Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Society > Politics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

UN ACONTECIMIENTO HISTORICO PARA LA NACION DE PUERTO RICO!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2001, 17:31

Hombre-cuidad
Talking A HISTORICAL EVENT FOR THE PUERTO RICAN NATION!!

Thank God, or who ever you believe in, that the "Democratic leaders" in Puerto Rico and the USA have finally come to their senses. Even thought that it is not permanent and probably the Navy and the USA Government will find another way to stay on vieques, but at least now the world is watching and we have the heart and souls of the Puerto Rican people EVERYWHERE! Did you hear that 2 NAVY submariners killed a couple of fishermen in Japan? This has sparked controversy on the Navy's compatence and the victims families and the Government of Japan has recieve public and private appologies from the "murders," USA officials and the President of the USA himself. When a Navy Pilot killed a USA citizen, who was a former NATIONAL GUARD officer, and security guard, not much publicity in the USA or public or private appologies were shown. What is the difference, Japan is the USA's competetor and window to Asia and Puerto Rico is USA's "colony" and the window of eternal struggle?

"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"
http://www.geocities.com/wazzzzz_aaaaaap
Old 3rd March 2001, 10:32

Poncepr68
Lightbulb ARE YOU CERTAIN...

Hombre;

You may be correct that the Navy's competence is in question but are you sure that there was no written apology, public or private, to the family members of Mr. David Sanes (que en paz decanse)? Oh by the way you need to confirm your information because it was ONE Navy sub that sunk the Japanese fishing boat.

Brother, the world has been watching since the Vieques issue! Do not be mistaken I am currently stationed in Europe and I am asked constantly, how do I feel about the Navy bombing in Vieques, which I tell them that I can not comment on that or any other issue and that they should contact my PAO (Public Affairs Officer).
Old 4th March 2001, 01:08

Hombre-cuidad
Wink OK!

I know, I just found out it was just one, I heard from once source that it was 2. I know what you mean about people asking about the vieques issue being around the world, it has been for a while, but it largely exploded when that security guard was killed, I mean that in it is not given enough plublicity as it needs in the USA, except for 60 minutes. It is sad that even in spanish programing they do not cover t as much as it should, because they are mostly focused in News in Mexico. I am not a racist like L_F_Miranda and I know that Mexicans are the largest spanish-speaking group in the USA and in Latin America, but It is ridiculus, if the same thing happened in mexico that happened in Puerto Rico, they would constantly talk about it.

Like when Vicente Fox was running and won the Presidency of Mexico, they covered it constantly, even in the USA, but not AS MUCH AS THEY SHOULD for the Puerto Rican elections, which was very important in that all the candidates were preaching and promising aginst the Navy's presence in Vieques and that a women was running,( not the first time, Luis Munoz Marin's daughter, a former PR Senator, ran in 1992, but lost to Pedro Rosello). This elections focused on Puerto Rico's economy, which is slowing, on the relationship with the USA, which is the case in everyone, but more even now. That is AS IMPORTANT as the Mexican elections, which focused a lot with economy, freedoms, and the growing relationship with the USA.

I do not know if they ask me uncle, who is in the navy in Japan and was runner up best sailer of the year of 2001, but did not win, only because he did no spent enough time out at sea for 3 months at a time. How do you fell about the Navy issue, being that you are Puerto rican and a navy man, and why do you say no comment?

"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"
http://www.geocities.com/wazzzzz_aaaaaap