Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Personals > Looking for Penpals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hello from the UK.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10th July 2002, 14:33

UKLatino
Smile

Hello all,

Just found this site, and wanted to get back in touch with my people. Been in the UK now for 4 years, and I've only met one other PR (half and half). I'd love to hear from anyone who just wanted to talk.

Take care,
UKLatino
Old 12th July 2002, 07:02

FLOR-NEGRA
Talking

Hi UKLatino!!

Just a little hello back to you over there....So how do you like it at UK?.......

Old 13th July 2002, 03:33

UKLatino
Life in the UK

Hey,

Thanks for replying, life here is very interesting. First of all they are more anti american than you'll ever know. But the people are good, once they get over the fact that you're american. Being here has open the world up to me in differnet ways. Being in North America we're too busy traveling in that part of the world. But once you come here you spend so much time in the continent that you learn alot about differnt cultures.

Also, English food is the worst. The best selling food here is Indian food, then Thai and Chinese. Things are expensive, but they have a simplicity to life that has long been missing from America. Hope that gave you a better picture of life here, oh I almost forgot. It was really funny getting used to driving on the OTHER side of the street.

UKLatino

Old 13th July 2002, 05:22

R2D22002
Smile Welcome!

Hello and welcome UK Latino!

Are you in the service out there or just decided to move there? Are you from P.R. or U.S.A? I live in N.Y. and was born and raised in P.R. No many PR people upstate N.Y. at times I feel like a fish out of water. Specially when I speak (I have a Long Island spanish accent) and some people look at me like I have 2 heads! LOL! I think you've experienced that too. I'm sure you miss the food out here. But if you can cook, you can make whatever you like best, wherever you live and still enjoy your favorite meals that way. Like us Boricuas in the U.S. we cook our Puertorican dishes any time. At times it's hard to find the ingredients so we have to improvise.

Old 20th July 2002, 11:05

UKLatino
Annie,

Sorry I didn't reply soon, been busy at work. My job brought me out here. I was born and bred in spanish harlem. Yeah, I do miss the food, but my mom always sends me seasoning, so when I'm home I cook good food. Ther are a lot of Hispanic people here, Colombian, Brazilians, Spanish, and others. I've heard there is a large Spanish community in an area of London called Elephant and Castle. YES, that is the name of it, I've only driven thru it, but I need to explore it. I improvise alot out here, Sofrito is HARD to get, and expensive if you order it over the internet. I'm learning how to make my own. But all in all its been fun out here. I've done a lot of traveling and seen a lot fo different cultures. The best was going to Spain. It really bring home what our history is all about. Hope to hear from you soon
Old 24th July 2002, 14:24

R2D22002
Smile Spain?

Hi UK Latino, I didn't know there were so many latinos there. It's interesting you have been to Spain. I have some spaniard blood . Barcelona and Madrid. My grandmother spoke Catalan. Ever heard of, "Barcelona es bona si la bolsa sona, mas si no sona como si tan sona , Barcelona sempre es bona". She taught me that when I was a child and I will never forget it. Where in Spain did you go?
I got back from Orlando a couple of days ago and while there visited a P.R. supermarket. I bought ingredients to make sofrito with! Where does your Mom live?
Old 28th August 2002, 03:54

mina
hellomy name is mina. I'm french. And i really want to meet some portorican guy. to talk or more... UK is not far from french maybe we could meet one day?