Puerto Rico Discussion Forum

Puerto Rico Discussion Forum (http://www.puertorico.com/forums/)
-   Politics (http://www.puertorico.com/forums/politics/)
-   -   America changing (http://www.puertorico.com/forums/politics/22784-america-changing.html)

clip314 11th March 2011 08:53

America changing

The NY Times reported today that Arizona's Hispanic population has grown from 25% to 30% and growing by leaps and bounds. This might give some joy to many Hispanics , specially those thinking the day of reckoning is around the corner. However it also sends shivers up the spine of Whites who are feeling cornered and left out, becoming a minority in their own land.

Although some folks here think this is a figment of my imagination, that there is no such thing as Americans feeling cornered in the land of the free and the brave. However these whites are already getting into their covered wagons and defending what ever they believe is their god given right to this land. Gun sales have reached record highs, all fueled by radio talk shows and Fox news, the most tuned and "respected" TV station in America.

However is this paranoia without some reality?

In California Hispanics have grown to be 45% of the population and Asians 30%. There is also the wrong PERCEPTION among Anglos that these immigrants don't want to assimilate, to learn English. Although on the surface this is what it may appear, it is far from reality.

Here two anecdotal examples discussed on Fox news. Asians have formed Ethnoburbs in California, places populated by Asians where one never hears English spoken. The same can be said for recently arrived Hispanics, where salsa blasts from their radios and high school drop out kids are out on the street eyeing the mamis to the shock of passing Anglos.

The Tea Party folks thrive on these scenes thus reinforcing their stereotypes and fears.

Why am I mentioning the Tea party? Because, like it or not, its become a force of Political power that is growing. Once we thought it woud fade away , but as the nation changes color it will only get stronger.

And where do Hispanics fit into all of this? Once Hispanics get on the gravy train of pensions, free medical care, get a credit card and start consuming electronic junk made in china , they become staunch Conservatives. Many even sympathize or even join the Tea Party. They also begin denying that racism exists. Just mentioning racism sends them on a diatribe, they get personal and tell people who talk about race that they are playing the race card. Go figure.

MikeRavens 11th March 2011 09:37

Mira Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton Boricua playing the race card again? jajajajajaja......clippie otra vez con el disco rayado.. Tienes la palabra TEA PARTY y racismo pegao en tu google search permanente....:D

Quote:

And where do Hispanics fit into all of this? Once Hispanics get on the gravy train of pensions, free medical care, get a credit card and start consuming electronic junk made in china , they become staunch Conservatives. Many even sympathize or even join the Tea Party. They also begin denying that racism exists. Just mentioning racism sends them on a diatribe, they get personal and tell people who talk about race that they are playing the race card. Go figure

that's why we have youuuuuuuu clippie, to remind us everyday that racism exists and that the Tea Party is going to send you back to Africa. jajajaja. You are so predictable.

MikeRavens 11th March 2011 10:06

Clippie, you should read 2 books from Larry Elder titled: Stupid Black Men: How to Play the Race Card--and Lose and What's Race Got to Do with It?: Why It's Time to Stop the Stupidest Argument in America

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...SH20_OU01_.jpg

but knowing you, you will judge a book by its cover and call him an uncle tom. :D

Suki 11th March 2011 11:56

Keep things without personalisms. And on topic. Thank you.

clip314 11th March 2011 14:14

Getting Personal, not good

Its a pity this forum has gone down hill since guys like Raven, Lexus, Atagui can't hold on to a discussion without insulting folks personally. Although this triple personality man subscribes to the myth that America is a color blind society, and that race NEVER was a factor , or isn't a factor in anything done in American politics, he never proves his point. He spews out books by Black Oreo cookies, Uncle Toms and Sambos who are paid fanatsically well to put their names on books authored by angry whites. Lets hear from you Raven, not some uppity Black millionaire whose book is already on the 99 cent rack at Barnes & Noble.

Although insulting people is a trait of the blogoshere, this forum has been kept free of this since Another Rican was kicked out like a dirty pamper some time ago. Now we have this schizoid person with THREE HANDLES who comes in thinking people are stupid and should give him a free pass to insult personally. Since then he's reverted to Raven, thank god. LOL A turn in the "right" direction, no pun, LOL

One thing you can say is that at least Another Rican didn't attack anyone here personally that I know of, in fact he was just another web folkloric character. He made me laugh, Raven insults and doesn't have the skills even to do it in a funny way..

On the other hand, Raven, Lexus Atagui, is so hostile when his world is questioned that he lashes out the only way he knows, getting personal and ignoring the topic.

MMMMMM Sometimes I think its something else, but as a shrink I dare not even attempt discuss that one here.

Case closed on my part.

MikeRavens 11th March 2011 14:16

jejejeje....what did I do now? I just suggested 2 books to clippie about his own topic on racism and playing the race card.

people here are so touchy and sensitive.:D

MikeRavens 11th March 2011 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by clip314 (Post 116743)
Its a pity this forum has gone down hill since guys like Raven, Lexus, Atagui can't hold on to a discussion without insulting folks personally. Although this triple personality man subscribes to the myth that America is a color blind society, and that race NEVER was a factor , or isn't a factor in anything done in American politics, he never proves his point. He spews out books by Black Oreo cookies, Uncle Toms and Sambos who are paid fanatsically well to put their names on books authored by angry whites. Lets hear from you Raven, not some uppity Black millionaire whose book is already on the 99 cent rack at Barnes & Noble.

Although insulting people is a trait of the blogoshere, this forum has been kept free of this since Another Rican was kicked out like a dirty pamper some time ago. Now we have this schizoid person with THREE HANDLES who comes in thinking people are stupid and should give him a free pass to insult personally. Since then he's reverted to Raven, thank god. LOL A turn in the "right" direction, no pun, LOL

One thing you can say is that at least Another Rican didn't attack anyone here personally that I know of, in fact he was just another web folkloric character. He made me laugh, Raven insults and doesn't have the skills even to do it in a funny way..

On the other hand, Raven, Lexus Atagui, is so hostile when his world is questioned that he lashes out the only way he knows, getting personal and ignoring the topic.

MMMMMM Sometimes I think its something else, but as a shrink I dare not even attempt discuss that one here.

Case closed on my part.

Isn't this personalism? I guess the rules here dont apply to all.

Let me get the size bigger so you can read since you can't read in small letters.

1) You just called an educated black man an Oreo cookie, Uncle Tom and Sambo because he has a different opinion than you. Who is the racist here???? What does him being a millionare because of his hard work has to do with the topic? Obviously you had to throw in there for some reason. Not only you play the race card now you throw in the class envy card. Deadly combination.

2) My question to you is why everything to you is about race and playing the race card? That's all you write and you are very bias and 1 sided in your opinions here.

3) You mention a lot the "ANGRY WHITE MEN"........who are them? every Anglo white that don't have your political views? The black people and latinos don't get mad at the system? for you its ONLY the white anglo men that are the problem.

4) Clippie, you are living proof that racism comes in all cultures and colors. At least be honest with yourself and admit it when you open the topic of race for debate........I'm not mad at all, I just find it funny that people need to pull the race card all the time to move ahead or to make an argument on every problem in society.......jejejeje