Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Open Board > Open Board
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

HypnoG7@AOL.com This is his Address.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20th July 1999, 11:57

Brenda
To my previous topic this is his address. I found it very offensive to our people and we need to let him know. I have already emailed him letting him know that I did not appreciate his comments as a Professional,Puerto Rican,Woman.

------------------
Mamichula
Old 21st July 1999, 22:24

J_Vargas
Hi Brenda: Do we really want to get on this kids case. You know he has no idea what he said. Funny you, I was reading from the guest book and I had to laugh. A lot of people got really mad. It took a kid to upset many of us. When I grew up in NYC, worst things were said by adult and we took in the chest or we got into a fight. This kid he needs to be taught a lesson! Right? Then kill him with kindness and not respond like he wants us to. Just be proud of who you are. When I went to live in PR I was called a gringo! That really upset me. It seemed that even in my own country had a form of racism even for they're own kind. If you were black or NY Rican or a puerto rican from the mainland, they seemed to dislike you. I speak from experience not from stories told to me. But in the end I adjusted. The comments didn't to bother me anymore. Why? Because of ignorance! What is ignorance? They don't know. They have no fact or foundation. They don't understand.
But we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We know better.

[This message has been edited by J.Vargas (edited 21 July 1999).]
Old 22nd July 1999, 06:43

Brenda
Good Morning J.Vargas.
First I didn't even think that it could have been a young kid writting this. Secondly, what bothered me was the fact that he would have the nerve to write this into our site. That is not the point of this site. You know what I mean?

As far as being discriminated, been there done that too. I am Puerto Rican 100% and proud of mine. But some people see me and think that I am Italian or Greek or everything but for what I am. I use it to my advantage when I have to. Never do I denie who I am. It used to bother me as well,but like you, I adjusted.

You sound really kool. Keep in touch.

------------------
Mamichula

Old 22nd July 1999, 07:55

princesita
I am in the middle because a side of me says that it shouldn't bother me but he did want some type of attention since he did come on our site and say that stupidness. But I agree Mr. Vargas... Kill them with kindness .
Old 22nd July 1999, 13:06

STAR_ESCOBAR
WHEN I POSTED MY REPLY ABOUT MIKE GOLNER I DIDN'T WRITE TO HIS E-MAIL ADDRESS. I JUST SIMPLY STATED MY OPINION ON THE BOARD SO THAT IF HE FELT THE NEEED TO COME BACK TO IT IT WAS THERE. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH WHAT I WROTE. IGNORANCE IS STOPPED WITH KNOWLEDGE, SO I DROPPED SOME KNOWLEDGE TO THE POOR BOY.
IT'S OBVIOUS HE'S THREATENED BY OUR STRENGTH
AND AS FAR AS OUR OWN PEOPLE JUDGING US, WELL
I TO HAVE GONE TROUGH IT. I WAS ALWAYS TOLD I LOOKED LIKE A GRINGA CAUSE I HAVE LITE BROWN HAIR, GREEN EYES, & LIGHT SKIN ( I JUST CONSIDER MYSELF YELLOW) I WENT BACK TO PR TO LIVE & WENT TO SCHOOL THERE FOR SOME TIME & I WENT THROUGH IT ALL ASWELL. AGAIN I JUST DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM EXPRESSING MYSELF TO ANYONE. HE WANTED TO STATE HIS OPINION, HE DID, & WE DIDN'T SAY HE COULDN'T. WE JUST STATED OUR OPINION THE WAY MR.J.VARGAS HAS & EVERYONE ELSE. IGNORANCE FROM OTHERS ONLY MAKES ME LAUGH, I KNOW WHAT WE ARE ALL CAPABLE OF, WE CONSTANTLY PROVE IT!!
PEACE-PEACE!!

------------------
STAR ESCOBAR:
THE SHINING STAR OF THE
CARIBBEAN!
Old 22nd July 1999, 22:12

J_Vargas
Hi everybody!!!!

To some good morning to others good evening. I am very impressed with the togetherness of the people on this site. There have been some tough issues brought out on our site, Now if we could all really come together, we would be some tough individuals to deal with. I have been going at it alone for quite some time now. What I mean by that is this. In Hawaii there is a small group of hispanics. Maybe once a year they get together for a big party. Other than that everyone has thier own life to live. On a day to day basis I hardly speak to anyone who is spanish. But that doen't mean I don't keep in touch. I am proud to be a boriqueno,puerto riqueno, ny rican ect. That is who I am and that is how will go to my grave. In this state I represent my people with pride. I love my latin music and some hawaiian too. I have to state this. I have encountered more boriquena on this site than I have in the 20 years!!!!!!! As far as that kid is concern. IN HAWAII THEY HAVE THIS WORD CALLED BACHI. IT MEANS THIS: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY OR DO TO OTHERS, BECAUSE THE SAME WILL HAPPEN TO YOU. You know I believe in that!! HypnoG7 careful what you say and do to hurt other or you will get bachi (Curse). Good night mi gente! God bless you. Brenda I like your style girl.
Old 23rd July 1999, 20:09

JackieF
Hola mi gente!!
As well as J.Vargas I am IMPRESSED at the togetherness, Got'a Love it!
As for that person that wrote the E-mail I checked, is a GIRL, believe it or not.
I dropped her a little letter, nothing mean, just a note of kindness. I live in Idaho and have to put up with racism on a daily basis, a lot of "KKK" people live here, even though I am white, they don't just target blacks, more like anyone who is not pure American. I've had notes left on my windshield telling me that they need to protect their childrens pureness from blacks and hispanics. My husband is american I am Puertorrican, my children are mixed, that scares me. I can only hope some day we can all live as one race "HUMANS"