Canada, Australia, Scotland and PR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10th September 2000, 18:38

Mike_Coordero
Send a message via ICQ to Mike_Coordero
Question

Canada, Australia and Scotland is what PR
Should move into. Read on.

I was kind of surprise to find the Canada, Australia, And even Scotland are free nations but still England Hold power in one way or another. Example:

Canada

The head of state of Canada is the sovereign of Great Britain. The nominal head of the Government Is the representative of the British Crown.

Australia

The commonwealth of Australia. The head of state Is the British sovereign.

Now, Scotland is a little different. They have the same Problems as Puerto Rico when it comes to there freedom.

Scotland

Even thought they are still fighting for there freedom Is governed as an integral part of Great Britain. Two British parties and one party call the Scottish
Nationalist party which is the only one the press for Complete self-government like PIP in Puerto Rico. But like the PIP, it only has played a minor role in the Political of Scotland.

So this show the if you negotiated like Canada and Australia has done PR could also win her freedom And yet still have good relationship with USA. This also prove the PR need a new party like I have said
In the past. I now ask those who believe in
The PNP, PPD, PIP, and in those who do believe the PR should have a new party to say what you believe.

So, what do you think and believe?
Old 10th September 2000, 18:42

Mike_Coordero
Cool

Canada, Australia and Scotland is what PR
Should move into. Read on.

I was kind of surprise to find the Canada, Australia, And even Scotland are free nations but still England Hold power in one way or another. Example:

Canada

The head of state of Canada is the sovereign of Great Britain. The nominal head of the Government Is the representative of the British Crown.

Australia

The commonwealth of Australia. The head of state Is the British sovereign.

Now, Scotland is a little different. They have the same Problems as Puerto Rico when it comes to there freedom.

Scotland

Even thought they are still fighting for there freedom Is governed as an integral part of Great Britain. Two British parties and one party call the Scottish
Nationalist party which is the only one the press for Complete self-government like PIP in Puerto Rico. But like the PIP, it only has played a minor role in the Political of Scotland.

So this show the if you negotiated like Canada and Australia has done PR could also win her freedom And yet still have good relationship with USA. This also prove the PR need a new party like I have said
In the past. I now ask those who believe in
The PNP, PPD, PIP, and in those who do believe the PR should have a new party to say what you believe.

So, what do you think and believe?
Old 10th September 2000, 20:05

Mike_Coordero
Cool

I almost forgot something. If PR does follow
This or try to win some kind of citizenship
After winning her freedom but US said no
and everything Fells. Than what? I believe the following Line would explain what would happen. I Hope it does not happen but is there. Just hit the following link or just copy And past it to the Address wed location to go There.
http://www.wavcentral.com/sounds/mov...ace_speech.wav
Old 12th September 2000, 06:02

Mike_Coordero
Exclamation

I had a feeling people were afraid to talk
about this one. I thought those the believe in the PNP would say something the same with the PPD and not to meantion PIP. Well, maybe I am wrong.
Old 12th September 2000, 22:13

Eddier1
Smile

[quote]Originally posted by Mike Coordero:
>I had a feeling people were afraid to talk
about this one. I thought those the believe in the PNP would say something the same with the PPD and not to meantion PIP. Well, maybe I am wrong.<

Mike you left out New Zealand which also has a politically eccentric relationship to Great Britain.

Frankly I don't think that we Boricuas with our Latin and Taino heritage would find the British solution of commonwealth status suitable to our nature and humor.

Personally, the thing that I have found engaging is the legal system of Common Law as opposed to our system of Civil Law which comes from the Napoleonic era of the French.

I think something based on a common law point of view would eventually be better for Puerto Rico, then the current mess of civil law in conflict with a loose interpretation of common law under the aegis of the U.S..

Most P.R.'s I discovered who are thrown into the legal system don't know really which law applies to them, i.e,, either they are innocent until proved guilty as the common law maintains, or they are guilty until they prove themselves innocent if given the chance to do so. I say if given the chance, because I know of cases were prisoners awaiting months for an ajudication of their cases were murdered in their cells, shot like fish in a barrel by prison guards.

How convenient for the guards when they based their actions on the civil law that the prisoners were guilty anyway. AND THEY GOT AWAY WITH THESE MURDERS!

In a future Independent Republic of Puerto Rico, I maintain that we have to resolve this legal confusion and choose either/or for one system of the code of law or the other.

Personally, I lean towards the common law side, although I have had to overcome my Latin and Taino reserve to the eccentricities of its British heritage.

In short, I now find it overwhelmingly better than the old and murderous civil law option.

But other than that, I cannot really make headway in understanding the commonwealth association of all those countries you mentioned, and New Zealand which I added.

Regards Boricua,
EddieR #1

Old 16th September 2000, 20:00

Papo_Blair
Lightbulb

Our system has not help our people make up there minds. I also believe that maybe we could use some of the British ideas and make them work for Puerto Rico. What do you think
Old 22nd September 2000, 22:20

Papo_Blair
Lightbulb

More and more states are turning to English only and I find this a sad thing for those Americans the donít Speak the language. You see, this started to stop Hispanics but is also going to hurt other people. Like people from Poland and etc. Even Canada respect
Its citizens better. Canada has a big French community And you donít see Canada putting English only. Americans are forgetting that English is not the Only language in the world. Like Nazi Germany Americans are taken away freedom from their own Americans the donít talk English. The same people
The have American what its today. This is another Reason not to become a state. How could you Become part of a Union that donít respect all there Citizen like it did once. Thanks God we could still Say no to statehood.