Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Love & Relationships > Love and Romance
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What do puerto rican men want/expect?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th August 2003, 17:33

Italian_Chick
Okay, just curious to know just what you guys like/want/expect from a woman.
When you're dating someone, do you like to be around her alot or do you need your space? Do you like if she calls you alot or is it annoying? I'm dating this PR guy and I have absolutely no idea of how I'm supposed to act. When I don't call him, he asks why I didn't call. I try not to call too much because I don't wanna bug him - at the same time, I don't want him to think I'm not interested in him cuz I really am. He constantly tells me if I wanna see him, all i have to do is say so and he will come see me but I feel so stupid. LOL ... I'm worried if I tell him to come over, I'll end up asking him to come over too much and he will think I'm a bug-a-boo.

I love being around him - he is so sweet and makes me feel good.

I must say, all the PR men I have ever dated, have always treated me with alot of respect. Some may have had bad tempers (not towards me) but have always made sure I was taken care of. The guy I'm seeing now, took me to a club with him and his friend last weekend. I kinda was scared to go because I knew alot of girls like him and I didn't wanna look dumb but when we got there, he held my hand the whole night and stayed by my side. He let everyone know I was with him which made me feel good.

Anyway, I just need some advice on what to do and not do. Just what exactly do you all like?

Thanks ..... Sandra
Old 25th August 2003, 14:06

brandi2
What PR men like ? I'm curious too.

I'm curious about what PR guys like also. There's this PR guy I really like, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere with him. I think I may have came on too strong at first. He flirts like he's interested, but that's it. Maybe I'm taking it all the wrong way. I don't know what to do. Maybe I should just forget about him.
Old 25th August 2003, 14:41

CARLOSTRUCKDRVR
Smile

hi sandra my name is carlos im new on this web n i like my girl to call one or two time a day n see her alot to get to know each other better a what we like about each other. i love talking on the phone but not all men r like that
Old 3rd October 2003, 16:37

eddierosado
You cant generalize Puerto Rican men, there come in all forms just like everyone else. Puerto Rican men raised in the US are different from Puerto Rican men raised in Puerto Rico. Some are geeks, some are not; Some are romantics while others are not; Some cant even dance. What im trying to say is dont treat them any different because they are Puerto Rican.

The only thing you can probably say is that Puerto Rican date all races with impunity.
Old 3rd December 2003, 02:35

fresco
hola mi gente. I think that what i like/expect/desire from a woman is a lot. Let me explain. I would like a woman that is attractive, who has a great personality, is not shy, is compationite, responsible, dedicated, and well all around wonderful. It might sound like im picky but i just want to say that these are all qualities in many females all around the world. I love simplicity and complication but above else i love myself and i want somebody who respects that and shares that.

con mucho amor para toda mi gente
~fresco~
Old 3rd December 2003, 07:10

GEO31
Im no male but...

Hey Italiana,

I am not a guy but I have quite a few experiences and u sound like myself, with the shyness and feeling stupid part cuz thats me...First things first, he is ur man, u show ur man love...Second thing, I know men do like their space, give him that, and what u are feeling is normal,but he is your man never be afraid to tell ur mate what u are feeling towards him, thats what communication is all about...My suggestion would be to balance things out cuz sometimes you are put in a situation when u don't know what to do, Girl he's urs love him, and as long as u are getting the same in return with RESPECT u are GOOD TO GO...

BYE NOW...
Old 3rd December 2003, 07:20

GEO31
Re: What PR men like ? I'm curious too.

Quote:
Originally posted by brandi2
I'm curious about what PR guys like also. There's this PR guy I really like, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere with him. I think I may have came on too strong at first. He flirts like he's interested, but that's it. Maybe I'm taking it all the wrong way. I don't know what to do. Maybe I should just forget about him.
I mean girl, if u like somebody u should be able to share that but I know sometimes things don't work out that way, and maybe he did admire u but not the way u did..See sometimes men dont like women for all the same or right reasons and as far as women go, we are more emotional and sensitive so its different...I mean maybe u did come on too strong but u were only going on ur instincts, there is nothing wrong with that...I mean I was just admiring someone @ work and finally asked him out and got shot down, its just a chance u take in life...I am not a bold person but sometimes if u are curious to know, make it your business but like I said previously to someone on this board, there are consequences and u have to it and be able to face it...But don't never be forced into a situation, work at ur own pace...Cuz when I asked this guy out from work I was sort of pushed...So remember that...