Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Human Rights > International Human Rights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CHENEY THE iNQUISITOR, THE NAZIS AND FOX NETWORK

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13th May 2009, 13:56

Yujike
CHENEY THE iNQUISITOR, THE NAZIS AND FOX NETWORK

This is just incredible, it reads like a nightmare taken from a Dante episode of hell. Dick Cheney, the Inquisitor and Torture Maximus, the one that lied repeatedly about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, who said Saddam was closely allied to Al-Qaida, now says that the use of torture was beneficial for the country and kept the terrorists at bay for 7 and one half years. (he seems to forget that the terrorist attack that killed more than 3 thousand Americans in the towers occurred DURING his tenure) He says that even tough torture IS illegal according to our own laws and the Geneva Convention. Is like robbing a bank and rationalizing it by saying that the $ was given to charity, the act does not condone the commission of the crime.
During the Nuremberg trials against the Nazis, they argued that they were just following orders from their superiors and following the law of the land. The allies, specially the United Sates rejected this argument tenaciously and eventually the Nazis were accused of crimes against humanity. Now some republicans and the Fox Network are using the same Nazi arguments to defend the use of torture by the Bush Administration.
Since in a recent poll only 22% of respondents called themselves republicans, this type of action assures the extinction of the Party of Lincoln as a viable political party.
And Dick Cheney, who obtained 6 deferments in order to avoid serving in our armed forces proclaims that he prefers Rush Limbaugh (drug addict and another deferment) over General Colin Powell, two tours of Viet-Nam, 35 years of service to the nation, ex-Secretary of State. The party is doomed when this asinine torturer, Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin are the face of the Republican Party. Maybe this is the opportunity to form a new party with Colin Powell and other Republican moderates as leaders, who knows.
Finally what kept Al-Qaida and the others terrorists out of the country was not torture but the fact that Dick Cheney and George Bush opened two war fronts and provided more that 200,000 targets to the terrorists by deploying our soldiers in harm’s way. The terrorists can kill Americans in their own backyard, they don’t have to come here to do it.
I hope a Special Prosecutor is named to investigate Dick Cheney and George Bush, not a Commission which will solve nothing, and that eventually these two are tried for committing crimes against humanity.
Old 20th March 2013, 06:52

Yujike
Tomas Young, Dying Iraq War Veteran, Pens 'Last Letter' To Bush, Cheney On War's 10th Anniversary

I write this letter, my last letter, to you, Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney. I write not because I think you grasp the terrible human and moral consequences of your lies, manipulation and thirst for wealth and power. I write this letter because, before my own death, I want to make it clear that I, and hundreds of thousands of my fellow veterans, along with millions of my fellow citizens, along with hundreds of millions more in Iraq and the Middle East, know fully who you are and what you have done. You may evade justice but in our eyes you are each guilty of egregious war crimes, of plunder and, finally, of murder, including the murder of thousands of young Americans—my fellow veterans—whose future you stole.