boricua bloodline...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLOODLINE

TO ANSWER YOU QUESTION, PUERTO RICANS HAVE 3 MAIN BLOOD LINES. TAINO, THE NATIVES ON THE ISLAND. AFRICAN, AND SPANISH, AND A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF ANGLO. AT ONE POINT IN HISTORY THERE WERE MORE AFRICANS IN PUERTO RICO THAN SPAINARD AND TAINOS. WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW HOW AFRICANS PLAYED A PART IN MEXICOS HISTORY?

Originally posted by MeXiCHiCo
    what blood are most puerto ricans consisting of?? my puerto rican friends here in l.a. are mainly light complected to tanned...most say they are mestizzos (spanish and indigenous) or just say they are puerto rican not knowing what blood they have.....also, i havent really seen an afro-boricua in face to face...ive only seen them on tv such as tito trinidad and roberto clemente.....but what are u gente mostly mixed with??

Comment

We are all the real melting pot of being mix because we are all the same race. HUMAN!

damn these posts were along time ago..... ohwell. But first i want to answer one remark. the reason why there is tension is because Chicago is one city that has alot of Mexicanos y Puertorriquenos ... rather than California who has more Mexicans or New York who has more Puerto Ricans If your more equal in a city... you will see some Latino on Latino hating going on. wow Latinos have hating for each other rather than only the white or black man. wow but thats a different subject. And about the spanish people being so mixed... if spanish people are mixed with other bloods then all Latinos are mixed with those same bloods as well let alone how did the Indians all come about let alone they are not really called Indians ....Indians are ones in India.....and we are miscalled Indians... so i wonder how 'Indian' people came about really. instead of this back n forth thing without real facts. as well as different African countries in Latin blood as well even if not alot in some other Latin countries. We got alot of blood...its not just Puerto Rico. its all Latin America and even if you say your not this blood or that blood its still part of your country and its still part of your culture and so thats what you are anyway. and yes its way more complicated than black/indian/white blood... our countries have different black blood , some different white (unless you go into the spanish have more than one blood therory)then we all have different white blood, and other Latinos have more than one Indian blood. We all are diverse so the Mexican who posted this will learn more about his culture rather than just Puerto Rican people which is interesting as well, but in the end we are only one race, the human race, and the color of our skin and the jaw line etc. is just what part of the world we are from to handle weather or land. we are all the same, its amazing how we fight this all our lives and then we die wasting our lives with it. lol

Comment

According to the U.S.Census,and CIA factbook Puerto Rico's
        population breakdown is as follows:

White of Spanish decent: 80.5%,Black 8%,Amerindian 0.4%
        Asian 0.2%,Mixed and other 10.9%.

Comment

Originally posted by Yujike
          Name a race, and we have it. The Spanish were already mixed after 700 years of Arab occupation of their peninsula and before that from the godos, romans and greeks, before they arrived at our shores. Here, they mixed with the Arawaks and killed most of them but their genes survive today. They brought the africans fron different parts of Africa, the Ibo, the Mende, the Yoruba and others; and these were from black with caucasian features to really black-violet folks. Then the French, mainly Corsicans came to the island for the coffee industry, today almost 7% of puertorricans surnames are French. Then the Irish, in some island they are are called "red legs" ( an O'Reilly created the Lottery in PR)and italians, since Spain donimated a big chunk of Italy during Charles the 5 reign. In Puerto Rico many of these people of italian ancestry are in the legal business, lawyers and judges. When Cuba closed its doors we received a large Chinese population that in Cuba was the largest of Chinese ancestry in the Caribbean. Also, through Spain, many Arabs form Morocco and other parts of the middle east. Then our soldiers in the US army went around the world and came home with spouses and sometimes children from all those war fronts. The US is a "salad bowl", we are the true melting pot. And every day we receive in our shores the peoples of the Universe. Who knows, maybe there is also Chupacabra blood in us-but that is a different story!!

Saludos Yujike y excelente exposición. Estás en lo correcto en decir que los Boricuas tenemos raza de prácticamente todas naciones incluyendo asiática, indígena, árabe, europea, africana, y de la india. Predomina la europea, africana, e indígena, pero no es menos cierto que existen otras razas en nuestra mezcla.

Y todos nos hemos mezclado para crear la nación Boricua.

¡Viva la diversidad y viva Puerto Rico libre!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny312
            I just wana know why is there such a big Racism problem in our Puerto Rico when over here in the states were just glad 2 know that there r other puerto ricans here we don't care if there dark or light skinded.(who ever can answer this question) why don't Boricuas and Mexicans get along, i stay over here in Humboldt Park chicago and the puerto ricans over were i stay at got it in for the mexicans. i'm puerto rican when i was yunger i had mexican friends but i lived in another naborhood but when i hit 14 we moved 2 Humboldt Park my first High school was Roberto Clemente when i got in the school i made alot of friends all of them were puerto rican they were always talking about how much they hate mexican's y eso seme pego know i started hatting mexicans for no reson (who ever can answer my question why do we have so much hate against Mexicans).

