Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Society > Politics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PR 51

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18th February 2000, 13:22

CnstrGuy
The reality is that Puerto Rico is already a state in every way, except of course officially. Considering that 98 percent of Puerto Ricans want to remain part of the USA, Independence is an option that we simply do not want. Regardless of what the 2 percent indepndistas say. Common Wealth worked for many years. But all it does now is hold us back and keeps us in limbo.
Old 18th February 2000, 16:48

Carlos_Marrero
Commonwealth is what has allowed our people to think and to talk about its options. Without it, you'd be living in an American ghetto with Northerners running the show that should be yours. They could've simply taken us, like Hawaii or Alaska or most of Native North America. Just take their **** and find a way to keep them quiet and content. That is what they intended, but the climate of the international community did not allow it, and Commonwealth was born.

What kind of fool gives away self-governance for membership in a club that doesn't want him, and surely will find ways to simply ignore him and go about its business unaffected by his presence? The docile, Puerto Rican fool.
Old 22nd February 2000, 07:23

CnstrGuy
No one is disputing the fact that Common Welath was helpful and allowed P.R. to thrive. However, the reality is that Common Wealth has outlived it's puprose. It only holds us back now and keeps us in limob. As far as your referring the "docile" Puerto Rican. The only ones that can be best defined as "docile" are the handful that want indepedence. 98 percent of Puerto Ricans have alraady made it clear what they want. And that is to remain Americans.
Old 22nd February 2000, 10:06

EL_BORICUA
IT IS TRULY A SHAME THAT SO MANY BORICUAS
WANT TO GIVE UP THEIR BIRTHRIGHT AND BECOME
"AMERICANS"WHATS FUNNY IS THAT THEY WILL NEVER BE CONSIDERED AMERICAN AMONG AMERICANS
YET THEY CONTINUE TO HUMBLE THEMSELVES STATING "I AM A GOOD AMERICAN BOSS,I KNOW MY
PLACE"LIKE LEMMINGS GOING OVER THE CLIFF THEY
ARE FOLLOWERS,PROGRAMED TO THINK OF THEMSELVES INFERIOR THAT PUERTO RICANS CANT GOVERN THEMSELVES,AND THEY ARE LEAD BY CORRUPT GOV.ROSELLO,AND THE HEAD VENDEPATRIA
CARLOS ROMERO BARCELO WHO,LIKE MONICA LEWINSKY,SPENDS HIS TIME ON HIS KNEES BEFORE
CLINTON,IT IS TIME TO STEP OUT ON OUR OWN,
OUR DESTINY IS OURS NOT THEIRS,LETS GROW UP
IT TIME TO LEAVE HOME,AND LIVE ON OUR OWN
NOT KEEP BEGGING FOR HANDOUTS AND WAITING FOR A STATEHOOD THAT WILL NEVER COME,THE U.S.
GOVERNMENT DOES NOT WANT A "QUEBEC" OR A
"NORTHERN IRELAND" IN THE U.S.A.
Old 22nd February 2000, 14:18

CnstrGuy
El Boricua, in your reply you said that you felt it was a shame that so many boricuas want to give up their birthright and become "Americans". What birthright? We were all born Americans. We are already Amercians. This misconception that we are not considered Americans is pure garbage. No one is humbling themseleves here at all. The reality and fact here is that we were all born Americnas. Again no one is disputing the fact the Puerto Rico can survive if we were independent. Of course we would survive. But that's not the point here. The point here is that we do not want independnece. We want to remain part of the USA. We will never be another Quebec or Northern Ireland. We need to all come togther and finally decide between the only two viable options. Statehood or Independence. As long as Common Wealth is an option we will always remain one, and by doing so we will remain in limbo. Common Wealth suited it's purpose long ago. If the choices were Statehood or Independence there would be a landslide for statehood.
Old 22nd February 2000, 14:22

CnstrGuy
Independistas share the same traits. You guys try to confuse the issue by making such comments like "they do not want us", etc. This is nonsense. We need to decide for oursleves first before anything will happen. I think you guys are running scared. So instead of respecting the will of the people, you will find excuses for not excepting the people's choice. That's truly a shame.
Old 22nd February 2000, 16:18

EL_BORICUA
MI AMIGO,PLEASE GET IT STRAIGHT IT IS ROSELLO
WHO DOES NOT RESPECT THE WISHES OF THE MAJORITY,IN ALL THE PLEBECITES THE PEOPLE
HAVE REJECTED STATEHOOD BUT HE CONTINUES TO
WASTE MONEY ON MORE AND MORE PLEBECITES.
DID YOU KNOW THAT PUERTO RICO ONCE ASKED TO BE ADMITTED TO THE UNION AND WAS REJECTED
STUDY YOUR HISTORY,HOW DO YOU KNOW IT WILL NOT BECOME A QUEBEC OR NORTHERN IRELAND CAN
YOU SEE INTO THE FUTURE,I GO BY OUR PAST
THERE HAVE BEEN NATIONALIST WHO HAVE TAKEN
A VIOLENT ROUTE,I DONT SEE THAT CHANGING
AS FOR NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNDER STATEHOOD
PLEASE CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING SITE: WWW.US-ENGLISH.ORG/FOUNDATION/PRISSUE.HTM
AND TO END THIS I AM A U.S.CITIZEN I AM NOT
AN "AMERICANO" NEVER WILL BE.