Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Society > Politics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

If PR could vote for the President of US. This would free PR. Read Why.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13th September 2000, 06:17

Mike_Coordero
Send a message via ICQ to Mike_Coordero
Cool

If PR could vote for the President of US
This would open the door to a free PR. Read Why.

What the PNP has done is to produce fear into the Hearts of the American Republic party and some Members of the Democratic party. The Republic has fought
Hard to keep PR away from becoming a state for this Same reason. By allowing PR to vote is like if PR was A state. The Republic Party doesnít want PR to have this
Power and some members of the Democratic Party feel This way to. Believe me, the republic party would fight This to the bitter end. But if somehow it happens it would Open the door finally for a free Puerto Rico. The republic Party along with some of the Democratic Party would find
Something, to free PR. What could they find to free PR? There are too many to write here. The Republic Party has fought
For to long to keep PR from becoming a state and they are Not going to let this happen now. You see, PR donít have to Many friends in Washington. So, if PR could vote for the
President or not PR would win her freedom. You see, if they Say no it would show the US donít want us. If they allow us To vote it will give the US the opportunity to let PR go. So, what do you think about this hot political issue in PR?
http://www.wavcentral.com/sounds/mov...ace_speech.wav

Old 13th September 2000, 06:22

Mike_Coordero
Send a message via ICQ to Mike_Coordero
Question

What the PNP has done is to produce fear into the Hearts of the American Republic party and some Members of the Democratic party. The Republic has fought Hard to keep PR away from becoming a state for this
Same reason. By allowing PR to vote is like if PR was A state. The Republic Party doesnít want PR to have this Power and some members of the Democratic Party feel This way to. Believe me, the republic party would fight This to the bitter end. But if somehow it happens it would Open the door finally for a free Puerto Rico. The republic
Party along with some of the Democratic Party would find Something, to free PR. What could they find to free PR? There are too many to write here. The Republic Party has fought For to long to keep PR from becoming a state and they are Not going to let this happen now. You see, PR donít have to
Many friends in Washington. So, if PR could vote for the President or not PR would win her freedom. You see, if they Say no it would show the US donít want us. If they allow us To vote it will give the US the opportunity to let PR go. So, what do you think about this hot political issue in PR?

Old 16th September 2000, 19:51

Papo_Blair
Lightbulb

Again, the PNP try another thing that would
bit them in there nose. Why? Because what
they try to do never comes from the heart but
of hate. This is why I also believe this
would free Puerto Rico once and for all.
This would force US to get rid of Puerto Rico sooner than ever and this is the reall
reason the PNP try this old trick.
Old 20th September 2000, 13:21

Leticia_g is on a distinguished road
Talking

For Puerto Rico to given the electorial vote would definitely make us noticeable, however, I think that the US will probably offer Puerto Rico statehood. This will be done only to appease us. Right now they are boiling in Washington because it has been placed as a possibility for Puerto Rican's to vote in this year's election. I know there are many that oppose it in Washington, but I don't think Washington will give Puerto Rico it's independence that easily. Even though the US complais about the monies the government has to ditch out to Puerto Rico, the US also knows that they are still profiting from the Island. With Latin American Trade becoming so important in the Global Market, I think that the US will hold on to Puerto Rico as long as it could.
Old 20th September 2000, 19:44

Papo_Blair
Lightbulb

(With Latin American Trade becoming so important in the Global Market, I think that the US will hold on to Puerto Rico as long as it could).

Well, I hope US do not hold on to Puerto Rico for any longer. I believe Latin America wants Puerto Rico to become part of the family of Latin Nations. This would benefit US more.
Old 20th September 2000, 22:15

thegenie
Exclamation

Do you really think this? I believe your assumption is Wrong and this is why I believe that.
If they grant us the right to vote for the President as we stand (Which I Doubt) They would probably move fast to grant us Statehood. For if it is true that there are some congressman that would not like PR to become a State there are some that Would.(It just amuse me the way most people that want independence always speak as if they were a majority and when they say that congressman does not like puertorican to become a State they also claim that it is the majority of them that don't.)Let me explain! It is not as simple as to say "HEY! WE WANT YOU OR WE DON'T WANT YOU AS STATE" there are other things to consider. Like is it Viable,Is it the right choice for us and for them? Congress is a complicated part of Government. And to make a decision it goes thru a process.
On the other hand if it does not permit us to vote for the president it is not because they don't like us like you said. This is not kindergarden, where you say they don't like me teacher! I believe if they would accept us to vote for the President as we stand it Would open a Pandora's Box since they would have to grant the same right to Guam, Samoan, Us Virgin Island, and the Northern Mariana islands. So as we can see it is not how you paint it.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Coordero:

What the PNP has done is to produce fear into the Hearts of the American Republic party and some Members of the Democratic party. The Republic has fought Hard to keep PR away from becoming a state for this
Same reason. By allowing PR to vote is like if PR was A state. The Republic Party doesnít want PR to have this Power and some members of the Democratic Party feel This way to. Believe me, the republic party would fight This to the bitter end. But if somehow it happens it would Open the door finally for a free Puerto Rico. The republic
Party along with some of the Democratic Party would find Something, to free PR. What could they find to free PR? There are too many to write here. The Republic Party has fought For to long to keep PR from becoming a state and they are Not going to let this happen now. You see, PR donít have to
Many friends in Washington. So, if PR could vote for the President or not PR would win her freedom. You see, if they Say no it would show the US donít want us. If they allow us To vote it will give the US the opportunity to let PR go. So, what do you think about this hot political issue in PR?
Old 21st September 2000, 23:00

Papo_Blair
Lightbulb

You are right. As you could see I am not
alway 100% right. Thank you for your point of view.