Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Culture > History
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

boricua bloodline...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 7th October 2004, 10:08

Danny312
Question El Boricua

I just wana know why is there such a big Racism problem in our Puerto Rico when over here in the states were just glad 2 know that there r other puerto ricans here we don't care if there dark or light skinded.(who ever can answer this question) why don't Boricuas and Mexicans get along, i stay over here in Humboldt Park chicago and the puerto ricans over were i stay at got it in for the mexicans. i'm puerto rican when i was yunger i had mexican friends but i lived in another naborhood but when i hit 14 we moved 2 Humboldt Park my first High school was Roberto Clemente when i got in the school i made alot of friends all of them were puerto rican they were always talking about how much they hate mexican's y eso seme pego know i started hatting mexicans for no reson (who ever can answer my question why do we have so much hate against Mexicans).
Old 20th October 2004, 20:54

ROANOKE23
Smile BLOODLINE

TO ANSWER YOU QUESTION, PUERTO RICANS HAVE 3 MAIN BLOOD LINES. TAINO, THE NATIVES ON THE ISLAND. AFRICAN, AND SPANISH, AND A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF ANGLO. AT ONE POINT IN HISTORY THERE WERE MORE AFRICANS IN PUERTO RICO THAN SPAINARD AND TAINOS. WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW HOW AFRICANS PLAYED A PART IN MEXICOS HISTORY?

Quote:
Originally posted by MeXiCHiCo
what blood are most puerto ricans consisting of?? my puerto rican friends here in l.a. are mainly light complected to tanned...most say they are mestizzos (spanish and indigenous) or just say they are puerto rican not knowing what blood they have.....also, i havent really seen an afro-boricua in face to face...ive only seen them on tv such as tito trinidad and roberto clemente.....but what are u gente mostly mixed with??
Old 22nd June 2005, 10:37

LatinaMamiChiquita
We are all the real melting pot of being mix because we are all the same race. HUMAN!

damn these posts were along time ago..... ohwell. But first i want to answer one remark. the reason why there is tension is because Chicago is one city that has alot of Mexicanos y Puertorriquenos ... rather than California who has more Mexicans or New York who has more Puerto Ricans If your more equal in a city... you will see some Latino on Latino hating going on. wow Latinos have hating for each other rather than only the white or black man. wow but thats a different subject. And about the spanish people being so mixed... if spanish people are mixed with other bloods then all Latinos are mixed with those same bloods as well let alone how did the Indians all come about let alone they are not really called Indians ....Indians are ones in India.....and we are miscalled Indians... so i wonder how 'Indian' people came about really. instead of this back n forth thing without real facts. as well as different African countries in Latin blood as well even if not alot in some other Latin countries. We got alot of blood...its not just Puerto Rico. its all Latin America and even if you say your not this blood or that blood its still part of your country and its still part of your culture and so thats what you are anyway. and yes its way more complicated than black/indian/white blood... our countries have different black blood , some different white (unless you go into the spanish have more than one blood therory)then we all have different white blood, and other Latinos have more than one Indian blood. We all are diverse so the Mexican who posted this will learn more about his culture rather than just Puerto Rican people which is interesting as well, but in the end we are only one race, the human race, and the color of our skin and the jaw line etc. is just what part of the world we are from to handle weather or land. we are all the same, its amazing how we fight this all our lives and then we die wasting our lives with it. lol
Old 3rd July 2005, 05:40

EL_BORICUA
Cool

According to the U.S.Census,and CIA factbook Puerto Rico's
population breakdown is as follows:

White of Spanish decent: 80.5%,Black 8%,Amerindian 0.4%
Asian 0.2%,Mixed and other 10.9%.
Old 23rd July 2005, 13:22

