Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Open Board > Open Board
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping in Touch

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13th August 1999, 18:38

J_Vargas
I sure there are some of us that have experience this before. Being out of touch with our people!! Not on purpose, just the area we live in don't have a spanish community, grocery store, T.V. station in spanish,Radio station once a week. I'm referring to totally no latin people to talk to. Suddenly you start to forget the language
because there is no one to talk to. Whose been through this!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13th August 1999, 23:04

dioclecianoayala
I lived in TAMPA,FL.about 20 years ago,the PUERTO RICAN community was very small, no T.V.program in spanish or radio(Puertorican) most of the few spanish programs were for the CUBANS.so I didn't like it then.But now is different in Tampa,I went last year to visit my cousin and there are lots of P.R.s and is a whole lot better now.
Old 14th August 1999, 08:19

Eda
I live In California, Mostly Mexicans live out here. For the Longest it was Tortillas, tacos, burritos, the stations were all mexican. NOW we are having our lil spanish stores mostly Cuban and Puerto Rican Spices that are imported to our community. The stores are not that easy to find because theres not many. On Saturday nights From 7 to 10 one spanish station plays Salsa. Theres a couple of Puerto Rican Restaurants but just a few that I know of. Its sad. But now look at it!! There's so many people that I know that want to learn how to dance Salsa, cumbia, etc etc, Its really big out here. Makes me proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14th August 1999, 09:18

guayama

J. Vargas,

I was reading your message this morning and I realized how important technology is. This is a great way to keep in touch with our culture, our people and to support each other
anytime, sharing our personal opinions, learning from each other, como dicen en Puerto Rico en las buenas y las malas como una familia que somos. The internet provide the opportunity for the Future,and it is just the begining.

Oh by the way you can listen music, see videos on the Internet in you own language and soon you can view the person that you are talking with (It is call video Conferencing, Virtual Circuit)and it is available now, you need a Multimedia Computer and small camera attach to the computer, on year 2000 will be the explosion on this business. I work for Motorola, Internet and Network Solution Group and this is what a I do (Looking at the Future)but I live in the present if you need me I am here.

my email address: jose@dma.isg.mot.com

Attention Eda/CaliRican estas caliente conmigo.

Hasta luego Amigos

Jose
Massachusetts.