Existen los que son acomplejados y creen que si no son aglosajones y blanquitos, los norteamericanos no nos van a querer y nos van a abandonar.

Mi pana, esa es una realidad que hay que bregar, lamentablemente. Ese complejo de inferioridad que existe en mi hermosa archipélago se manifiesta en distintas maneras, pero yo soy de los que lucha para educar a mi puebo en cualquier foro, de cualquier manera que se me haga posible. El rascismo en Puerto Rico, sin embargo no es de la misma intensidad y forma que existe en los Estados Unidos, y en otras naciones pues la inmensa mayoría reconoce su herencia y acepta su diversidad.

Sobre le odio hacia los Mejicanos, en verdad, eso no lo he visto, y ni lo he presentido, tal vez es algo que se ve en Los Angeles, en verdad no se. La única queja que si he escuchado es que UNIVISION ha reemplazado a los actores Boricuas del patio para importar programas enlatados de Méjico y otros países y han eliminado la inmensa de mayoría de producción local por que dicen que el acento Boricua no es "neutral" pero el de ellos sí.

Aparte de eso, nosotros no tenemos nadad personal en contra de los Mejicanos, de paso, aquí les fascina la música de Vicente Fernandez, Ricardo Montero, Pandora, y muchos otros artistas Mejicanos.

Comment

No one is really "pure" saying everyone is mixed is obvious

the Tainos were "wipeout", well, not really, cause they're in our sangre, even if you look moreno or blanquito, that what makes our people look different, and better looking than most, we have that special flavor that distants us from other people, our "blacks" "triracials" or our "whites" are far good looking, its like an own distant race.

Anyway, if you want to know what Puerto Ricans look like, check out this thread

http://www.virtualboricua.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=49

^ You can't get more diverse and unified like that.

Comment

Gracias s3xy.....

just 2 add my 3 chavitos... i'm, Spanish, Irish, French, Taino, Africano, y sabe dios que mas.... i think Holanda, Inglaterra, n a lot more came n tried 2 take our Island... in da process, they left their DNA floating around... so as some1 sez B4... we B the creame of da Planet.... u name it... we gotz it... n carry it around very proudly... Boricua de corazon... n by da way... WE R FREE!!!! Remember our Cuban brothers... n don't fall in that trap... they were offered freedom too n see wut gotz them... i'm da alpha male.....PAZ....
                RicanYankeeRicanYankee RicanYankee

Comment

Originally posted by ;100158
                  According to the U.S.Census,and CIA factbook Puerto Rico's
                  population breakdown is as follows:

White of Spanish decent: 80.5%,Black 8%,Amerindian 0.4%
                  Asian 0.2%,Mixed and other 10.9%.
                  Incorrect data.

Comment

Originally posted by RicanYankee View Post
                    just 2 add my 3 chavitos... i'm, Spanish, Irish, French, Taino, Africano, y sabe dios que mas.... i think Holanda, Inglaterra, n a lot more came n tried 2 take our Island... in da process, they left their DNA floating around... so as some1 sez B4... we B the creame of da Planet.... u name it... we gotz it... n carry it around very proudly... Boricua de corazon... n by da way... WE R FREE!!!! Remember our Cuban brothers... n don't fall in that trap... they were offered freedom too n see wut gotz them... i'm da alpha male.....PAZ....
                    What do u mean by offered freedom? Elaborate.
                    ¡Declare su independencia!
                    -Pedro Albizu Campos

Comment

bloodline

we are in mayority european, and african with some genes from the indigenous tainos which died out or moved out to other islands, during the discovery period.
                      NO there are no tainos , yes there are groups that are hoping to resurrect a people that no longer exist, by importing ideas from indigenous groups of venezuela, brazil, colombia.
                      but just because they look like what we imagine does not make it so.
                      we also have in our genetic make up and in our culture arab traditions, specifically from the spanish moriscos, which of course comprised the mayority of the crews that were coming in during the spanish discovery and conquista period.
                      whether p.ricans are white in complexion yes, the mayority.
                      you have more p. rican mestizos and mulatos in the states.
                      other groups that added a bit to ours are of course french, british, german, danish, and portuguese. oh yess almost forgot the chinese, yes chinese, they were responsible for almost all the main roads in p.rico and cuba.
                      we have out of many become one but a hispanic one, though we may have u.s. citizenship ask anyone in p.r. what they are first and foremost and they will say puertoriquenos no americanos.
                      hope this might have answered any doubts.

