Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Society > Politics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Que seria Puerto Rico sin las Agencias Federales?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th October 1999, 18:26

a_carleone
Es preciso ver a los puertorriqueños en una emergencia pendiente al avión caza huracanes del Gobierno de Estados Unidos, cuando hay una tormenta cerca para ver los boletínes. Cuando ocurre lo peor y el viento te lleva el techo, van en fila a buscar ayuda de FEMA y los billetes verdes. Tanto los estadistas, colonialistas y independentistas hacen la filita para aprovecharse de las ayudas americanas. Los llamados patriotas no se escuchan por ningun lado, porque ese 2% son los primeros que buscan los toldos azules.

Recuerdo que los pueblos del este de Puerto Rico se cayeron puentes durante el paso del huracan Georges y el U.S.Army y la Marina fueron los primeros en prestar ayuda con equipos. Nadie se queja cuando de ayudas se trata y los muy patriotas doblan las piernas y sacan el pote pidiendo de todo lo que puedan obtener de las Agencias Federales. God Bless America!!!

[This message has been edited by a.carleone (edited 19 October 1999).]

[This message has been edited by a.carleone (edited 19 October 1999).]
Old 20th October 1999, 10:15

F_D_B
The US government agencies help PR to preserve their own interests both financial and military. They do not help because they care about the people living there. The US helps other countries in need more than they do their own residents so that they can show that they are THE WORLD POWER. Don't get me wrong the US has a great model for government, agencies in most cases are well run. However, please do not think that they cannot work just as effectively when they are created under a self governing Puerto Rico.

What you do not seem to understand is that we do not view the US as the enemy. The US should be to us what they are to every other independent nation, a government that we can negotiate with for the good of both parties involved. They should not be a power that imposes their will upon us.
Old 21st October 1999, 15:13

IDeJesus
ACarleone:

Tu preguntas "que seria PR sin las agencias federales?

Respuesta = Autonomo, Libre, Autosuficiente.

------------------
Que Viva Puerto Rico Libre.
Old 25th October 1999, 18:22

ABEJORRO
NO IDEJESUS:

PUERTO RICO WOULD BE IN TOTAL "KAOS" AND WITHOUT NO FREEDOM/ QUALITY OF LIFE/ QUALITY OF FOOD-WATER/ LIBERTY OF SPEACH-TRAVEL/ THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM WOULD COLLAPSE/ AND LIKE CUBA-RUSSIA>I HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE A PRETTY GIRL FRIEND BECAUSE SHE WOULD BE UP FOR GRABS FOR THE POWERFULL/ NO FUTURE/ A DESERT ISLAND/ THE FIRST HUMAN BRIDGE TOWARDS MIAMI/ NEED I SAY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 26th October 1999, 07:34

IDeJesus
ABEJORRO:

"CHAOS" not "KAOS". "Without any" - - not
"WITHOUT NO" as you wrote ( that's using a double negative - which implies a positive).
Here we are discussing becoming a State, when some of us can't even write the English language correctly.

Get my drift ABEJORRO aka BEECHO.
Old 26th October 1999, 11:06

ABEJORRO
Excuse my incorrect English, I tend to speak poorly when aggitated by superficial idiocracy about a subject that you obviously know nothing about. So if you are in an intelligence war, you've come to the right person. Because it is ludicrous to actually believe that people think in the same way that you do. But mark my words, you had better hope and pray that Puerto Rico does not succumb to your desires, because your provincial attitude about what will happen if it does will soon show you to be imbicile with no perception of reality. So if being a impecunious beggar is your idea of paradise, then more power to you Don Quijote, oh excuse me, your aka is Sancho Panza! I only have one word to leave you sheep with... BAAA!
Old 26th October 1999, 11:46

IDeJesus
Baaah, baaah. Por favor no ofendamos al reino animal. Mi ego no es suficientemente grande. Yo no pretendo jamas ser tan sabia como los animales.

En Puerto Rico decimos que el que se pica es porque aji come. Parece que comes aji.

Abejorro, yo no creo que todos piensan como yo, ni tampoco estoy tratando de convenzer
a nadie. Cada cual con su ideologia. Este foro es para que expongamos nuestros ideales y creencias politicas etc. Tu expones tus ideas y yo las mias. En ningun lugar dice que tenemos que estar de acuerdo.

So let's agree to disagree. Sorry that I struck a chord.