Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Culture > Language
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

HELP!! puerto rican accent needed for role

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 14th December 2009, 15:36

Raices
Cool Raices !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuxelle View Post
Hi! My name is Alexa and I am searching for some help in developing my accent for a role I am planning to audition for in May. The character is Anita from West Side Story, and I thought that there might be someone who could give me some advice in making my accent more authentic.

Alexa
Hey Deuxelle, What your looking for is a N.Y. accent, with a slight spanish accent, there is no such thing as puertorican, mexican accent, because all hispanic`s sound the same when speaking in english, so ignore the ignorance of the world, & go and learn what you need to know( jou kno ), & for the world, it`s time to stop the hate, it`s unnecessary !!!!!!!
Old 5th August 2011, 12:56

Kiani21 is on a distinguished road
West Side story and Carlitos Way are the worst representations of Puerto Rican people Ive seen, actually you know what Ive seen just as bad from a couple different movies and shows. I don't understand why these direactors and movie makers don't bring in REAL Puerto Ricans to play Puerto Ricans, they always use Mexicans, Italians, and other Latin Americans not even from the Carribean from South and Central America.
Old 6th August 2011, 11:27
Super Moderator

TipoConSuerte is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiani21 View Post
West Side story and Carlitos Way are the worst representations of Puerto Rican people Ive seen, actually you know what Ive seen just as bad from a couple different movies and shows. I don't understand why these direactors and movie makers don't bring in REAL Puerto Ricans to play Puerto Ricans, they always use Mexicans, Italians, and other Latin Americans not even from the Carribean from South and Central America.
Mexicans said the same thing when Jeniffer Lopez played the role of Selena.