Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Society > Politics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The American's Creed

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15th October 1999, 22:21

a_carleone
Nuestra Nación es los Estados Unidos de América y nuestra Patria es Puerto Rico.

******* The American's Creed ************

"I believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my Country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws; to respect its flag, and to defend it againest all enemies."

[This message has been edited by a.carleone (edited 16 October 1999).]
Old 18th October 1999, 13:27

IDeJesus
Carleone:

Beautiful in theory...
But don't you think that every country should enjoy the same opportunity to develop as a free, democratic, sovereignty.
That's all I want for PR. I dont want PR to be communist. I want it to be free to decide; which countries it trades with, who governs it, what language it speaks, etc.
I believe that it can do this and still maintain a diplomatic and mutually beneficial economic relationship with the US and other superpowers. Unlike what many on this site have stated, PR will never be like Central & South America. Our Geographical and Educational realities differ too greatly from the experience of our brothers & sisters to the south. PR is geographically smaller but demographically speaking much better educated. I believe that our lack of entrepreneurial spirit is the result of 500 years of colonization and not the result of some inherent inability to establish and lead commerce successfully.

What do you think?
Old 18th October 1999, 22:36

SaudadePR
Lo siento mucho, pero estoy 100% en desacuerdo con a.carleone.

Nuestra Nación es Puerto Rico. Punto.
Estados Unidos es el país que invadió a Puerto Rico en 1898 y lo mantiene como territorio no incorporado. Punto.

Esa es la realidad. Por eso ni me interesará aprenderme el "American Creed" ese. Eso no pertenece a un grupo de discusión sobre Puerto Rico. Puedes ir al de EU y tratar allí.

SaudadePR
Viva Puerto Rico Libre.
Old 19th October 1999, 07:41

IDeJesus
SaudadePR:

Quien eres? Sino te conozco. Te quiero conocer. Lei por ahi que eres caricaturista en PR. Conoces a Paco Lopez?
(Las Alas del Mucaro etc.) Te puedes dirigir directamente a mi correo electronico;
Isabel.DeJesus@db.com

------------------
Que Viva Puerto Rico Libre.
Old 19th October 1999, 18:45

a_carleone
Me siento orgulloso que algunos independentistas prefieran hablar en ingles, creo que estan practicando cuando venga el Estado 51. Yo como estadista me gusta formentar el español y el inglés, porque este último va a tono con mis principios ideológico. Y ustedes?

Que viva Puerto Rico Estado 51!!!
Old 5th December 1999, 18:47

EL_BORICUA
THE AMERICAN CREED ARE TRULY BEAUTIFUL WORDS
BUT THEY ARE NOT TRUE FOR EVERYONE,CARLEONE
REMEMBER THESE WORDS?"THAT ALL MEN WERE CREATED EQUAL..."THESE WORDS WERE WRITTEN BY THOMAS JEFFERSON IN THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE,ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DOCUMENT,
THE PROBLEM IS THAT THIS WAS WRITTEN WHEN
WHAT I THINK WAS A THIRD OF THE POPULATION
WAS ENSLAVED
Old 8th December 1999, 14:07

guarionex05
MIRA SUPER IDIOTA Y TU CREES QUE EN PUERTO RICO TRATAN A TODO EL MUNDO IGUAL? SIENDO TODOS ALLA PUERTORIQUEÑOS SIEMPRE AHY UN GRUPITO QUE QUIERE SER MEJOR.Y SI GANARAN LOS INDEPENDENTISTA LAS ELECCIONES Y FUERA LA ISLA UNA INDEPENDENCIA(SOLAMENTE UN SUEÑO IMPOSIBLE)ENTONCES DISCRIMINARIAN CONTRA LOS ESTADISTAS O CUALQUIERA QUE SE OPONGA AL GOBIERNO.