Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Love & Relationships > Family Matters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

FIND ANYONE EASILY...........

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th January 2002, 11:38

arawack
Lightbulb

It is not Rocket Science in finding someone especially if they are a family member. If you are searching for someone in PR first try the Puerto Rico SuperPages, then call directory assistance if the number is not listed in the white pages or ask for everyone with that surname in the town of your search.
Second, if it is your parent or child you are looking for try Military or Social Security letter forwarding services.
Third, Use the Family History Centers and look at birth,death and marriage records for the town of your search.
If you need further assistance, contact me I will assist you only if you are searching for a parent or child. I do not assist people looking for friends that you can do easily on http://www.planetalumni.com or http://www.classmates.com
God Bless and Good Luck.....
Old 22nd January 2002, 13:15

VALENTINA
i am looking for my father and family-his name is juan antonio delgado he somethimes went by robert and he has at least two brothers name raymond and carlos. i may also has at least one brother names hondo? i think. i am completely heartbroken not knowing my family. i was born in flint michigan in 1975. he raced horses here that is about all i know- except that he lived in rio piedras. he may also have had something to do with plaintain plantations. and he was in vietnam. any help or advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. my name is victoria and my e-mail is snowdrop23@aol.com. thank you very much-God bless
Old 17th June 2002, 23:15

chachy
Exclamation Buscando familia Gonzalez en P.R OR N.Y!!

HI, Im looking for my fathers family last name is Gonzalez. my father died a few years ago, although I did not get to meet him until I was 16 years old. Im now 32. I have never meet them. I know that some are in P.R and some live in NY. I also know that he has a son much older than my older sister. she is 40 I dont think that he knows about us, I heard that his mother changed his last name when she remarried. If you think that you can help me e-mail me at mard_gon@yahoo.com thanks
Old 3rd August 2002, 23:15

arawack
Question Gonzalez Family

In order for me to help you must provide more information regarding the Gonzalez family that you are looking for. Your posting is too vague. You must include names, town in Puerto Rico, ages, and whatever you know relavant to your family. What is the relationship to you?? Who exactly are you looking for? Then I can begin to give you some advice on how to start your search. Hope this helped.
Old 25th August 2002, 10:45

arawack
Thumbs up Some advice........

When you begin your search utilizing the internet, sit down and put together all the information you have about the family member you are looking for. If you are looking for a whole family utilize the name of the oldest person in the family, example the grandparents. Find out what town in Puerto Rico they are from. This is very important and useful!!!!
Keep records of all the people you have contacted thru your search. Document your contacts. Keep notes when you talk to someone over the phone.
If the surname is common try mass mailings of a letter explaining your search in English and Spanish. Start in Puerto Rico. You can find addresses in the old Puerto Rico phone books. If you live near a large metropolitan area, the local libraries carry them.
Use the family history centers, research the surname. You can find out what town they were most likely from in the census records. Go to http://www.familysearch.org
There you can find out where is the closest family history center near you.
I have even enlisted sometimes the help of the Mayors of some towns. They are very helpful. You know they always keep their constituents happy and if your family member lives in their town and would be happy for you to find them that may mean MORE VOTES! Keep that in mind!
Okay, got to go ran out of space!
Old 13th September 2002, 15:01

bayougirl71
Unhappy i hope you can help me then!

my name is gwen and i live in florida now. i am trying to locate a death certificate for my daughter's father. i have tried ancestory with his social security number i have contacted puerto rico and dominican republic but know one can seem to help me. he died april of 2000 he was shot by an officer. the problem i am havingis idon't know where he died at. i have everything someone needs to find him i mean like birthdate social sercurity number and full name. i don't know his parents name but i do know that they are in the dominican or puerto rico. if you could possible help me for my daughters sake i would appreciate this. very much.
thank you,
gwen
p.s. you can email me at blx71@aol.com
Old 13th September 2002, 15:36

arawack
Re: i hope you can help me then!

Quote:
Originally posted by bayougirl71
my name is gwen and i live in florida now. i am trying to locate a death certificate for my daughter's father. i have tried ancestory with his social security number i have contacted puerto rico and dominican republic but know one can seem to help me. he died april of 2000 he was shot by an officer. the problem i am havingis idon't know where he died at. i have everything someone needs to find him i mean like birthdate social sercurity number and full name. i don't know his parents name but i do know that they are in the dominican or puerto rico. if you could possible help me for my daughters sake i would appreciate this. very much.
thank you,
gwen
p.s. you can email me at blx71@aol.com
You can contact the Social Security Office and request a copy of his original application for Social Security. It cost about 25.00 dollars but it will give you an accurate date of death and if he lived in Puerto Rico you should be able to get the death certificate easily if not I can also access some records in the Dominican Republic. Why dont you know if he died in DR or PR??? Email me directly at lachangapr@yahoo.com and I can send you the instructions on how to obtain a social security application. Hope to hear from you soon.
Blanca