ($26 dollars per day), YEAH im sure he is living the life of luxury with that kind of money....LMAO

Last edited by MikeRavens; 6th June 2011 at 14:21.
Old 6th June 2011, 14:02
Quarantined User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipoConSuerte View Post
Like I said, this is a discussion, not a policy making session.

yeah Clip said the same thing.......for him its a comedy and for you its making assumptions with no evidence.......what a wonderful world.

Last edited by MikeRavens; 6th June 2011 at 14:20.
Old 6th June 2011, 17:06
Super Moderator

Whatever dude. Hope you enjoyed yourself.