Comment

blood?

we are mainly european in origin, with some african mixed in with tinges of indigenous taino and chinese, not to mention we also have a strong arab descent, customs, tastes way of thinking etc... we get the arab from the spanish moriscos, who were the typical spanish crew that came to the americas in the period of discovery and conquest.
                        no there are no tainos in p.rico unless the are starting to be cloned, but i doubt that!, but none the less we have the genes.
                        in the states there are more dark colored p.ricans than in p.r., but don`t get me wrong i am not saying that there are no dark p.ricans in p.r. there are but you see the mix more in the states than in the island.

Comment

Some african? Lot's of African, lots of Indian and just as many Criollos.
                          If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
                          Thomas Szasz

Comment

Time Told the Facts

Well it's 2010 and the DNA studies on the Boricua population are almost complete. Over 62% of the population has Native American DNA. Of that only 5% is from outside tribes. The rest are from the island's original inhabitants. For the most part most boricuas are at least tri-racial with the dominant portion being European and some African and Taino averaging around 1/4 to 1/16 more or less. According to most DNA studies done only 5% are pure White and only 2% are pure African. only 5% is bi-racial meaning only White and Black and only 5% are Mestizo meaning only Native and White.

Comment

Endagando

Originally posted by dhernandez View Post
                              Well it's 2010 and the DNA studies on the Boricua population are almost complete. Over 62% of the population has Native American DNA. Of that only 5% is from outside tribes. The rest are from the island's original inhabitants. For the most part most boricuas are at least tri-racial with the dominant portion being European and some African and Taino averaging around 1/4 to 1/16 more or less. According to most DNA studies done only 5% are pure White and only 2% are pure African. only 5% is bi-racial meaning only White and Black and only 5% are Mestizo meaning only Native and White.
                              These results also depend on what people have been led to believe for generations. It isn't easy to change long held views, and less so if racial. No one on the island truly believes we have a large portion of Taíno blood, much less a lot of Black blood either.

Most Puerto Ricans living on the island, believe it or not, classify themselves as BLANCO. However this should not be confused with what Gringo's call WHITE.

On the other hand a huge portion of those residing on the mainland either, classify themselves as Black or, Mulatto, but hardly ever White. Only those raised on the island are brave enough to call themselves White in front of Gringos, who are always always polite and never question them. To many Gringo's our BLANCO is more like a LOOKS WHITE than actually a REAL WHITE.

Because Puerto Ricans living on the island are to a certain extent racists, most would never accept being called NEGRO either, maybe TRIGUEÑO, but never NEGRO! We hardly use the word MULATTO like they do in Cuba.

But I guess people identify themselves as they see fit. I've never seen Dominicans being criticized because they prefer to call themselves INDIOS instead of Mulattos or NEGROS. To them NEGROS are those from Haiti, go figure.

The propensity to identify ourselves as Black on the mainland comes from adopting Gringo race values, mainly those re-configured by our proximity to living close to African Americans. Strangely this never happened to Cubans who identified themselves as they saw fit, "Y al que no le gustara que se mordiera la lengua". Therefore Celia Cruz was Mulata, Olga Guillot, dudosa, and Marco Rubio , despite Chuck Todd of MSNBC calling him non-white, he's Blanco to himself.

Comment

The one drop makes you black rule isn't just applied to Puerto Ricans my friends. That one-drop rule is applied to all Latin Americans because all Latin Americans are suspected of having one drop somewhere in their lineage. In short, African Americans and Anglo Americans consider all Latinos black regardless of appearances and will view their claim to whiteness as "trying to pass".

Cameron Diaz? Trying to pass. Rita Hayworth? Trying to pass. Rachel welch? Trying to Pass. Jose Ferrer? Trying to pass. Xuuxa? Trying to pass. Rickey Martin? Trying to pass. Shakira? Trying to pass. In contrast most people on this earth don't go by that idiotic self-serving one-drop rule and if you look white you are considered white.

Cubans of course don't let anyone mess with their culture. But Puerto Ricans by nature are a self-deprecating lot whose tendencies are to cut their own cultural throat at every opportunity they get. Therefore the reason for their docile, compliance when others dictate how they should view themselves regardless of what their physical appearances tell them to the contrary.

BTW

The funny thing about this one-drop rule is the Anglo American reluctance to apply it to themselves. After all, the United States European Southern population mixed freely with Africans before, during and after slavery. This mostly happened on plantations where the Anglo master would spread his genes and leave his offspring in slavery. These lighter- skinned blacks when freed proceeded to make their way into the general Anglo populations in order to pass as white. There they freely married and spread their genetics. So when an American Anglo-looking person tells me he's white, I truly wonder whether that person has researched his own lineage sufficiently to guarantee that the one drop rule he cherishes so much doesn't apply to him. In fact, thousands of these so called Anglo whites are fully aware of their African heritage but cunningly ignore it. In short, the very ones haughtily applying it to Latinos don't apply it to themselves and hey might be and often are even more mixed with Africans than the Latinos they are classifying.
                                Last edited by Radrook; 25th January 2011, 09:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X