Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Personals > Looking for Penpals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Do PR men love Black women

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10th August 2005, 14:18

blackindianchica
Cool Delgado22

aight just checkin. and yeah that person does have something wrong with them, when u pin point it u tell me aight.
holla at me.

Monae aka baby gurl
Old 3rd March 2008, 07:49

Cocoricomami is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackindianchica View Post
I have heard alot about PR men But i also have heard some negatives too. I mean I love some PR men they are so romantic and love women for who they are. i just need to know the truth.
holla back at cha gurl
I think it depends on the guy. Some guys do and others don't. You must learn to take each man that approaches you as an individual, and not get so caught up in his culture.

I don't believe in stereotyping anyone. Some men of any race are good, loving individuals, and some are not.

I believe that many PR and Latino men like their own women first (which should be expected and is okay). However, I think that there are just as many that genuinely find Black women attractive, sexy and would want to date them.

Get over the fact that you are of different cultures and get to know him as a man. See his substance. Is he honorable? Respectful? Does he have good character? Will he take care of you in marriage or in your relationship? These are truly the things that matter at the end of the day! Not just whether he is Puerto Rican, Black or something else!
Old 22nd September 2009, 06:15

Cocoricomami is on a distinguished road
Apparently, they do

Adam Rodriguez has dated Black women. He's half Puerto Rican and half Cuban. It's rumored he's dating Taraji Henson and he had another Black girlfriend before. And he's really cute

His former girlfriend

Old 22nd September 2009, 08:35

Yujike
eL AMOR VA MAS ALLA DE NUESTRAS DIFERENCIAS ARTIFICIALES

El amor vence barreras, derrota la infelicidad, conquista los corazones, embate contra viento y marea, nos inspira y nos llena de alegria, el amor es santo, es purificador, elimina las diferencias, nos acerca al Creador, nos aleja del maligno, une las comunidades, y todo esto y mucho mas hace el amor INDEPENDIENTEMENTE DE LA NACIONALIDAD, LA RAZA, LA ESTRATA SOCIAL, O LA PREFERENCIA POLITICA.
Old 24th September 2009, 23:43
Super Moderator

Suki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujike View Post
El amor vence barreras, derrota la infelicidad, conquista los corazones, embate contra viento y marea, nos inspira y nos llena de alegria, el amor es santo, es purificador, elimina las diferencias, nos acerca al Creador, nos aleja del maligno, une las comunidades, y todo esto y mucho mas hace el amor INDEPENDIENTEMENTE DE LA NACIONALIDAD, LA RAZA, LA ESTRATA SOCIAL, O LA PREFERENCIA POLITICA.
Ave maria Yujike...te INSPIRASTES....el amor te golpeo muchisimo hoy! Canto de macho ROMANTICO que eres!! JAJAJA.

Old 25th September 2009, 11:41

Yujike
Hey Suki, mo esposa y yo nos retiramos este a~o. Ya tenemos el calendario lleno para el proximo a~o.

Hace un tiempo que estoy escribiendo una columna semanal para un blog de mi pueblo sobre mis experiencias y vivencias de pueblo. Le interesaria a PR.com publicar algunos de estos cuentos cortos? Solo contienen de 500 a 600 palabras.
Old 25th November 2009, 15:14

clip is on a distinguished road
Talking The Princess and the Hispanic Frog

Casualmente la nueva pelicula de Disney "THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG" parea una princesa Afro-Americana con un principe Hispano, o uno que parece Hispano. Sorprendentemente no escogieron a un Afro-Americano para ser el principe.

En la nueva revista de News Week Allison Samuels nos dá sus razones por las cuales las mujeres Afro-Americanas deben empezar a buscar hombres que no sean negros. ¿Por que? La mayoría de las mujeres Afro-Americanas no se casan. El 47%, se quedan esperando su principe negro. Lean el porque Samuels cree así. ¡ AGUZENSE MUJERES HISPANAS, PRONTO TENDRAN COMPETENCIA!

A Frog of a Different Color
By Allison Samuels | NEWSWEEK

Published Nov 19, 2009

From the magazine issue dated Nov 30, 2009

For what seems like forever, I have waited for The Princess and the Frog. This is the first Disney animated film about an African-American princess, and this delightful fairy tale couldn't come at a better time, what with the two little African-American princesses who live in the White House. The newest Disney royal is named Tiana, and she's a young woman with pools for eyes, a figure straight out of a fashion magazine, and a big dream. Tiana wants to own a restaurant—she makes a mean beignet—but she's so busy working to save money for it that she barely notices when a prince comes to her corner of 1920s New Orleans. Like every Disney prince, Naveen seems completely unattainable, though for reasons that have less to do with his station or his dreamy French accent than with our own, more modern concerns. Prince Naveen has a tannish complexion, but he clearly isn't African-American. My fear is that for many in the black community, the fairy tale may just end right there.

Since the 1960s, marriages between black men and white women have been steadily increasing—14 percent of all black men are now married outside the race. Yet only 4 percent of black women do the same. Why? Black women, for better or worse, have always seemed to maintain a loyalty to the ideal of the black family unit. That's understandable, even noble, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense when so many black men don't feel the same way. Combined with the disturbing number of black men in prison, that means 47 percent of all African-American women today never marry. With those numbers, I say it's time for many black women to start thinking, and acting, like Tiana.

I'm certainly not suggesting that we all follow in the steps of a fictional character, but I am proposing that we take a good, long look at what the fairy tale is trying to teach the children of the world—and us. In The Princess and the Frog, we see a young girl not inhibited by the color of her skin or her suitor's. Of course, the film makes that easy by changing them both into frogs—it's a long story—so that color becomes the least of their concerns (after, say, the whole eating-flies thing). This gives them the opportunity to get to know each other without the added pressure of who comes from where and who looks like what. The don't-judge-a-book-by-its-cover idea may be a Disney cliché (see also Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, etc.), but it comes at a time when, as Prince Naveen might say, Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. Just last month, a justice of the peace in Louisiana was forced to resign after he refused to marry an interracial couple. It would be wonderful if the black family could stay together to face down society's prejudices, but black women can't shoulder that responsibility by themselves. And they certainly shouldn't be consigned to a lifetime of loneliness. Princess Tiana is able to find happiness by wishing upon a star, but all that black women have to do is open their minds.

Find this article at
'The Princess and the Frog': Disney's Mixed Race Royalty | Newsweek Culture | Newsweek.com