RepublicadePR
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujike
Name a race, and we have it. The Spanish were already mixed after 700 years of Arab occupation of their peninsula and before that from the godos, romans and greeks, before they arrived at our shores. Here, they mixed with the Arawaks and killed most of them but their genes survive today. They brought the africans fron different parts of Africa, the Ibo, the Mende, the Yoruba and others; and these were from black with caucasian features to really black-violet folks. Then the French, mainly Corsicans came to the island for the coffee industry, today almost 7% of puertorricans surnames are French. Then the Irish, in some island they are are called "red legs" ( an O'Reilly created the Lottery in PR)and italians, since Spain donimated a big chunk of Italy during Charles the 5 reign. In Puerto Rico many of these people of italian ancestry are in the legal business, lawyers and judges. When Cuba closed its doors we received a large Chinese population that in Cuba was the largest of Chinese ancestry in the Caribbean. Also, through Spain, many Arabs form Morocco and other parts of the middle east. Then our soldiers in the US army went around the world and came home with spouses and sometimes children from all those war fronts. The US is a "salad bowl", we are the true melting pot. And every day we receive in our shores the peoples of the Universe. Who knows, maybe there is also Chupacabra blood in us-but that is a different story!!

Saludos Yujike y excelente exposición. Estás en lo correcto en decir que los Boricuas tenemos raza de prácticamente todas naciones incluyendo asiática, indígena, árabe, europea, africana, y de la india. Predomina la europea, africana, e indígena, pero no es menos cierto que existen otras razas en nuestra mezcla.

Y todos nos hemos mezclado para crear la nación Boricua.

¡Viva la diversidad y viva Puerto Rico libre!
Old 23rd July 2005, 13:28

RepublicadePR
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny312
I just wana know why is there such a big Racism problem in our Puerto Rico when over here in the states were just glad 2 know that there r other puerto ricans here we don't care if there dark or light skinded.(who ever can answer this question) why don't Boricuas and Mexicans get along, i stay over here in Humboldt Park chicago and the puerto ricans over were i stay at got it in for the mexicans. i'm puerto rican when i was yunger i had mexican friends but i lived in another naborhood but when i hit 14 we moved 2 Humboldt Park my first High school was Roberto Clemente when i got in the school i made alot of friends all of them were puerto rican they were always talking about how much they hate mexican's y eso seme pego know i started hatting mexicans for no reson (who ever can answer my question why do we have so much hate against Mexicans).

Existen los que son acomplejados y creen que si no son aglosajones y blanquitos, los norteamericanos no nos van a querer y nos van a abandonar.

Mi pana, esa es una realidad que hay que bregar, lamentablemente. Ese complejo de inferioridad que existe en mi hermosa archipélago se manifiesta en distintas maneras, pero yo soy de los que lucha para educar a mi puebo en cualquier foro, de cualquier manera que se me haga posible. El rascismo en Puerto Rico, sin embargo no es de la misma intensidad y forma que existe en los Estados Unidos, y en otras naciones pues la inmensa mayoría reconoce su herencia y acepta su diversidad.

Sobre le odio hacia los Mejicanos, en verdad, eso no lo he visto, y ni lo he presentido, tal vez es algo que se ve en Los Angeles, en verdad no se. La única queja que si he escuchado es que UNIVISION ha reemplazado a los actores Boricuas del patio para importar programas enlatados de Méjico y otros países y han eliminado la inmensa de mayoría de producción local por que dicen que el acento Boricua no es "neutral" pero el de ellos sí.

Aparte de eso, nosotros no tenemos nadad personal en contra de los Mejicanos, de paso, aquí les fascina la música de Vicente Fernandez, Ricardo Montero, Pandora, y muchos otros artistas Mejicanos.
Old 22nd August 2005, 19:26

s3xy is on a distinguished road
No one is really "pure" saying everyone is mixed is obvious

the Tainos were "wipeout", well, not really, cause they're in our sangre, even if you look moreno or blanquito, that what makes our people look different, and better looking than most, we have that special flavor that distants us from other people, our "blacks" "triracials" or our "whites" are far good looking, its like an own distant race.

Anyway, if you want to know what Puerto Ricans look like, check out this thread

http://www.virtualboricua.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=49

^ You can't get more diverse and unified like that.