Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Love & Relationships > Love and Romance
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Do puerto rican guys even like black women??

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.42 average. Display Modes
Old 13th March 2002, 12:40

MuAh4YouBaby
Question

Thanx everywun for the responses..I've noticed that the east coast, especially the tri-state area (ny nj and conn) seems to be a bit of a melting pot. Reguardless of race/religion/backroun. I've never been anywhere on the west coast before. The farthest I've ever been in the western direction is Ohio to visit family. So my question now is are interracial relationships on the west coast or in the south less common then on the east coast? I've heard many stories about the confrontation in California between african americans and mexicans and peronaly i think its horrible...does this also exist within the puerto rican community?(on the west coast)
Old 13th March 2002, 20:18

LaNegra
Wink

Sister...
I am an African-American woman whose best relationships have been with Puerto Rican men. In fact my only child was born from this kind of union. In my experience, I have found that I was actually more appreciated for who I was by my Boriquen men, than I have ever been by African-American men. I think that Puerto Rican men are more in touch with the African ancestry that is a part of their heritage and culture. Don't let what you see on the streets deceive you.

Just my take on this

La Negra
Old 17th March 2002, 17:28

MuAh4YouBaby
Smile

Thanks everyone for your responses, I appreciate them all and have learned from them. Before I was a little afraid to give latin men a chance because of the extreme nationalism that they have. I think I was intimidated because by me being African American, theres really no way I can specify my roots to a specfic country in Africa. What I do know is that my great great great grandfather was in fact a slave owner, and forced his son (my great great grandfather) to mate with the slaves. (my great great grandmother, as well a her sisters (my great great aunts) I was told that I was Native American but I'm pretty sure thats a lie. Not an intentional lie, but black people call their great decendents Indian(they mean Native merican) when they see features of long wavy hair, lighter skin and lighter eyes. Those are simply mulattos. If you are african american, or in touch with african american culture you know that almost every african american proclaims to have "indian in them." It could be true, but in most cases it's not. We use the Native American excuse t deny the fact that our african american sisters were rapped by white men, and had children in result of that. But ANYWAYS, i digress... instead of being intimdated by puerto rican culture (as i know many african american women are) I am learning to embrace it and also become nationalistic of puerto rico. Because within it, lies my hidden african culture.
*!~MUAH~!*
*everywun continue to post i love hearing everyones views on this*
Old 17th April 2002, 12:40

Robinaphl
Black Women & Puerto Rican Men

Girl, don't sweat it...it will come. I grew up in Brooklyn, Bushwick, Greenpoint to be exact and grew up with Puerto Ricans most of my life. I used to think that the men don't like us black women and basically it is not true. I got along with both men and women...they were/are so much like us, I don't see a difference.

I can see how you can be enamored with Puerto Ricans, aren't they a beautiful people?

Anyhoo, fate stepped in and I met my beautiful Boriqua on the J train on my way to my aunts house 3 days after the WTC event. I was looking out the window at the plume of smoke feeling totally depressed and useless and heartbroken when across from me sat my green eyed man who smiled at me.

How long ago that seems! Now, he and his 2 children live with me here in Philadelphia and we are expecting our own and planning our marriage. He treats me like a queen...I feel beautiful and sexy all the time.

Like the other posters....look pass the race of the person. I was used to dating AA men, and decided to open my horizons and I have never been happier.

Good luck and many blessings on your search!
Old 25th April 2002, 09:38

princessamazon
Hi

Puerto Rican men do like black women. I am an African American/ Cuban woman and I love Puerto Rican men they are sexy and fun to be with. It is okay to date any one out side of your race as long as you feel good about it. If you feel the least bit worried about what other people are going to say, you really might want to reconsider going out with someone of another race. You should go on a date in the park or another public place and see how comfortable you feel with a Puerto Rican guy after the date you should know if dating outside of your race is for you.

Good Luck

Old 28th April 2002, 13:51

smoothbuttarican
Smile

GIRL, DON'T WORRY ABOUT A THING. I'M FROM SPANISH HARLEM TOO. I'M PUERTORICAN BUT MY MAN IS BLACK. MY GIRLFRIND HAS A PUERTORICAN MAN AND SHE IS ALRIGHT. GO FOR YOU. IF YOU ARE SINGLE GO AHEAD. PUERTORICAN MEN FROM PR ARE VERY DIFFERENT FROM THE NEWYORKRICANS. THE PRIDE IS THERE BUT THE AFRICAN AMERICAN INFLUENCE TOWARD US IS ALOT,MUSIC, CLOTHES,SLANG,HAIR STYLES. ALOT OF THINGS MAKE US ALIKE. THAT WE EAT RICE AND BEANS DON'T MEAN NOTHING CAUSE I EAT MY GREENS AND MACARONI N CHEESE TOO. WHAT PART OF SPANISH HARLEM YOU FROM? I'M IN NJ NOW BUT I'M FROM 108 AND MADISON WHAT UP?
Old 28th April 2002, 16:57

MuAh4YouBaby
Thanx mama for the advice, im at 116 and lex