BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN HIRING A PC TECHNICIAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN HIRING A PC TECHNICIAN

If and whenever you need to hire a Computer Technician be extremely careful.Many of my clients where extremely dissatisfied and angry with their previous technicans who they hired to do repairs on their computers.Many of my clients have taken these individuals to court due to their inneficiency,inexperience,bad work and over charging on fees.As a matter of fact,I have a client who happense to be a female and who hired a so-called PC technician ONLY to make a general installation...nothing else.She bought a brand new computer and needed someone to put it all together.So she hired this individual who charged her $150? And as if that wasn't enough abuse,this individual took two days to install the whole system even know he was reading the guides.Two days? Charged her $150? First of all this individual wasn't certified and never went to an IT school. Before she hired me,she started talking about that individual which really shocked me for what he has done to her.When I told her how much I'd would've charge her and the time it would have taken me to install everything,she almost cried.I told her that General Installation of a new or used computer is $50 or less depending on the amount of hardware and if after installation I have to do any manual configuration of hardware and or software plus that I only take between ten to twenty minutes to install everything and only if nothing else have to be incorpoerated,added and or done to it.Not just any one who claims to be a PC Technician is really good at it and even those who have also gone to school and take IT training can be inefficient.What am saying here is that just because an individual claims to be a PC Technician doesn't necessary means that he\she knows what they're doing.Sometimes you might meet someone out there who happense to have greater knowledge than those who have gone to IT school.So when hiring someone to do any level of maintenance,repairs and or upgrading,be extremely careful on who you give your precious system to do any kind of work.When in need of a PC Technician,please by all means ask the individual for his\her credentials,business card,phone numbers,even for satisfied customers.Don't be afriad to ask many many questions.If by any chance you notice that the individual feels somewhat uncomfortable about you asking questions simply tell the individual...have a nice day!
    GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.TRUE SUCCESS IS WHEN PLANNING MEETS OPPORTUNITY! MEET LOVE HALF WAY AND THE JOURNEY WILL BE AN UNFORGETTABLE YET FULL OF HAPPINESS AND EVERLASTING ONE

Will keep that in mind.

Thank you for all the information you gave on this and I will be very careful who I let into my home to do any kind of work on my computer. I will ask for ID and all they can show me. That is a very good idea! Thanks again Lee.
    Annie

Comment

Also check to make sure he or she is A+ certified

A+ certification basically tells you that your not hiring a quack. It also helps to get a list of their degrees training, and certs before you hire them.

Comment

Hola A Todos Ustedes:

For thes past few months I have downloaded various Free Programs from a reliable web site. C/net: The following programs: 1. ZoneLab (Firewall), 2. Ad-ware 6.0 (Anti-Virus), 3. AVG6.0 (Anti-Virus), 4. Zilla WinCleaner N' Optimizer (Fantastic), 5. Jet Audio (Music) Excellent, 6. Break Reminder (Excellent), 7. Ares (Fantastic), 8. Warez P2P and 9. MRUBlaster (Fantastic).

BesosDulces!
        Dr. Caritza R. M. J.J. Alvarez

Comment

Matsonic Mother Board

Dear friend,
          I have a Intel Pentium 4 with a matsonic mother board model Number: MS9327E
          This is my problem, i want to play a game that requires T&L technology and the game can't run, even though i have a AGP intergrated which is, SiS 650_651_M650_750.
          I am wondering, is there's a way to update this driver? So that I can run any game, especially, D-Day?
          Thank You
          Eugene Ojeda from Staten island, NY

Comment

This is Pertaining Pentium 4 Matsonic Motherboard

Hello Eugene!

I have checked! This is the information that you will need: Register to (DriverGuide.com) is free. Once you have register, You will find various icons, click on motherboard and you will find Matsonic, do not forget to type your model number.

Thank you,
            BesosDulces

Have a great day!
            Dr. Caritza R. M. J.J. Alvarez

Comment

Installing

Well if you THINK that it takes you at LEAST 10 to 15 minutes to install everything i NEED to know HOW you can accomlish that...That's amazing..It took me at least five hours to not only install everything but cleaning the entire hard disk from everything and even viruses..I was trying to install Xp only to find out that the reason WHY i couln't was that the CD had glue on it so i had to also clean the CD on top of that...then go and clean the HD then install every component plus install verizon and make calls to establish a connection then install AOL and finally do several reboots before the customer so that he can see what a good job I did. It took at least 5 hours if it wasn't for that stupid glue I would have finished in three hours and yet iam not a IT certified.

