Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Society > Politics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Puerto Rico Colonia

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17th February 2011, 17:18

Ricardo I is on a distinguished road
Puerto Rico Colonia

Finalmente el Congreso de EEUU se ha enterado publicamente, que Puerto Rico es una colonia, y lo que parece inusual, por uno de sus miembros. Luis Gutierrez tildó a Puerto Rico de ser una colonia de EEUU. Lo que falta ahora es que Rafael Hernández Colón y el Senador Alejandro Garcia Padilla se unan a Gutierrez para lograr la descolonización de Puerto Rico. ¡Que así sea!
Old 17th February 2011, 21:04
Quarantined User

MikeRavens is on a distinguished road
wow! it took Guiterrez to unmasked that colony hidden for over 110 years?.....amazing.

Maybe Guiterrez should uncover his own 4th district in chicago the one he "represents"......the one full of Boricuas and Mexicas that is getting worse and worse while Guitierez gets richer and richer.
Old 18th February 2011, 08:03

Sonambulo is on a distinguished road
When Gutierrez Speaks

The people barf; Luis Guitierrez is a nice guy, he is personable and can tell a good joke; but I dont know what this guy brings to the Puerto Rican table. [Although I note that he does get his share of pork for his district]. While he has a right to criticize who ever he wants, he should keep out of Puerto Rican politics; he does not live there and is out of line with his criticisms about the police in Puerto Rico and the situation at the University of Puerto Rico. Students enrolled there pay $51 per credit and 3/4 of the students get all or a large part of their bills paid off completely or almost completely with Pell grants or low interest loans. Now a small bunch of leftist liberals want to burn the university down because of an $800 student fee brought on by a $200 million dollar short fall in the budget. Somewhat sympathetic to their cause I remain but those who want to pick up rocks and hurl them at the police are going to get an azzzz whoppin by the Police. The damage the students have done at the university is going to have a lifelong negative effect on many of them..
Old 22nd February 2011, 08:07

Radrook
When it comes to benefits and money PRs can get very mad. What they have difficulty getting mad about are such non-material benefits such as liberty and self determination. That's where the laziness and who gives a damn as long as I am getting benifits atittude kicks in. This of course is covered by a thin veneer about feeling proud of being Americans and of being Puerto Ricans. I really wonder what would happen if the USA became suddenly a third world nation and Spain became as rich as the usa is today and offered Puerto Ricans all the benefits they now enjoy albeit under Spaniard rule. Can you really imagine Puerto Ricans turning that opportunity down because they would still be proud of being Americans? I can't.
Old 23rd February 2011, 04:36
Quarantined User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
When it comes to benefits and money PRs can get very mad. What they have difficulty getting mad about are such non-material benefits such as liberty and self determination. That's where the laziness and who gives a damn as long as I am getting benifits atittude kicks in. This of course is covered by a thin veneer about feeling proud of being Americans and of being Puerto Ricans. I really wonder what would happen if the USA became suddenly a third world nation and Spain became as rich as the usa is today and offered Puerto Ricans all the benefits they now enjoy albeit under Spaniard rule. Can you really imagine Puerto Ricans turning that opportunity down because they would still be proud of being Americans? I can't.

define liberty????? im Puerto Rican with U.S. CITIZENSHIP and Im free and have liberties......tell what a Cuban, Mexican, Colombian, Venezuelan have that I dont have.....tell me why are their lives better than Puerto Ricans?

what do you have to sell to Puerto Ricans apart from you "liberty" "self determination" speech that really dont put food on the table and dont pay for your education and opportunities?

Radrook, you are a product of that free education and government help that you now criticize........it was good enough for you but obviously its awful now.

damn if the United States do and damn if they don't.......you are always going to complain about the U.S.A no matter what they do.

Ensucias el agua para despues bebertela.
Old 23rd February 2011, 11:43

Radrook
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRavens View Post
define liberty????? im Puerto Rican with U.S. CITIZENSHIP and Im free and have liberties......tell what a Cuban, Mexican, Colombian, Venezuelan have that I dont have.....tell me why are their lives better than Puerto Ricans?

what do you have to sell to Puerto Ricans apart from you "liberty" "self determination" speech that really dont put food on the table and dont pay for your education and opportunities?

