Go Back   Puerto Rico Discussion Forum > Religion & Philosophy > Religion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Many Faiths but a single God

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28th November 2001, 23:04

Pregonero is on a distinguished road
Cool

Amos, allow me to respond to your statement: "The old shool is infallible and that means that it is in charge of its own destiny. It can therefore change and adapt to local conditions around the world, yes even incorporate voodoo under its umbrella, and so move the world in its ideal for humanity."
My grandmother always said: "The worst blind person is the one who does not want to see." And I think, it describes you. How could you follow and old school that in order to grab people is willing to mix with anything, even if it offends GOD? You see, that's why the gospel is unique. It does not mix with anything else. Your old school, has mixed in the past, and is willing to mix in the present, and will mix in the future with whatever. That's why in the book of Revelation, your old school (the catholic church) is represented by "the great whore". Because as a spiritual prostitute, it's willing to mingle with anything and anyone. It is no secret, that voodoo is a mix of catholicism and african religions, which are pagan in nature. The same thing happens with Santeria. There are many catholics who practice: spiritism, witchcraft, horoscope reading, etc.; and it is perfectly accepted by the old school like something normal. But it is paganism!
Now, how someone could think that by mixing pagan religions, they are going to please GOD, it's beyond me! And quiet frankly, that's exactly what catholicism is. It's a poisonous stew of "imitation judaism", "imitation christianity" and outright paganism. The problem is, that they call the final product: "christianity". In reality, everything they practice is against christianity. And the danger is, that they have the ability to catch in their net good, sincere, and honest people.
GOD, have mercy!
Old 29th November 2001, 00:04

Amos
Thanks for being honest to yourself

Quote:
Originally posted by Pregonero
Amos, allow me to respond to your statement: "The old shool is infallible and that means that it is in charge of its own destiny. It can therefore change and adapt to local conditions around the world, yes even incorporate voodoo under its umbrella, and so move the world in its ideal for humanity."
My grandmother always said: "The worst blind person is the one who does not want to see." And I think, it describes you. How could you follow and old school that in order to grab people is willing to mix with anything, even if it offends GOD? You see, that's why the gospel is unique. It does not mix with anything else. Your old school, has mixed in the past, and is willing to mix in the present, and will mix in the future with whatever. That's why in the book of Revelation, your old school (the catholic church) is represented by "the great whore". Because as a spiritual prostitute, it's willing to mingle with anything and anyone. It is no secret, that voodoo is a mix of catholicism and african religions, which are pagan in nature. The same thing happens with Santeria. There are many catholics who practice: spiritism, witchcraft, horoscope reading, etc.; and it is perfectly accepted by the old school like something normal. But it is paganism!
Now, how someone could think that by mixing pagan religions, they are going to please GOD, it's beyond me! And quiet frankly, that's exactly what catholicism is. It's a poisonous stew of "imitation judaism", "imitation christianity" and outright paganism. The problem is, that they call the final product: "christianity". In reality, everything they practice is against christianity. And the danger is, that they have the ability to catch in their net good, sincere, and honest people.
GOD, have mercy!

Your response is much appreciated Pregonero and I know exactly what you mean. In fact, I saw the three angels flying through midheaven when I read your first post (sorry did I tell you about these already? Rev.14:6-12).

The occult is not offensive to God because only the occult knows and therefore recognizes the supernatural. Yes, you may call Catholicism an occult but just because you have the wrong impression of Gods attributes does not make others wrong but maybe the problem is just your own. I know this to be true because your world is still flat and will always be flat because no protestant has even been known to color his world and transform it into heaven while here upon earth.

For your information, the old school does not considder itself Christian but Catholic in Christendom. It is not until protestant marauders used the word Christian for people that went to church despite the fact that the bible clearly states that there are no churches the New Jerusalem. In other words, Christians that have been set free from the Law (New Covenant people Gal.5:1-4) do not belong in church for they are not to be enslaved to sin for the second time. Hence my citation of 1Jn.3:9 and my suggestion that Catholics are not Christians but at best Christians-in-becoming . . . from were I wrote earlier to make the distinction between the Church Militant, Suffering and Victorious or Triumphant. So I ask you, where is your victory outside of a promise that is contingent upon you solving the paradox "sinful yet saved?"

I'll stop here for now because it is my time to say good night to all and especially you.

Amos.