Comment

Re: This is Pertaining Pentium 4 Matsonic Motherboard

Originally posted by BesosDulces
                Hello Eugene!

I have checked! This is the information that you will need: Register to (DriverGuide.com) is free. Once you have register, You will find various icons, click on motherboard and you will find Matsonic, do not forget to type your model number.

Thank you,
                BesosDulces

Have a great day!
                Gracias conrazon Dulcecito
                Ojeda S.I.N.Y.

Comment

Re: Installing

Originally posted by Ojeda55
                  Well if you THINK that it takes you at LEAST 10 to 15 minutes to install everything i NEED to know HOW you can accomlish that...That's amazing..
                  That's because it's B.S.

Just the Windows installation can take three times that amount of time.

If you can install, even one copy of Windows in 20 minutes, please let me know by what divine means you accomplish this.

I repair and install computers from my home office here in Hatillo. I also do updates and charge accordingly, mostly by the hour, and if you think I am going to sit here and diagnose (something that takes time in and of itself) for $5.00 you are mistaken.

I do agree with you that people need to be careful, but that is asking for too much.

When it comes to computers people are their worst nightmare, because they are lazy. I tell all my customers to go online and read up on viruses and spyware or buy books, especially the Dummies series, if they truly want to stop wasting time and money. I make a killing from removing viruses and spyware because people are lazy.

Even when I empower them to take care of their computers by telling them they can educate themselves with a few books, they just ignore my advice.

Now, why should I feel sorry for charging them when they will not even help themselves?

"There is a [lazy] sucker born every minute."

P.S. I am not certified. I worked as a computer technician and network administrator in Philadelphia for many years and have been working with computers since 1983. I do have a degree in computer programming.

[Edited by NelsonN on 27th October 2004 at 01:26]

Comment

Am Not Just A Pc Tech....am Also A Pc Tech/engineer

Originally posted by Ojeda55
                    Well if you THINK that it takes you at LEAST 10 to 15 minutes to install everything i NEED to know HOW you can accomlish that...That's amazing..It took me at least five hours to not only install everything but cleaning the entire hard disk from everything and even viruses..I was trying to install Xp only to find out that the reason WHY i couln't was that the CD had glue on it so i had to also clean the CD on top of that...then go and clean the HD then install every component plus install verizon and make calls to establish a connection then install AOL and finally do several reboots before the customer so that he can see what a good job I did. It took at least 5 hours if it wasn't for that stupid glue I would have finished in three hours and yet iam not a IT certified.
                    Hi! My name is Nelson E. Lee Torres and I've been working on computers for over ten years now. We PC Engineers do have greater knowledge and understanding in general Pc repairs, and rebuilding. Our training is way different from those of a PC Technician where we go deep into the networking area, operating system and hardware in cluding but not limited to general configuration of hardware and software. What might take a PC Technician three hours on a PC will take me several minutes due to our intensive training. I also give Internet training through email classes for a small fee. Interested you can contact me at: leex1960@optonline.net. Thank you!
                    Hello! Everyone!@ Its me, netlee here again visiting and for now staying here for a long, long time. You can read articles on Computer issues I posted. Every now and then I will be writing articles concerning PC Repair and Maintenance. Since am having problems changing my email address for those that wish to email me, my NEW email is: leetorres47@optonline.net

Comment

Not All Pc Technicians Charge The Same

When ever hiring a PC Tech please be aware that NOT all PC tech charge a fee by the hour. Some charge a flat fee incuding a small home visit which ranges from $20 to as high as $60. Never settle for the first tech. Make few calls and ask questions...a lot before deciding to accept his / her service. And please, remember that NOT all technicians are fully experienced nor qualified. Not all technicians have the same educational background and or schooling. And when it comes to fee's, well that's a whole different story. For instance take me for example; I personally charge a $20 per home visit and depending on the job at hand I normally charge between $60 to $120 flat and I guarantee my job for two months. A real good and honest PC Tech will gladly teach you how to give general maintenance to your PC without charge which is what I do with all my clients in general. Anyone Interested in writing to me for any small help and all those who live in New York can contact me at: leex1960@optonline.net. I'll be more than happy to give some advice. When writing please include your name, phone number and a brief message and I'll get in contact as soon as possible. Thank You!
                      Hello! Everyone!@ Its me, netlee here again visiting and for now staying here for a long, long time. You can read articles on Computer issues I posted. Every now and then I will be writing articles concerning PC Repair and Maintenance. Since am having problems changing my email address for those that wish to email me, my NEW email is: leetorres47@optonline.net

Comment

Working...
                      X