Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Culture > History
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Black Puerto Ricans

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21st July 2005, 12:35

SENECA is on a distinguished road
Angry The Kick In The Face

HEY, WHAT'S UP I WANNA SAY THAT IT IS CLEARLY A PROBLEM OF SOCIAL CLASS IN PUERTO RICO MY ISLAND, NOT REALLY RACISM. BLACK PUERTORICANS NEED TO START LOVING THEMSELVES FOR WHO THEY ARE, THEIR NOSES, THEIR LIPS, THEIR COLOR. IT IS WHY THEY GET NO RESPECT FROM WHITE FAMILIES ON THE ISLAND, MANY TIMES, IT IS BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS MAINTAIN THAT LEVEL OF INFERIORITY AMONG WHITE PUERTO RICANS WHO ARE BUSY THINKING THEY ARE ALL OF THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS. BUT IF WE WERE TO TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT OUR ROOTS AS BORICUAS IT WILL BE SO OBVIOUS THAT THE TRUE HISTORY OF BORINQUEN LIES IN OUR DARKINS, THE TRUE TALENT, ARTISTIC AND OTHER WISE WITHIN THE ISLAND IS OF INDIGENOUS AND AFRICAN DESCENT, WITH SPANISH HERE AND THERE, BUT EVEN THEN ELLOS COMO QUIERAN NO TIENEN LAGRACIA DEL PUERTO RIQUENO DE COLOR. ESO SIEMPRE SE SABE. LOS UNICOS QUE NO LOS SABEN SON, GUESS WHO!!!! THE BLACK PUERTO RICANS THEMSELVES, FOR THEY HAVE LOST SELF LOVE . WAKE UP MY PEOPLE IN THE LOWER CLASS OF THE CARIBBEAN, AND REPRESENT WITH TRUE VIGOR YOUR ROOTS.
Old 21st July 2005, 12:39

Angry The Cultural Kick In The Face

HEY, WHAT'S UP I WANNA SAY THAT IT IS CLEARLY A PROBLEM OF SOCIAL CLASS IN PUERTO RICO MY ISLAND, NOT REALLY RACISM. BLACK PUERTORICANS NEED TO START LOVING THEMSELVES FOR WHO THEY ARE, THEIR NOSES, THEIR LIPS, THEIR COLOR. IT IS WHY THEY GET NO RESPECT FROM WHITE FAMILIES ON THE ISLAND, MANY TIMES, IT IS BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS MAINTAIN THAT LEVEL OF INFERIORITY AMONG WHITE PUERTO RICANS WHO ARE BUSY THINKING THEY ARE ALL OF THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS. BUT IF WE WERE TO TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT OUR ROOTS AS BORICUAS IT WILL BE SO OBVIOUS THAT THE TRUE HISTORY OF BORINQUEN LIES IN OUR DARKINS, THE TRUE TALENT, ARTISTIC AND OTHER WISE WITHIN THE ISLAND IS OF INDIGENOUS AND AFRICAN DESCENT, WITH SPANISH HERE AND THERE, BUT EVEN THEN ELLOS COMO QUIERAN NO TIENEN LAGRACIA DEL PUERTO RIQUENO DE COLOR. ESO SIEMPRE SE SABE. LOS UNICOS QUE NO LOS SABEN SON, GUESS WHO!!!! THE BLACK PUERTO RICANS THEMSELVES, FOR THEY HAVE LOST SELF LOVE . WAKE UP MY PEOPLE IN THE LOWER CLASS OF THE CARIBBEAN, AND REPRESENT WITH TRUE VIGOR YOUR ROOTS.
Old 21st July 2005, 12:47

I Sort Of Agree

[quote=Yujike]I recommend to all of you to read Los cuatro pisos , a book written by Jose Luis Gonzalez. In it he DESTROYS the bull**** about the three races living peacefuly and nicely in PR and postulates that there are two cultures in PR, a popular one and the other a dominant one, the dominant one meaning PR whites, descendants of Spanish stock who dominate all aspects of PR society and the rest, mulatos and mixed race people with no power whatsoever. Wake up and don't buy the three race bull****. Non-whites in PR need to wake up and smell the racism and be not only proud of their heritage but willing to defend it with VOTES and by taking a stand, these people are NOT our brothers HEY COMO ESTAS MY NAME IS CARLOS ARUZ I WANNA SAY THAT YOU SAID SOMETHING THAT'S VERY TRUE ABOUT PUERTO RICANS OF COLOR LEARNING TO LOVE THEIR CULTURE AND FIGHT FOR THEIR RECOGNITION, BUT YOU MOST ALSO REALISE THAT OUR LIGHTS SKIN PUERTO RICAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS, OR WHITE RICANS, FEEL THAT THEY WANNA BE ONE WITH US NOT SEPARATED.
Old 21st July 2005, 14:40
Delgado22

Angry Despierta Boricua!

Why do your posts come up so many times?

But I do agree wtih you, that's why I always deride those pass-for-white boricuas who only claim to be PR when it's convenient for them. Otherwise, they expend the rest of their time and energy trying to pass for white.

I also hate it when Boricuas who OBVIOUSLY have sangre africano -- have this inferiority complex where they believe they are "marrying up" by getting with white people "a mejorar la raza" COMO??? PA' QUE??? DESPIERTA BORICUA!!!!!!!!
Old 22nd August 2005, 19:32

s3xy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgado22
Why do your posts come up so many times?

But I do agree wtih you, that's why I always deride those pass-for-white boricuas who only claim to be PR when it's convenient for them. Otherwise, they expend the rest of their time and energy trying to pass for white.

I also hate it when Boricuas who OBVIOUSLY have sangre africano -- have this inferiority complex where they believe they are "marrying up" by getting with white people "a mejorar la raza" COMO??? PA' QUE??? DESPIERTA BORICUA!!!!!!!!
You can't seen too muc into race like that, it denys a part of yourself

you consider yourself "Black" Puerto Rican right? Well, most black puerto ricans are very mixed, with "spanish" or taino, small adimixture....thats why looking that way is not cool.

I just see every Puerto Rico equal, lol we have too many different looking people trying to be racist like Americans.
Old 10th September 2005, 20:59
Delgado22

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3xy

you consider yourself "Black" Puerto Rican right? Well, most black puerto ricans are very mixed, with "spanish" or taino, small adimixture....thats why looking that way is not cool.

I just see every Puerto Rico equal, lol we have too many different looking people trying to be racist like Americans.

I understand what you are saying.
Old 29th October 2005, 13:47

stop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3xy

try russia
try spain(there your people and are not very tolerant of africans) lol
try the u.k- hmm a black teen got an axe to the head and the killers are still at large and this happened months ago its not just the united states its every where where racist is tolerant and at least the united states have discrimination laws wheras other countries don't or may not act upon them!