CLEANING THE PC KEYBOARD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLEANING THE PC KEYBOARD

The PC Keyboard is the component that gets the most dirty yet the one that gets the least clean.When I visit my clients for PC repairs and or general maintenance work,the very first thing that I notice is...the keyboard which is as usual...dirty.The keyboard is very easy to clean and also one that takes just several minutes.My recommendation to cleaning the keyboard is the following way.One Roll At A Time.You can start from the bottom role or from the top role.It simply makes no difference.Do have a pen\pencil and paper handy so you can write down each keyboard key as you remove them.PLEASE NOTE: NEVER DO ANY PC CLEANING WITH THE PC ON.TURN OFF THE COMPUTER AND UNPLUG THE KEYBOARD...ALWAYS!The keyboard and the keys can be cleaned by applying plain soap and water but not directly.Wet a peise of cloth and make sure its just damp.clean each and every key with the rag.As you do so also be replacing the keys to its place.No need to unscrew and part of the keyboard.Use a kitchen butter knife and or a small flat head screw driver to pop up the keys.When doing so,do try being careful and gentle doing so.For future PC Information please check this forum every now and than.I will always be posting useful yet beneficial information for all PC owners.For PC Technical help simply e-mail me your questions.PLEASE NOTE: One question per e-mail.When e-mailing me please be specific and give as much information as possible.My e-mail address is: lee9000@optonline.net
    GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.TRUE SUCCESS IS WHEN PLANNING MEETS OPPORTUNITY! MEET LOVE HALF WAY AND THE JOURNEY WILL BE AN UNFORGETTABLE YET FULL OF HAPPINESS AND EVERLASTING ONE

Originally posted by netlee
    The PC Keyboard is the component that gets the most dirty yet the one that gets the least clean.When I visit my clients for PC repairs and or general maintenance work,the very first thing that I notice is...the keyboard which is as usual...dirty.The keyboard is very easy to clean and also one that takes just several minutes.My recommendation to cleaning the keyboard is the following way.One Roll At A Time.You can start from the bottom role or from the top role.It simply makes no difference.Do have a pen\pencil and paper handy so you can write down each keyboard key as you remove them.PLEASE NOTE: NEVER DO ANY PC CLEANING WITH THE PC ON.TURN OFF THE COMPUTER AND UNPLUG THE KEYBOARD...ALWAYS!The keyboard and the keys can be cleaned by applying plain soap and water but not directly.Wet a peise of cloth and make sure its just damp.clean each and every key with the rag.As you do so also be replacing the keys to its place.No need to unscrew and part of the keyboard.Use a kitchen butter knife and or a small flat head screw driver to pop up the keys.When doing so,do try being careful and gentle doing so.For future PC Information please check this forum every now and than.I will always be posting useful yet beneficial information for all PC owners.For PC Technical help simply e-mail me your questions.PLEASE NOTE: One question per e-mail.When e-mailing me please be specific and give as much information as possible.My e-mail address is: lee9000@optonline.net

Hi there!, me I take it apart and rinse it with the kitchen sprayer and soap, just make sure you don't wet the cables and let it dry for 24 hours after using high presure air(from a can).

Lola

Comment

Originally posted by Guanime
      Originally posted by netlee

Hi there!, me I take it apart and rinse it with the kitchen sprayer and soap, just make sure you don't wet the cables and let it dry for 24 hours after using high presure air(from a can).

Lola
      Hi,putting all personal feelings aside i need help, the comma key is stuck I cant barely type. Please help if you cant ill understand

Comment

ponce44

More often than not certain PC hardware with time start malfunctioning and thats due to Windows System lost or deleted files pertaining to either the mouse,keyboard, CD-ROM, Floppy Disk and yes even NIC Cards, modem and Hard Drives and Operating systems. When some keys on the keyboard start malfunctioning people simply think that its either damaged and or broken not knowing that it might simply need some configuration. The process is very simple but one must follow each and every step so as to get things right otherwise, things can get worst. Here's what you can do to verify the integrity and functionality of your keyboard. Follow these simple steps: Click on Start, Settings and choose "Control Panel". Once in Control Panel choose "Add New Hardware". You will be asked to click on the NEXT button, do it twice. When the small screen pops out stating if you want Windows to search for any New Hardware or plug n play hardware , click NO! As soon as the next Windows pops out simply scroll down until you find the keyboard Icon choose it and click NEXT. Please be aware that when installing Hardware files Windows might ask you for your Operating System CD so do have it handy to pop it in your CD-ROM drive. From there all you have to do is Install the drivers for the keyboard which Windows automatically does for you. The above process can also be performed on any and all your hardware drivers including but not limited to just hardware but also software that comes with the installed hardware. If by any chance you encounter any problem trying to install the drivers for your keyboard please feel free to email me at: ntorres10@nyc.rr.com and I'll be more than happy to assist you. By the way, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May the love and blessing of God be with you and family. Sincerelly...netlee
        GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.TRUE SUCCESS IS WHEN PLANNING MEETS OPPORTUNITY! MEET LOVE HALF WAY AND THE JOURNEY WILL BE AN UNFORGETTABLE YET FULL OF HAPPINESS AND EVERLASTING ONE

Comment

Working...
        X