Old 29th November 2001, 18:35

Cool

My friend Amos, you still crazy after all these posts!
My victory is in CHRIST! My victory is in what JESUS did for me at Calvary! My victory is in my faith, the true faith of the gospel, instead of an occultic religion that mixes with anything. This is the victory that overcometh the world: EVEN OUR FAITH. (1John 5:4) My victory is in The Blessed Hope, which tells me that there's a day set by GOD, in which my imperfection will be replaced by the perfection of CHRIST. My mortality, by HIS inmortality; my........ Get the picture?
Please, don't tell me what is offensive to GOD, according to you; because GOD already told everyone of us, in HIS word. You say that GOD is not offended by the occult, but in HIS word, HE has made very clear that occultism is very offensive to HIM. From the begining of The Bible to the end, GOD makes clear HIS rejection of the occult. Israel paid a very high price for their involvement with the occult, ignoring GOD's prohibition. This is one of the reasons for GOD to punish the catholic establishment (the revived roman empire) so severely. And that's why I keep on writing to you, because there's still an opportunity for you to be saved by faith in The Lord JESUSCHRIST.
You said before that you are not here trying to convert anyone. Not me! I wish I could convert everyone who reads these posts, for salvation is real and so is damnation.
Be careful, your pope won't be too happy with you, if he finds out that you are saying that the catholic church is occultic in nature. Me?, I am glad that you know that the catholic emporium has never been christian. The history is clear about this, but, when it became convenient to be confused for a christian, they went for it. Hey, you are not alone! It is a custom among the cults to call themselves: christians. The mormons, the Jehova's witnesses, the JESUS only, etc.; they all are clling themselves christians, all of a sudden.
Got to go, for now.

[Edited by Pregonero on 30th November 2001 at 04:57]
Old 29th November 2001, 21:36

Amos
This is the day, and tomorrow will never come.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pregonero
(1John 5:4) My victory is in The Blessed Hope, which tells me that there's a day set by GOD, in which my imperfection will be replaced by the perfection of CHRIST. My mortality, by HIS inmortality; my........ Get the picture?

This is one of the reasons for GOD to punish the catholic establishment (the revived roman empire) so severely. And that's why I keep on writing to you, because there's still an opportunity for you to be saved by faith in The Lord JESUSCHRIST.
[/b]
Oh yes, I got the picture. You went from one form of slavery into another with the blessed hope that something good will happen to you when you die because it never will while you are alive.

The Catholic Church will always be OK and will still be there long after all of the others are gone.

Amos
Old 29th November 2001, 22:54

Cool

My dear friend Amos:
If this is slavery, I don't want to be free. If the joy, the security, the peace, the liberty, the love, the salvation, the victory, the hope, etc.; that JESUS gives me is slavery, according to you, then I wish that everybody would be a happy slave like me. Hey, why not? The apostle Paul declared himself: an slave of CHRIST. There's no shame in it, but glory.
So you have not gotten the picture yet. You see, I am not waiting to die for something good to happen to me; because the best that could ever happen to me, already happened when JESUS saved me. And that's not all! It keeps on growing from glory to glory.
Sadly to say, all you have is a blind belief on an institution which has it's days counted. If you believe The Bible, you should know that the calice of the wrath of GOD will be pour over your pagan institution. Be wise, run for cover! JESUS is the eternal refuge.
Old 28th March 2005, 08:50

Marius
Question Questioning Christianity

It has taken long enough for the registration to go through that I cannot remember the member names of the participants on this board, aside from Amos.
To the other two (starting with L and P), I find your revisionist Catholicism as difficult to accept as Protestantism. Either the text of the Bible is a legitimate medium for the word of God, or it isn't. If it is, then making rationalizations about how the times were different is self-serving and foolish. God has given you his instructions, and is fully capable of giving another set if he thinks that things should be different now. If you believe that the Bible is a flawed document, then I'm not sure how you can believe in Christianity at all. The basis for many Christian schisms and internal controversy is the contradictions inherent in the Bible. Despite its staggering importance, how is it that only two of the Gospels mention the Resurrection? All textual basis for the Catholic Church comes from the writings of Paul, a man who never met Jesus except allegedly in a dream, yet successfully reinterpreted his message. Additionally, the Bible that we have today is an incomplete collection of the Christian Gospels and religious texts that circulated up until the 9th century AD. Charlemagne, Frankish king of most of western Europe, exerted nearly total control over the Catholic Church (using it to serve his needs in much the same way Constantine had, a man who used Christianity as the state relgion of the Roman Empire for political reasons, and was baptized into the Church only on his deathbed...along with every other religion he could find, hedging his bets for the afterlife). He had his servent-bishops and priests gather all the Christian text they could find, and then pared it down into a single, unified Christianity. Conspiracy theorists believe that many of the texts that did not make the cut are now hidden in secret Vatican libraries. I don't know the truth of that, but there were intially believed to be as many as 12 Gospels. Lucky us, we get access to 4.

To Amos, I hope I misunderstood one of your earlier posts, because I am disgusted by the idea of censoring any type of reading, but particularly the text of a religion to which one belongs. To do so reeks of paternalism and deception; "Come sheep and believe what we tell you, for you are not capable of drawing your own conclusions."

As to the Christian religion that has been practiced since the inception of the Church, it could not fall further from the mark. Jesus of Nazerath opposed the organized religion of his time, how could he support the creation of a new form venerating/worshiping him? He attacked the scribes and the pharisees. These were the religious leaders who sought most to centralize Judaism. I was not able to find the line upon brief review, but in one of the gospels (I'm nearly certain that it is Luke), a man asks Jesus how he should worship God. Jesus replies in a fashion similar to the following: "Go to your home and worship within it, but tell noone." The faith preached by Jesus was a naturalist, individual faith, one that could not be more diametrically opposed to that which developed from it.