Radrook, you are a product of that free education and government help that you now criticize........it was good enough for you but obviously its awful now.

damn if the United States do and damn if they don't.......you are always going to complain about the U.S.A no matter what they do.

Ensucias el agua para despues bebertela.

You keep constantly quacking about how I drink water that I foul without knowing who I am and what I experienced as a consequence of the USA invasion. I was taken from the island, dumped in the USA racist Ghetto in NY without knowing English, fell hopelessly behind in the elementary school because I was not provided with proper English tutoring, was severely discriminated by its teachers in the most indecent of ways to the point of endangering my life and health . All because of your precious water? I'm not going to tell you what you can do with your precious water. I'll leave that up to your very fertile imagination. As to your inability to define and understand or your inability to appreciate the meaning of such basic human rights as freedom or self determination that is your problem and a problem that you and only you alone have to carry around. However, others don't..

BTW
The ones who put food on my table were my parentswho worked themselves to death for the meager wages that a captalist system paid them in order to rake in indecent profit. Me? I've worked all my life and my taxes in order to help fund unjustifiable military invasions and foreign aid to countries such as North Korea which hates our guts. So I owe NOTHING.

So spare me the constant quacking about dirtying water and lack of appreciation. Save that for other Boricuas like you who sell their country for a loaf of bread and an approving pat on the head by your racist anglo masters.
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:01
Quarantined User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
You keep constantly quacking about how I drink water that I foul without knowing who I am and what I experienced as a consequence of the USA invasion. I was taken from the island, dumped in the USA racist Ghetto in NY without knowing English, fell hopelessly behind in the elementary school because I was not provided with proper English tutoring, was severely discriminated by its teachers in the most indecent of ways to the point of endangering my life and health . All because of your precious water? I'm not going to tell you what you can do with your precious water. I'll leave that up to your very fertile imagination. As to your inability to define and understand or your inability to appreciate the meaning of such basic human rights as freedom or self determination that is your problem and a problem that you and only you alone have to carry around. However, others don't..

BTW
The ones who put food on my table were my parentswho worked themselves to death for the meager wages that a captalist system paid them in order to rake in indecent profit. Me? I've worked all my life and my taxes in order to help fund unjustifiable military invasions and foreign aid to countries such as North Korea which hates our guts. So I owe NOTHING.

So spare me the constant quacking about dirtying water and lack of appreciation. Save that for other Boricuas like you who sell their country for a loaf of bread and an approving pat on the head by your racist anglo masters.

you have some serious issues:

1) The American/ Spanish war ended in 1898. That was over 113 years ago. You were FORCED to leave Puerto Rico to live in a ghetto???? how so??? that was your parents choice, you should take your personal problems with them and not blame the whole nation.

2) Amazing, you were living the great life in Puerto Rico with the finest private school education, big house, great jobs and your parents all of the sudden move you by "force" to the states to live in the ghettos and go to bad schools so they can work to death in the capitalist system that you hate......that makes as much sense as tits on a bull.

3) Your parents could have move to any latin republic or even cuba if you hate capitalism but they picked a ghetto......again, you should take your anger and frustrations with your parents not the whole nation....it was their choice and choices are never forced upon.....they could have stayed in Puerto Rico, move to any of the 50 states and hundreds of cities that dont have ghettos or go to any of the latin countries.

4) Your taxes goes for so much more than military invasions.......they go to roads, highways, firemen, policemen, public schools, public universities, pell grants, hospitals, social security, medicaid, social services and all the milk and honey that you and your parents were a product of.

ensucias el agua para despues bebertela.

5) Without the aid the U.S.A and China gives to North Korea, millions of Koreans would be starving to death......but i guess you wouldnt give a shiat about that since you speak for all koreans and according to you they all hate our guts.....amazing how you could speak for a whole nation of people that you have never met or never have gone to that country.

by the way, i never sold my country.......it was never a country, it has always been a territory of Spain and the United States.....I was born in Puerto Rico, U.S.A ....with U.S. citizenship, with a U.S. social security card and a United States passport......Im not ashamed of that, actually Im proud of that. but you are ashamed because you have inferiority complex issues and blame everybody for your parents choices in life that dragged you along with them.......that's life!

Last edited by MikeRavens; 24th February 2011 at 10:47.