Recommend your favorite book or author

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend your favorite book or author

Hello all, just wanted to get a feel for the PR readers out there.
    Anyone have any favorite book they would like to recommend and why?

How about books about a specific author and theme.

I dont realy care about subject, could be in any category, fiction, non-fiction, self-help, cook , anything...

Thanks all
    -Benjamin

Don Benja, I read voraciously like my mother and father before me. I just finished The Collectors by David Baldacci, anything from him is good reading. I also enjoy James Patterson and I have read all his books. Got tired of Tom Clancy for the same reason I don't read Patricia Cornwall anymore, they became predictable and formulaic. Just read The Mammoth Hunters again (Jean Auel) as well as a collector's book given to me by my wife on the works of Shakespeare in the old English. For light and fun reading in the summer I read Janet Evanovich and her very weird family from Jersey. I love biographies or anything by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, lately my wife and I have been reading a lot from Isabel Allende, and Vargas Llosa and Octavio Paz are also favorites. A good source for good books and to know what's hot is your local library- and it is free!!!

Comment

Libros

Some people consider my preferred reading as a chore. The books I read tend to be somewhat philosophical and introspective.

On the philosophical side I recommend "The Art of Worldly Wisdom" by Baltasar Gracian. He was a 15th(?) century Jesuit priest from Spain. His book is a collection of confuciouslike thoughts that are rather crafty for a priest.

The second book is "Tuesday's with Morrie," the true story of this dying man is very introspective. It makes one think about the purpose of and place in one's life.

Comment

Libros

Some people consider my preferred reading as a chore. The books I read tend to be somewhat philosophical and introspective.

On the philosophical side I recommend "The Art of Worldly Wisdom" by Baltasar Gracian. He was a 15th(?) century Jesuit priest from Spain. His book is a collection of confuciouslike thoughts that are rather crafty for a priest.

The second book is "Tuesday's with Morrie." The true story of this dying man is very introspective. It makes one think about the purpose of and place in one's life.

Comment

Paulo Coelho, and all of his books

Comment

Originally posted by TipoConSuerte View Post

The second book is "Tuesday's with Morrie." The true story of this dying man is very introspective. It makes one think about the purpose of and place in one's life.

Tipo, you have to go simple here, don't over do it.

Therefore I recommend:

1-My Adventures in Disney, by Sally J. Petrosvisky.

2-How to get rich in America by securing a pension in the armed forces, by Gerald J Scott.

3-Our world calling, by USMC Peter Bryan

Comment

Working...
            X