Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuanto sabes de los Tainos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cuanto sabes de los Tainos?

    ____1. tabaco a. idol
    2. nagua b. main house
    3. maraca c. leader
    4. maboya d. witch doctor
    5. juracan e. round house
    6. juey f. ball game
    7. jicotea g. plaza
    8. guiro h. pow-wow
    9. guanin i. pepper
    10. maguey j. good god
    11. dujo k. cacica
    12. conuco l. cacique
    13. cemi ll. tobacco
    14. caney m. clothing
    15. cacique n. rattle
    16. bojike o. bad spirit
    17. bohio p. wind god
    18. batu q. crab
    19. batey r. turtle
    20. areyto rr. scratch
    21. aji s. gold disk
    22. Yukiyu t. drum
    23. Yuiza u. seat
    24. Aguaybana v. garden
    25. cojiba x. hallucinogenic

    Some might disagree with the spelling or meaning of some of these words, they are only my interpretation. Have fun matching the numbers with the corresponding letters

  • #2
    Soluciones
    Tabaco-tobacco, nagua-clothing, maraca-rattle, maboya-bad spirit, juracan-wind god, juey-crab, jicotea-turtle, guiro-scratch, guanin-gold disk, maguey-drum, dujo-seat, conuco-garden, cemi-idol, caney-main house, cacique-chief, bojike-witch doctor, bohio-round house, batu-ball game, batey-plaza, areyto-pow-wow, aji-pepper, Yukiyu-good god, Yuiza-female chief, Aguaybana-main chief,

    Comment


    • #3
      En un estudio hecho en Puerto Rico recientemente se establecio que un 42% de los puertorriquenos tenemos gens tainos en nuestro ADN.

      Comment


      • #4
        Surprise, Surprise

        Dr. Juan Martinez Cruzado, a geneticist from the University of Puerto Rico Mayaguez who designed an island-wide DNA survey released the final numbers and analysis of a DNA Taíno project and the results tell a completely different story from the one we've always believed.

        According to the study funded by the U.S. National Science Foundation, 61 percent of all Puerto Ricans, READ AGAIN, 61%, have Amerindian mitochondrial DNA, 27 percent have African and 12 percent Caucasian. (Nuclear DNA, or the genetic material present in a gene’s nucleus, is inherited in equal parts from one’s father and mother. Mitochondrial DNA is inherited only from one’s mother and does not change or blend with other materials over time.)

        In other words, a majority of Puerto Ricans have Native Taíno blood! This breaks with the commonly held notion, specially among Puerto Ricans raised in the U.S., that most of our DNA is African.

        This is a hard pill to swallow among the Afro-centrists, but its also harder among the Caucasian centrists among us too.

        Therefore, different from Dominicans who are 80% African, Puerto Ricans are more Indian than white or African.

        Nonetheless our culture is basically White Western, with large touches of African and hardly any of Taíno, except the DNA.

        Comment


        • #5
          There is very little attention given to the Tainos here in the USA. They are mentioned briefly as almost an afterthought and then the subject moves hurriedly on .Worse yet there is misrepresentation. Just recently on the Discovery channel a documentary was shown about the Tainos and Lo and behold many were depicted as Africans complete with coal black skin, bones through their noses and afro hair. This of course pleases the Anglo and Afro Americans to no end. However, in terms of accuracy it obviously isn't kosher. Actually, that's like using Chinese to represent Vikings or Scandinavians to represent Shaka and the Zulus.


          Of course such an absurdity would be immediately criticized if attempted with these other historical groups. But the Tainos, from the Anglo/Afro American viewpoint can be depicted whichever way pleases the audience or in whatever way is expedient. But of course judging from the lack of concern, outrage, or any other type of reaction one would get if these other groups were involved what have these documenters to worry about? Obviously NOTHING.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Yujike View Post
            ____1. tabaco a. idol
            2. nagua b. main house
            3. maraca c. leader
            4. maboya d. witch doctor
            5. juracan e. round house
            6. juey f. ball game
            7. jicotea g. plaza
            8. guiro h. pow-wow
            9. guanin i. pepper
            10. maguey j. good god
            11. dujo k. cacica
            12. conuco l. cacique
            13. cemi ll. tobacco
            14. caney m. clothing
            15. cacique n. rattle
            16. bojike o. bad spirit
            17. bohio p. wind god
            18. batu q. crab
            19. batey r. turtle
            20. areyto rr. scratch
            21. aji s. gold disk
            22. Yukiyu t. drum
            23. Yuiza u. seat
            24. Aguaybana v. garden
            25. cojiba x. hallucinogenic

            Some might disagree with the spelling or meaning of some of these words, they are only my interpretation. Have fun matching the numbers with the corresponding letters
            Cucubano = luciernaga = fierefly
            Guaraguau =-Hawk
            Macana- = war club
            Hamaca- = hammock
            Barbacoa- Barbacue
            Canoa - canoe
            Bohio =-round house
            Huracan = Wind God
            Cacique = chief
            jiocotea = land turtle
            Maracas = rattle
            Huey = crab
            Aji = pepper


            Funny how we can use these words all our lives without being aware of their Taino origin.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Yujike View Post
              En un estudio hecho en Puerto Rico recientemente se establecio que un 42% de los puertorriquenos tenemos gens tainos en nuestro ADN.

              And we see the strong physical heritage among us. Nidia Caro and Cheyenne, Jennifer Lopez, Olga Tanyon. In fact my son was born with such strong Indian characteristics that I couldn't distinguish him from several East Asian babies who were in the hospital nursery. So after wandering around for several minutes inspecting each one in hopes of recognition, I finally needed to have the nurse tell me which one was mine.

              Comment


              • #8
                Don RAD, bORICUAS, WE ARE THE GENE POOL FROM HELL, THE EVOLUTION OF MORE THAN 500 YEARS OF STRUGGLE AND SURVIVAL FROM THE RELENTLESS ORDEAL OF TWO EMPIRES BY A PEOPLE BORN OF A COMBINATION OF RACES, ETHNICITIES AND INFLUENCES UNIQUE IN THE HISTORY OF THIS uNIVERSE.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Yujike View Post
                  Don RAD, bORICUAS, WE ARE THE GENE POOL FROM HELL, THE EVOLUTION OF MORE THAN 500 YEARS OF STRUGGLE AND SURVIVAL FROM THE RELENTLESS ORDEAL OF TWO EMPIRES BY A PEOPLE BORN OF A COMBINATION OF RACES, ETHNICITIES AND INFLUENCES UNIQUE IN THE HISTORY OF THIS uNIVERSE.

                  I think that gene pool from hell status applies more to the African Americans than it does to the Puertio Ricans. IMHO

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Entérate de lo último en ADN para saber en realidad quienes somos y de donde venimos genéticmante hablando. Pruebas disponibles en el Internet

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X