Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Religion & Philosophy > Philosophy
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True genius is....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12th December 2001, 14:17

Truthangel
Original thought which is profound enough to move the greatest intellects, but practical enough to be applied to the common man's daily life.

It's always very impressive to hear people quote the likes of Sun Tsu, Thurough or Nietsche, but what impresses me most are those who have learned from their own experiences and utilize the moment to be the teacher and educate any and all who are looking for new areas of thought and reason.

What is your definition of true genius?

[Edited by Truthangel on 12th December 2001 at 20:41]
Old 13th December 2001, 00:34

boricuafrican
Cool the genius...

your first statement nails it on the head to me, it's the idea (or person) that can master that "balance" between the extremities...the idea that can be so "smart" that the dumb can understand it, so logical that it seems so complex, so complex that it seems so logical, so "off-topic" that it hits it on the head...and so on, and so on, and so on...because if the idea (or person) were too "intelligent", then it/they would seem "unintelligent" to half the people...
Old 13th December 2001, 10:34

Truthangel
Re: the genius...

Quote:
Originally posted by boricuafrican
your first statement nails it on the head to me, it's the idea (or person) that can master that "balance" between the extremities...the idea that can be so "smart" that the dumb can understand it, so logical that it seems so complex, so complex that it seems so logical, so "off-topic" that it hits it on the head...and so on, and so on, and so on...because if the idea (or person) were too "intelligent", then it/they would seem "unintelligent" to half the people...
Very well spoken Boricua:

One of my pet peeves are those who obviously have acute intelligence, but choose to isolate themselves amongst those who are like themselves instead of truly utilizing such grand opportunities life presents us and educate others.

It's wonderful that such people can give extended presentations or dissertations about a particular theory or convey a thesus statement about what was meant by a great writer, philosopher or other notable individual, but when truly analyzed; it's all in vain because only they or a select few can understand it, thusly, the true profoundness of the teaching will be lost. Why? because instead of exploring the unknown and demonstrating such theories to witness firsthand if they are true when applied; one would be denied this experience and the redound of such vain articulation is then reduced to being just a concept.

You feel me?