Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yujike
    replied
    Protect themselves from the ignorant crap Marc Anthony received in the Social Media after singing the National Anthem and being called a "dirty Mexican".

Leave a comment:

• Radrook
    replied
    Originally posted by Yujike View Post
    Lets assume that Puerto Rico gains or is granted independence and becomes a sovereign nation in the year 2008? What would you do immediately if you are a puertorriqueno living in the mainland USA?
    Well, since I have been here in the USA mainland all my life moving to Puerto Rico would feel like moving to a foreign country. The times I visited the island I always felt somehow out of place. So I would most likely finish my days here in the USA. Not saying I like it here. Only saying that culturally I would have too difficult a time adjusting.
    My three kids would have even a harder time than me since they are not fully bilingual as I am. But I'm sure that hundreds of thousands of other Puerto Ricans now living in the USA might choose to move there if moving there after independence is attained offers them some type of advantage. What I find hard to conceptualize is the motivation. Cubans are facing a regime they find distasteful. So they are under forced exile. We in contrast are not. So assuming that Puerto Rico remains a democracy, what incentives would there be to make that decision?

Leave a comment:

• JaneMas
    replied
    Lets assume that Puerto Rico gains or is granted independence and becomes a sovereign nation in the year 2008? What would you do inmediately if you are a puertorriqueno living in the mainland USA?
    Well I'm going back to school, but this time in PR and become a teacher like you but I'm going to teach Brooklynese. lol. I'll contribute to society by stimulating the economy with my little buying power and make my little casita de madera so beautuful the Ferreteria will love me. Then I'm going to vote for someone who will make sure every damn criminal is off the streets so it's safe to walk again. Make sure those who are a menace to society are really reformed with actual reform programs (second chance) that work not just in trade but in social conditioning building up their self esteem so when they come out hopefully they become productive or at least no longer a menace.

Leave a comment:

• Yujike
    replied
    Cualquier estatus menos la falsa colonial del ELA

Leave a comment:

• charlie319
    replied
    I agree

I'd like to see the island run more efficiently regardless of the status. That won't happen because it is easier to roil up passions with the status than to offer solutions to real problems that while not as falshy, are more important in the daily life of people...

Leave a comment:

• ForumBoricua.co
    replied
    Just like you charlie, my life will be just as good as it is now. Even if the island becomes any other thing it will not be a difference for me. I still have to work the next day and the next after that and the next.

Just because there is a status change will not change the lives of those of us living abroad.

I just don't think any changes will be coming soon.

Leave a comment:

• charlie319
    replied
    I'm trying to play by the rules imposed here and still make a point. If you come to KC, you've got to try Blanc Burgers and Bottles in Westport... Voted Best burgers in the US.

The truth is that I've made where I rest my hat, my home. Always have. If PR became a State tomorrow, I'd be happy for them, but in the greater scheme of things, it would not affect my life in any significant manner. Now, if I were a rabid nationalist narcicist who tries to pass itself as a mild mannered egalitarian, I'd probably start blocking off whole afternoons at the nearest shrink to deal with the disapointment , frustration and ire such an event would represent,

Leave a comment:

• ForumBoricua.co
    replied
    This is just an example of how many bans can be given out in this forum. There is not much productivity here.

Leave a comment:

• charlie319
    replied
    Para la m ier da que tu hablas hace falta como diez letrinas para almacenar toda la m ier da que tu boca produce canto e cabron.
    That would not be my first choice on what I'd do, since I'm a pacifist at heart, but maybe going to Blanc Burgers...

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Please refrain from name-calling and remain on topic.

Leave a comment:

• charlie319
    replied
    You obviously underestimate me...

Pu s syfooting... Now that's a discipline that fits you to a "t"...

Leave a comment:

• Yujike
    replied
    We were dealing with a crooked, troll, woman hater, acidic, egomaniac, and nasty guy like you, whete there is no mercy for complacency or p u ss yfooting.

Leave a comment:

• charlie319
    replied
    In reply to the "Puss" in Puss'n Boots

I would continue my life as if nothing momentuous had happened. Statehood by itself will not solve all of the problems of the island. It only increases the chance for success should the individduals involved in making Macondo such a mess were to ant to set their lives straightened out.

BTW Yujike: I didn't know you had it in you to get like that... That had all the wit of a croquet mallet... Maybe it's all tht teacher's pet syndrome that kept you from getting nailed by the mods...

Leave a comment:

• Yujike
    replied
    [SIZE="4"]Thank, you very much Benedict Arnold
    I was the first who saw through this guy Another Rican and confronted him squarely about his racism and his attacks on women, I was not afraid of him and the language was the right one at the time when I was dealing with this troll! These are actually mild expletives compared with the stuff that he deserved to be called. Let me tell you that culture had nothing to do with this/SIZE]
    Last edited by Yujike; 21st September 2009, 12:07.

Leave a comment:

• PunkMaister
    replied
    Para la m ier da que tu hablas hace falta como diez letrinas para almacenar toda la m ier da que tu boca produce canto e cabron.
    Oh wow what a cultured response! This is such an exempalry post that I've taken the liberty to PM to to the Adm. And stop the grave digging...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X