Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Society > Politics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What is everybody's problem with the US???

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20th September 2000, 13:48

Gringa
Exclamation

My husband is the Navy and is very hard working and I find it disrespectful that everybody is talking bout PR freedom. You are a tiny little island that is almost impossible to find on a map and you have no military defense except for the U.S. What makes you think that if you become "free" and become a country that some other larger country isn't gonna take you over. My husband and all his friends work their asses off to protect this damn island and he can't even be proud of being in the Navy cuz if he goes out in town anywhere on this island he could get killed if he's wearing his uniform. You have such a BIG problem with the military presence on the island and the U.S. in general but you have no problem recieving wellfare and social security and not having to pay taxes. Think about what would happen if the Navy were to leave...I know for a fact that most people that work at Roosey Roads are island natives. You want to become a free country but you need to start taking care of your own people and your own protection instead of allowing us to do so then bad mouthing the military. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. If we leave you will have no protection from other countries that will try to take you over. The only reason you aren't a state is that whenever you had the chance to vote to become one you voted 'NO'. If you're ready to stop sucking the U.S. dry and recieving protection from the most powerful country on the planet to gain the freedom you think you deserve then be my guest but until you're island grows some big enough to do it quit talking bout being free and QUIT bad mouthing the Navy and the U.S cuz they're there for you finacially and your protection.
Old 20th September 2000, 15:17

El_Jibaro
Cool

I worked my hide off for the Navy for more than a decade, so I know how sloppy this branch of the Armed Forces is. That the Navy has to spend most of its money in building and upkeeping its fleet of ships and aircraft with total disregard to both civilian and military personnel is fact that YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF IF YOU ARE REALLY A NAVY WIFE.

As to the sloppiness and the disregard for its neighbors in the tiny island of Vieques, you can read plenty of media, much of it bad, but none lacking most of the facts.

As to the WORTHINESS of Puerto Ricans in the overall US picture, I must INFORM YOU [are you an ignorant "hick" by any chance?] that we are AMERICAN CITIZENS by BIRTH since 1917, when Congress decide to change our citizenship so that they could easily DRAFT Puerto Ricans for World War I. As a result our fathers, uncles, and grand-fathers have been heavily drafted to all of the significant AMERICAN wars of the last 93 years. So if YOU CARE TO KNOW, we Puerto Ricans have taken much of the duty, honor and sacrifice in defending these United States of ours .

Now, the FACT that the Navy has been such an irresponsible neighbor to the 10,000 inhabitants of Vieques, would be tempered down if Puerto Rico was a State, since you don't see the Navy being so heavy handed where Congressional representation could affect its budget. But, as an unincorporated territory, the Navy has not only been negligent with Puerto Rico but ARROGANT too.

While some of the less than 4% of the Puerto Rican population represent any violent threat to the Navy and the USA, you should be aware that the MISTREATMENT Puerto Rico has been receiving from the Navy may result in Puerto Ricans deciding ONCE AND FOR ALL to become part of the UNION and placing seven Congressmen [5 Representatives and 2 Senators] to OVERVIEW the Navy's doings. Seven more Congressmen is what the Navy least want on their backs at this time in History .

Maybe all of this is WAY OVER YOUR HEAD, since your bad spelling gives you out as an IGNORANT HICK . Or maybe you are an independence supporter, masquerading as a RACIST REDNECK . Bah, both independentistas and Hicks are cut with the same IGNORANT RACISM mold .

------------------
Manuel Alonso
Old 20th September 2000, 18:03

TainaChulita
Talking

FYI----> Gringa
First of all there are lots of islands that are smaller than us that have obtained their independence.
Second of all I dont see how it is protecting us if they are forever throwing bombs at Vieques , la isla nena.
About American Aid-- The US is not stupid.. you think that the US will test their bombs and destroy our terain for free... That is why they ,they way you put it " feed " us
Nothing in this world is free.. the benefits we have we earned.. with our blood in YOUR wars, with the sweat of our brow , and by the accomplishments of my people... You should not really enter the forum with such baised information.. Next time investigate both sides beforehand..
Old 20th September 2000, 19:25

Papo_Blair
Lightbulb

To Gringa

You forgot the we never ask to be part of US we were taken by force. Just like everyone
Has said, we have pay for everything we got.
If Israel and the Palestine could have there own country and they are about the same size, as Puerto Rico so could we. Size is no
Reason to lose our country, our true country, Puerto Rico.
Old 21st September 2000, 12:14

Bori331
Angry

This is exactly what I am talking about racist rednecks like gringa who think very low of the Puerto Rican people ! There is no doubt in my mind that we definitely need to be on our own; to get away from this racist crap! We need to prove to these gringos that we can do it on our own, and for your information gringa, you people invaded us; do your research before you bark !!! BOW WOW !!!
Old 21st September 2000, 12:38

El_Jibaro
Wink

So to get away from the KKK, who wants to run us out of town, we do what they say: RUN OUT OF TOWN . This is very COURAGEOUS, right ? Or do we HATE the USA for the few KKK bad apples ?

I SAY WE STAY: NO kkk IDIOT IS GOING TO RUN PUERTO RICO OUT OF THE USA .

You tell me, WHAT HAS MORE CHARACTER ?

------------------
Manuel Alonso
Old 21st September 2000, 12:47

Gringa
Arrow

Excuse me but I met a lot of very nice PUERTO RICANS while I was there who feel the same way as me about the people on your island and their opinions. If fact as in my experiences most of the people who share all of your sentiments are male cause the women have no problem dating and marrying Navy men. And as for the people who called me an illiterate "hick" I don't think so I am very educated and very intelligent. If you people take such pride in your island why don't you clean it up... I have never in all the places I have visited seen beaches so dirty in my life. I also have never seen so many homeless animals and filth crowding the streets. One day while going on base I saw a dead cow on the side of the road...an hour later I saw the same cow being butched for meat. And as any intelligent person would know when you hit any edible animal with a car the meat is no longer any good. Also my husband told me a story about while driving back from the airport he saw a dead child in the road...hit and run. What kind of person would hit an innocent child then drive off? And for those of you who think I don't know anything about the island of Vieques...the only two places the Navy bombs are on opposite ends of the island. Two beaches...green beach and blue beach if I'm not mistaken. I have very high respect for your island your people and your rich culture but when I go to a club and show my military ID and some fat PR man says 'oh Navy we don't like that here' that kind of makes it hard to be polite to people that don't even know me or my husband and yet feel they have the right to persecute him because of his job.