Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Open Board > Open Board
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GRUPO MANIA

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29th November 1999, 08:05

BRENDABORICUA
I WANTED TO SHARE MY WEEKEND WITH EVERYONE IF THAT WAS OKAY, MORE LIKE MY SATURDAY...I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR WHAT HAPPENED THAT I'VE BEEN TELLING EVERYONE HERE AT WORK, BUT THE GRINGOS DON'T KNOW THESE MERENGUE BANDS, AND IT JUST ISN'T THE SAME. WELL SATURDAY THERE WAS A CONCERT HERE IN WASHINGTON DC AT THE CONVENTION CENTER. AND THERE WERE 10 BANDS PLAYING FULANITO, MALA FE, BANDA GORDA ORO SOLIDO, SANCOCHO, XANDRO Y SU PUNTO, AND SOME OTHERS I FORGOT THEIR NAMES..ANYWAYS WE REALLY WERE WAITING FOR GRUPO MANIA, THE ONLY P.RICAN BAND, ALL THE OTHERS WERE DOMINICAN ANYWAYS... WELL WE HAD OUR LITTLE PUERTO RICAN FLAGS AND WHENEVER A SINGER WOULD SAY PUERTO RICO ONLY LIKE 7 PEOPLE WOULD YELL OUT OF LIKE 7000 OR SO... WE MANAGED TO GET RIGHT UP ON THE STAGE ANYWAYS SO WHEN GRUPO MANIA CAME ON YOU KNOW WE WERE EXCITED THE WHOLE TIME THEY WERE WAVING AT US AND MY HUSBAND GAVE THEM HIS FLAG AND THEY KISSED IT AND WAVED IT...IT WAS FUN. WELL THEN AFTER THEY FINISHED WE GOT OUT OF THE CROWD CAUSE WE HAD BEEN STANDING THERE WAITING FOR LIKE 4 HOURS FOR THEM AND WE DECIDED TO LEAVE, SO WE GOT THE CAR AND DECIDED TO DRIVE AROUND TO SEE IF WE SAW THEM CAUSE WE HAD LEFT OUR CAMERAS IN THE CAR...WHAT DO YOU KNOW THEY CROSS THE STREET RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. AND MY HUSBAND HONKED THE HORN AND YELLED BORICUA. WELL OSCAR THE BALD ONE, RUNS TO OUR CAR IN THE MIDDLE OF A MAIN AVENUE IN DC AND HUGS MY HUSBAND THROUGH THE WINDOW SO THE BODY GAURDS THEN TAKE THEM INTO THE HOTEL ACROSS THE STREET AND WE DO A UTURN INTO THE HOTEL AND THE PROMOTER OR MANAGER WHO EVER IT WAS TOLD US TO COME IN. YO WE WERE TAKING PICTURES AND TALKING WITH THEM, THEY ARE SOME COOL PEOPLE, REAL DOWN TO EARTH. BUT IT WAS VERY MEMORABLE AND WE HAD SO MUCH FUN...ANYONE ELSE GO TO THE BOMBAZO 2000?? LET ME KNOW...BYE EVERYONE...BRENDA
Old 29th November 1999, 08:31

IDeJesus
BrendaBoricua:

It sounds like you had a real blast. Isn't it great when you admire people and they don't dissapoint you by behaving like fools.
Live the memory up and when you develop those pictures be sure to let us see them.

Take care

IDJ

[This message has been edited by IDeJesus (edited 29 November 1999).]

[This message has been edited by IDeJesus (edited 29 November 1999).]
Old 15th January 2000, 09:53

Kakan_Garcia
Send a message via ICQ to Kakan_Garcia
BERNDABORICUA...I ENVY YOU..I'M MEXICANO & I LOVE ALL THE GROUPS YOU MENTIONED.I CAN LISTEN TO MERENGUE MUSIC ALL DAY.I HAVE A ?.DID ELVIS CRESPO USE TO PLAY WITH GRUPO MANIA? MY SON TOLD ME HE WAS. THEY DO SOUND ALOT ALIKE.I TEACH TAE-BO & I USE ALL MERENGUE MUSIC FOR MY WORKOUT..IT IS ENERGIZING.MY CLASS LOVE IT..even though they don't know what is being said,they like it..I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIND OUT WHEN ONE OF THOSE GROUPS IS COMING TO THE DETROIT AREA,BUT NOBODY KNOW ANYTHING.(MAN U SAW FULANITO?) I CAN SEE WHY YOU WOULD BE SO EXCITED...THANKS 4 SHAREING YOU DAY WITH US...U LUCKY GIRL...QUE VIVA MI GENTE LATINA.