Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Personals > General Personals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BEST WAY TO FIND LOST FAMILY MEMBERS.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28th October 2001, 19:47

arawack
Exclamation

FOR EVERYONE WHO IS SEARCHING FOR A CHILD OR PARENT PLEASE UTILIZE THE SOCIAL SECURITY LOCATOR SERVICE. IT IS A LETTER FORWARDING SERVICE TO THE LOVED ONE THAT YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR. GO TO THE SOCIAL SECURITY WEB PAGE AND THE ADDRESS AND INSTRUCTIONS ARE LISTED. IF YOU NEED ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL. ALSO, DON'T FORGET TO UTILIZE THE VOTER REGISTRATION SYSTEM. I HAVE HELPED SEVERAL PEOPLE LOCATE SOMEONE WITH THESE TOOLS. THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT MAKES ANYONE EASY TO LOCATE AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT LOOKING FOR AN ADOPTEE OR A BIOLOGICAL PARENT OF A ADOPTEE. GOD BLESS AND WISH YOU ALL FIND YOUR LOVED ONES.
arawack@yahoo.com
or
for AOL users
indiaarawack@aol.com
Old 23rd November 2001, 20:32

resdeoro
How to use Soc. Sec. & voter registration

I have been trying to find relatives of my mother's in Puerto Rico. I have names and approximate ages. I tried using the phone directory and it requires more than one surname. How can the Soc. Security and voter registration help me? Reach me at valenramos@aol.com
Old 12th February 2002, 14:22

arawack
Exclamation Your question....

I sent you an email to your aol address but no response yet. email me if you read this reply. I can be reached at blancardz@aol.com
I can email you the locator service page with instructions. It has to be a close family member, parent, sibling only. Good luck.
Old 13th February 2002, 08:00

VALENTINA
could you e-mail me that page also- i called the numbers you gave me and they were not him, but thank you for all your help!!!
Old 16th February 2002, 12:22

arawack
to Valentina

Guillermo,Is mailing you some information and I did send you the page with the Social Security Locator information. Let me know if you understand what to do. Also, expect something from Guillermo. He is the best old man in the world. He loves to help people find their family and he helped me find my husband's mother about 6 years ago and we have kept working helping others together. Great story huh??
Take care,
'Blanca
Old 10th July 2002, 22:40

Jessica29
Hi I'm looking for my brother in Puerto Rico could you foward that web page to me. my email address is yessika29@hotmail.com Thanks alot.
Old 11th July 2002, 19:19

arawack
Reply to Jessica

There is no web page. ? I have the instructions posted on this site. Just use the search option on the page and enter my username Arawack and that should give you a list of my postings.I will copy and paste the instructions below:
Here it goes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A: Regulation No. 1 of the Social Security Act does not permit SSA to disclose information about the whereabouts of a missing person except as provided for the Parent Locator Service (service for locating a parent who has skipped out on child support payments). However, circumstances may arise when it would be proper to inform the missing person of information about which he would want to know. Where strongly compelling circumstances of this nature exist, SSA may forward a letter to him/her. The letter forwarding policy is restrictive because:

(1) the inquirer can be helped only if the addressee replies to the letter. It would serve little purpose to forward a letter to an individual unless it contains information that he/she could reasonably be expected to want to receive and which would cause him/her to reply. This excludes requests which are primarily for the benefit of the requester rather than the missing person.
(2) SSA does not want to burden employers. Most letters must be forwarded through the last employer of record. Some large employers have asked SSA not to send letters to the employees in care of the company.
(3) If all requests to forward letters were honored, the volume would significantly interfere with normal SSA operations.
(4) The addressee may consider receipt of the letter as an unwarranted invasion of his/her privacy.

A letter will not be forwarded unless the following conditions are met:
(1) There are strongly compelling reasons for wanting to get in touch with the missing person such as: a close relative of the missing person is seriously ill, is dying or has died; a child is left without parental care because of the death or incapacity of the remaining parent; a defendant in a felony case is seeking a defense witness; a parent wishes to locate a missing son or daughter; the consent of the missing person is needed in connection with an adoption proceeding for his/her child; the missing person is the beneficiary of an estate and the executor is trying to locate him; other instances where the missing person is due money or valuable property; a doctor or hospital wishes to contact a missing person for health reasons.

(2) The missing person would want to know about the contents of the letter.
(3) The missing person's disappearance occurred far enough in the past that SSA could reasonably expect to have a usable mailing address (wages are reported by employersnly once a year, so the most recent information SSA has will be at least a year old).
(4) All other possibilities for contacting the missing person have been exhausted.

Letter to your family member to be forwarded in a plain, unstamped, unsealed envelope. Mail your request to:

Social Security Administration
Wilkes-Barre Data Operations Center
1150 East Mountain Drive
PO Box 3150
Wilkes-Barre PA 18767-3150