RPR the debt is something we should control but its over-blown for politic reasons. The GDP to debt ratio in our country is 59%. We have the highest debt in the world in dollars because we produce the most but in terms of GDP to debt ratio % we are below than Europe and Japan. If you make 5 billion a year and your investments/spending is 59% of your total income you are still in good shape. Let me put it to you this way, Europe and Japan will go first before the United States.
GDP to Debt Ratio
Japan is 226%
Italy is 119%
United Kingdom 77%
United States 59%
China is a different animal. Their totalitarian government manipulates their numbers and economy a lot and on the surface it looks good but is not. They control even the free press so nobody can really go to in to china and verify their numbers and I wont even go into their awful humans rights record and poor labor treatment and lack of basic rights. They are in deep trouble.
Last edited by MikeRavens; 29th April 2011 at 16:18.
anybody that wants a nice return in interest and invest in a steady system, steady and reliable currency and you don't have to worry that a totalitarian regime will take over your assets or manipulate the numbers.
as long as the U.S. can produce the largest GDP in the world and pay their interest anybody would invest/buy our debt.
are we?.........tell me of any country that has a smaller debt than the United States that you would want to work, live and invest in?
These countries have a lower debt than the U.S..........are we really that screwed?
46 El Salvador
59 United Arab Emirates
61 Costa Rica
63 Dominican Republic
75 Bosnia and Herzegovina
76 Czech Republic
87 South Africa
92 Papua New Guinea
93 Trinidad and Tobago
97 New Zealand
101 Korea, South
— Hong Kong
112 Saudi Arabia
— Wallis and Futuna
126 Oman 127 Equatorial Guinea
United States GDP Growth Rate
The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the United States expanded 1.8 percent in the first quarter of 2011 over the previous quarter. From 1947 until 2010 The United States' average quarterly GDP Growth was 3.30 percent reaching an historical high of 17.20 percent in March of 1950 and a record low of -10.40 percent in March of 1958. The economy of the United States is the largest in the world. The United States is a market-oriented economy where private individuals and business firms make most of the decisions. The federal and state governments buy needed goods and services predominantly in the private marketplace. This page includes: United States GDP Growth Rate chart, historical data and news.
United States GDP Growth Rate
When the Chinese workers wakes up and demand rights and allow to form unions and demand decent wages and benefits then we shall see how strong and stable that mirage Chinese economy is.
Explotar a millones de gente en los trabajos por una miseria de paga y nada de beneficios con un gobierno totalitario es un mamey.....claro que el gobierno centralizado de China se va a beneficiar de eso.
La pregunta es si China lo puede sostener las mismas tacticas para siempre o las cosas van a explotar cuando los chinos demanden salarios decentes, derechos laborales y vacaciones y un retiro decente como los demas paises avanzados como en EEUU, Europa y Japon.
Ese es la razon que el gobierno totalitario de China puede manipular su economia con la mano dura a su propia gente...........regresa en 10 anos y hablaremos de china.
I couldn't answer all of your conspiracy theories in just one or two posts.........but where do you get your BOOGIE MAN METE CUCO theories data ?
1) China will invade and occupy the westcoast of the U.S.?????? how? with what?.......did you forgot that the United States has a bigger Navy and Air Force than China and over 10 times the nuclear warheads than China?
2) When have 2 countries with nuclear warheads have invaded each other?.......better yet when have a country invaded another country with superior armed Forces and 12 to 1 ratio of nuclear warheads?...you are confusing the Chinese with the extremists arabs radical groups......China is not into suicide missions to watch their country get nuked by a superior military power.
3) Why would China want to invade the United States, if the U.S are their #1 buyers that keeps their economy going?......I really dont get your conspiracy theories that China will invade the U.S.
4) Where do you get that WE (WHO IS WE?) are going to be sold off to another country....last time I look slavery was against the constitution and every international law......
5) 9/11 was a terrorist attack just like the Oklahoma city bombing and other terrorists attacks around the world. Now you know what Israel lives with everyday.. Yes it was a shocker, so was Pearl Harbor and the Civil War and natural disasters and that didn't destroy the United States..............I dont know what does 9/11 has to do with China invading us and our government selling us to another country but I guess you will connect those dots.
I say you worry too much....enjoy whatever time you have on this earth, it will still be here way after we are gone. You are the few lucky ones that had the opportunity to live in the United States compare to other countries that are not that lucky.....
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|