Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Society > Politics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What is PR, a Third World Country or Fourth World Country?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2002, 18:22

Nacionalista
Question

Definitely is not a First World Country since these are only Japan and the Western industrialized democracies, meaning the first countries to develop advanced industrial economies and pluralist democracies.

Can't be Second World Country because this is the bloc of former Communist nations that include the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe.

Now, I will let you do your homework and come up with your own conclusion.

Third World Country or Fourth World Country.

Note: The Fourth World Country is a Third World Country pocket inside a First World Country.

EL NACIONALISTA desde La Capital Confederada, Richmond, Virginia.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Old 3rd February 2002, 23:55

Eddier1
[quote]Originally posted by Nacionalista
Definitely is not a First World Country since these are only Japan and the Western industrialized democracies, meaning the first countries to develop advanced industrial economies and pluralist democracies.

Can't be Second World Country because this is the bloc of former Communist nations that include the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe.

Note: The Fourth World Country is a Third World Country pocket inside a First World Country.
[/QUOTE

Folks;

There is no abstract mystery here. Despite the night and fog of the above quote, Puerto Rico will remain a third world country as long as it remains a colony of a benighted country like the U.S.. Confusion should only befall imperialist countries; they deserve that and more!

Regards Boricuas,
EddieR

[Edited by Eddier1 on 4th February 2002 at 11:51]
Old 4th February 2002, 14:31

Guaili-Cayniabon
Quote:
Originally posted by Nacionalista

Many intelectuals have called Cuba a '2nd world country' due to its '3rd world' elements such as the lack of high industry, but is called a 2nd world country due that it provides welfare for the population that many Latin American nations can not.

Note that the Cuban economy has been strangled by the economic blockade, while the economy of the Dominican Republic is not (it is but that is a different issue), and the Dominican nation can not provide welfare to its citizens. About 2 weeks in the 'Listin Diario' (Dominican Newspaper) had reported that the constitution of the latter nation requires a 5% to spend on education and the constitution has been violated because 2% was spent on education. Due to this fact Cuba is considered a 2nd world nation. Which to say Cuba does have elements of a 3rd world nation, that can not be denied. This is a complex issue because it depends on what an individual sees as good and bad, but there is a consensus that Cuba is a 2nd world nation.

Puerto Rico, my beloved nation. I had mentioned previoulsy that it depends what we consider good and bad but I will try to apply what we or internationaly consider good. Remember that we live in a world that is dominated by Independentistas. All independent nations treasure thier political freedom <soberania> with their own personality, no assimilation. My analysis is that our beloved country is a 4th world nation and there are many reasons.

First our conceptual state of mind that we live, "We can not do anything" imagine yuor child telling you that, you would feel worried about your child right???

Second, as we grow up there is a need of dependency but we never tell our children do not study or do not do anything because you will get money from the state.

Our beloved paisanos have the concept that to be free is to depend without providing or (now maybe José whom is a pene...pe feels confident to talk to all the women he likes, I am writing about political freedom) for instance the assimilist in Puerto Rico claim that they want representation with the empire and that they want 'equality' with the anglo government. This movement in the past has supported in the past the corporations of the United States in the Island to eliminate Boricua business, another example about 2 months ago the current governer of Puerto Rico had to ask permision to the national government of the United States to participate an economic forum with other nations of Latin America, it was an assimilist who wrote to the President of the United States not to allow such participation.

The reason is the following, thier argumentation is more dependency. If Puerto Rico would be able to sustain itself in a particular issue, to thier eyes that is a defeat, how would they articulate to the population that we can not govern ourselves.

Another example, the 'Tren Urbano', that train was paid by the national government of the U.S. It is true a train that is a sign of development but did Puerto Ricans in the Island produce enough capital to build this train??? NO. This mentality is not acceptable internationaly or social. Our economic state of mind in itself is 4th world.

When do hear to be free is to be dependent??? The same way it sounds wierd for any individual to articulate to make Puerto Rico a debartment (state) of France, due to the fact that the world or our evolution does not see this as progress.

In the United States do people get in trouble for having a flag of thier country??? NO, but in Puerto Rico it's a problem, maybe not like back in the days but it is still at times seen as a taboo amongst the elder generation.

Our collective state of mind is 4th world, the material is another thing. Well anyway, I have to get going now. Just wanted to provide my answer and some thoughts on the subject

Atentamente,

El Nene de Rio Grande

"Yo soy Boricua, mi amor es Puerto Rico,
Para mi Islita no encuentro parangón,
Nací en los montes del centro de mi tierra,
Yo soy Boricua de sangre y corazon."

[i]"Al morirme que me entierren en la tierra en que yo nací,
pues quiero darle a mi tierra lo que ella me ha dado a mi."

[/b]-El Nene de Río Grande

[b][i]¡FIEL A LA VICTORIA!
¡QUE VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!

Old 7th February 2002, 13:12

Nacionalista
In reality, Cuba is a Third World Country.

The only reason Cuba is called a Second World Country is because it belonged one time to the Soviet Bloc and still a Communist country.

Those two comments are facts that can't be change.

Now, the only way for Cuba to be a Third World Country is to change its government to something else besides Comunism.

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 7th February 2002, 15:34

Camano
Cool

Who can analyze the diffrence between the welfare system in
the Puerto Rico and Cuba?
Old 7th February 2002, 17:19

Nacionalista
Quote:
Originally posted by Camano
Who can analyze the diffrence between the welfare system in
the Puerto Rico and Cuba?
Wow, that is a good question Camano.

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 9th February 2002, 01:56

Guaili-Cayniabon
Wink Interesting question Camano!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Camano
Who can analyze the diffrence between the welfare system in Puerto Rico and Cuba?
[i]Very interesting indeed, not mainly because of what the question address's, rather that when such a question of such complexity is asked, one has to stop and wonder if the one asking the question already knows the answer, hmmm???

Well, a synthesis of this analysis, the issue of the welfare system in Cuba is the ideology to help the proletariat (working class) while the implementation of the welfare system of the United States in Puerto Rico is to pacify any independence movements and to take away our political self-esteem.

I hope I've answereed your question Camano

Well, maybe if I am correct about my assumption of you asking the question, I was hoping maybe you might want to further explain or allow us to hear your thoughts and comments.

Welcome to puertorico.com by the way,

You've just met -El Nene de Rio Grande

"Yo soy Boricua, mi amor es Puerto Rico,
Para mi Islita no encuentro parangón,
Nací en los montes del centro de mi tierra,
Yo soy Boricua de sangre y corazon."

[i]"Al morirme que me entierren en la tierra en que yo nací,
pues quiero darle a mi tierra lo que ella me ha dado a mi."

[/b]-El Nene de Río Grande

[b][i]¡FIEL A LA VICTORIA!
¡QUE VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!