What would PR's in the mainland do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would PR's in the mainland do?

Lets assume that Puerto Rico gains or is granted independence and becomes a sovereign nation in the year 2008? What would you do inmediately if you are a puertorriqueno living in the mainland USA?

Well, I don't think Puerto Rico will assume independence anytime soon nor would it be granted in such a short time of notice. However, I would move to Puerto Rico in 2008, which I plan to do anyway, lol.

Comment

yep same here, wether it is independent or not by 2008, im still moving there once I am out of college. hmmm 2 or 4 years here in the U$ and then 2-4 in Puerto Rico. Sounds like a plan to me.

--Paz

Comment

Para la m ier da que tu hablas hace falta como diez letrinas para almacenar toda la m ier da que tu boca produce canto e cabron.

Comment

I miss the SOB like I miss a bad toothache or a burst appendix.

Comment

Originally posted by Yujike View Post
            Para la m ier da que tu hablas hace falta como diez letrinas para almacenar toda la m ier da que tu boca produce canto e cabron.
            Oh wow what a cultured response! This is such an exempalry post that I've taken the liberty to PM to to the Adm. And stop the grave digging...

Comment

[SIZE="4"]Thank, you very much Benedict Arnold
              I was the first who saw through this guy Another Rican and confronted him squarely about his racism and his attacks on women, I was not afraid of him and the language was the right one at the time when I was dealing with this troll! These are actually mild expletives compared with the stuff that he deserved to be called. Let me tell you that culture had nothing to do with this/SIZE]
              Last edited by Yujike; 21st September 2009, 12:07.

Comment

In reply to the "Puss" in Puss'n Boots

I would continue my life as if nothing momentuous had happened. Statehood by itself will not solve all of the problems of the island. It only increases the chance for success should the individduals involved in making Macondo such a mess were to ant to set their lives straightened out.

BTW Yujike: I didn't know you had it in you to get like that... That had all the wit of a croquet mallet... Maybe it's all tht teacher's pet syndrome that kept you from getting nailed by the mods...

Comment

We were dealing with a crooked, troll, woman hater, acidic, egomaniac, and nasty guy like you, whete there is no mercy for complacency or p u ss yfooting.

Comment

You obviously underestimate me...

Pu s syfooting... Now that's a discipline that fits you to a "t"...

Comment

Please refrain from name-calling and remain on topic.
                      admin

Comment

Originally posted by Yujike View Post
                        That would not be my first choice on what I'd do, since I'm a pacifist at heart, but maybe going to Blanc Burgers...

Comment

This is just an example of how many bans can be given out in this forum. There is not much productivity here.

Comment

I'm trying to play by the rules imposed here and still make a point. If you come to KC, you've got to try Blanc Burgers and Bottles in Westport... Voted Best burgers in the US.

The truth is that I've made where I rest my hat, my home. Always have. If PR became a State tomorrow, I'd be happy for them, but in the greater scheme of things, it would not affect my life in any significant manner. Now, if I were a rabid nationalist narcicist who tries to pass itself as a mild mannered egalitarian, I'd probably start blocking off whole afternoons at the nearest shrink to deal with the disapointment , frustration and ire such an event would represent,

Comment

Just like you charlie, my life will be just as good as it is now. Even if the island becomes any other thing it will not be a difference for me. I still have to work the next day and the next after that and the next.

Just because there is a status change will not change the lives of those of us living abroad.

I just don't think any changes will be coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X