No announcement yet.

Black Puerto Ricans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When racist Anglo and Afro Americans do their Racist thing against Latinos, they couldn't give a frogs fat ass what their racial heritage is because their racist attitudes are 90% anti-Latino-culture motivated. I wasn't asked what my racial heritage was when I was jumped on a Miami public bus by a bunch of Racist Afro Americans. They mentioned something about Cubans and before I knew what was happening punches ware coming my Puerto Rican way. Neither did the Afro American bus driver take any action. In fact, there was this approving silence from the other Afro Americans on the bus and certain smile of satisfaction on this particular African American lady's face.

My kids were persecuted for years without letup both at school and at the neighborhood and had to be kept inside during most summer days because the afro Americans saw them as foreign and tried to constantly
    physically attack them. When their parents were told their parents wanted to fight since what right has a Latino to be telling them what to do-right? So according to you I'm supposed to feel what and do what because of a common what?

The truth of the matter is that within our Latin American culture a person is what he appears to be and identifies himself as such. That is the Latino culture. In your culture one drop makes a person black. In Latino culture appearance makes a person black and not his heritage. In your culture Cameron Diaz and Rickey Martin , Rita Hayworth and Jose Fererr are black. In our culture they are white. Don't like our culture? For many of us the feeling is mutual. Live and let live and stop trying to force your irrational culture down other people's throats.

Comment

Originally posted by BoriquaMoreno View Post
      I also joined to connect with my Puerto Rican Heritage. I was glad to see a site come up when I did a google search for "Black Puerto Ricans". My Mom is Puerto Rican and my father is African American. When growing up in Brooklyn and Queens, NY ,Blacks and Puerto Ricans got along. It still seems that way today. I aksed my mom how it is in Puerto Rico and she told me, Puerto Ricans consider themselves all Puerto Rican regardless of skin color. I like that, and cant wait to visit mi familia there.

Lastly I would like to say, growing up I had a few Puerto Rican Girlfriends, and they were the Most Beautiful. To this day I hardly ever see an ugly Puerto Rican women.
      Your mom is 100% right, our ethnicity trumps our race.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuafricana View Post
        Girl that is my exact same problema i have brown skin and my exact same family members are of that race and people just dont know unless i tell them or they hear me speaking spanish. Then they be like dang that black girl can flow wit some spanish and i be like im not black im a mixture and just because my skin is brown doesnt mean anything. And theres like no one to believe me except for my fellow boricuas!! thas why i love all yall sooo much and the culture but im also a mix of indains so yea but i see my main as puertorican!!! thanx for listenin hit me back porfavor
        I hear you, loud and clear, I am a triguegno, 100% boricua, but just like Cubans, Dominicans and Puerto Ricans, our ethnicity trumps our race. I love my ancestry of African Taino Spaniard; however, I feel more for my African Taino ancestry because of what they endured. lol

Comment

Im mulatto rican and happy

Im actually a mulatto puerto rican and i love being puerto rican and i love being part of the island of enchantment thats what its known for...god bless the puerto rican nation
          VIVA PUERTO RICO

Comment

[SIZE="5"]I love the fact that you posted this information. It's SO important as Hispanics/Puerto Ricans for us to be educated and connected to all aspects of our culture. With that said, I will check out the website (sounds informative!).

Comment

Only half boricua... but look at my picture... every1 thinks i'm black

Comment

Originally posted by PuertoRocPride View Post
                Only half boricua... but look at my picture... every1 thinks i'm black
                You have black(afroboricua)ancestry

Comment

Working...
                X