LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 5th July 2011, 13:50

RPR is on a distinguished road
Not Guilty

[quote]Casey Anthony Trial: Not Guilty Murder Verdict

- / +

Page 2 of 2
ORLANDO, Fla. July 5, 2011

The defense argued that Caylee drowned in the family pool and her body was found by George Anthony, who then helped dispose of Caylee's body. The lawyer contended that George Anthony used his experience as a former police detective to deflect any suspicion away from himself and on to his daughter.

An alleged mistress of George Anthony testified that he described Caylee's disappeareance as an "accident that snowballed out of control." George Anthony denied having an affair with the woman.

A raw George Anthony sobbed about attempting to take his own life in January 2009, weeks after Caylee's remains were discovered. The prosecution attempted to show that it proved George Anthony had nothing to do with his granddaugther's death. The defense used it as proof of the extent of George Anthony's selfishness.

Baez also attempted to inject doubt into the reliability of the evidence on Caylee's body by accusing meter reader Roy Kronk, who found it, of being a "morally bankrupt" person who moved the body and placed it near the Anthony home so he could collect the reward.

When Kronk testified, he told the court he called police several times about what he saw before they succeeded in finding Caylee's skeletal remains.

The testimony wasn't the only thing to shock the courtroom. Verbal sparring between Baez and prosecutor Ashton led to threats by Judge Perry of expulsion from the court and lengthy sidebars.
Old 5th July 2011, 14:05

Mousie is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Unbelievable. My heart dropped when I heard about the not guilty verdict. Terrible. RIP Caylee
Old 5th July 2011, 14:19

RPR is on a distinguished road
I was shocked too. I though she would get convicted thanks to the media circus who already had convicted her before even getting a trial.

The evidence was just not there for a conviction.
Old 5th July 2011, 14:25

The jury hardly deliberated though. I thought all those search engine searches she was doing for chloroform and neck breaking would be good enough. Ugh, so frustrating!
Old 5th July 2011, 18:55
Quarantined User

MikeRavens is on a distinguished road
Im not surprised at all...it was a weak case to start with. The absence of a cause and time of death was the key. The state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she killed her daughter to party like the prosecution alleged....which they failed to convince a jury of 12.

The tragedy of all this is I have to watch that biatch of Nancy Grace do a 6 month marathon in how a cold blooded killer got away...or until the next case comes along and she wants to be a cop, expert, judge and jury on tv.
Old 6th July 2011, 10:36
Quarantined User

MikeRavens is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
The jury hardly deliberated though. I thought all those search engine searches she was doing for chloroform and neck breaking would be good enough. Ugh, so frustrating!

really? you wanted to giver her the DEATH PENALTY based on that?.......Good Lord, thank God you weren't part of the jury.

There is a difference between TRIAL LAW and TV JUNK LAW and bad science that you based your opinion from.

What is so scary about this is that the government can charge anybody with the DEATH PENALTY with that lack of evidence when nobody knows how and when the victim died. Thank God for juries and our system of law because in other countries she would have been stone to death or shot not on the evidence but her character and way of life.
Old 7th July 2011, 19:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRavens View Post
really? you wanted to giver her the DEATH PENALTY based on that?.......Good Lord, thank God you weren't part of the jury.

There is a difference between TRIAL LAW and TV JUNK LAW and bad science that you based your opinion from.

What is so scary about this is that the government can charge anybody with the DEATH PENALTY with that lack of evidence when nobody knows how and when the victim died. Thank God for juries and our system of law because in other countries she would have been stone to death or shot not on the evidence but her character and way of life.
Calm down tiger lol. I didn't say anything about the death penalty, but she should have at the very least been found guilty for child endangerment.