Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We don't value what we have until the day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don't value what we have until the day...

In PR everybody complaints about everything. A politician cannot even make a speech without being shouted out. Policemen fear civilians. Criminals usually have free reign. Newspapers carry everything, from vampires to half concocted political scandals; except the plain old Truth. People can speak obscenities in the town halls, but if they dare to preach about Jesus in those same town halls they get carried away like common criminals. And "good old boy networks" and our "tried and true bribes" prosper without restraint.

Perhaps one day we will lose all that, and when that happens, all the freedoms we took for granted will be gone forever. We will have had the chance to use of freedoms for good, but that big present opportunity will have been wasted for nothing.

------------------
    desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa
    desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa: Manuel Alonso "El Jíbaro"

Criollo,

I agree with you wholeheartly!

Raul Rosas
    "The most unfortunate thing that happens to a person who fears failure is that he limits himself by becoming afraid to try anything new...GIVE YOURSELF A CHANCE"

Comment

So, its business as usual!!! What else is new?

Comment

Everybody knows that in Cuba, the number one sponsor of Puerto Rican independence movements, you can't protest, or have an opposition political party; it is dangerous for your health ...

What I didn't know I learned from a Cuban friend, who came after Mariel. He told me that people in Cuba can't study the career they dream of taking, but they have to study the career that the Cuban bureaucracy decides is needed for the Cuban economy. So, if for example, you like engineering, but they need pharmacists, you have to take pharmacy.

This same friend tells me that the doctors in Cuba are free, but if the prescription they give you is out of stock, you are out of luck.

They have a saying in Cuba: "Free medical services keep you alive, but hunger kills you".

Now, that is PROGRESS !

------------------
        Manuel Alonso

Comment

THE MEDICNE IS OUT OF STOCK
          BECAUSE OF THE STUPID EMBARGO
          THE U.S. HAS AGAINST CUBA
          AND AFTER VOTING CHINA MOST
          FAVORED NATION FOR TRADE
          PURPOSES AFTER WHAT THEY DID
          TO STUDENT PROTESTERS IT IS
          BEYOND ME WHY LET THE CUBAN
          PEOPLE SUFFER,FIDEL WILL GET
          HIS MEDICINE AND WILL EAT WELL
          THE EMBARGO SHOULD BE LIFTED.

Comment

I didn't know that the USA was the only pharmaceutical producing nation in the world .

------------------
            desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa
            desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa: Manuel Alonso "El Jíbaro"

Comment

News Flash

First of all US are not a nation, WE are.
              Second, US may not be the only pharmaceutical producing country but is the only one who wants to monopolize the World's economy (oviously in their favor). Is the only one that critizes and margins other nations actions, (Y DIOS COJA CONFESADOS AL QUE SE ATREVA A RECLAMARLES POR SUS ACCIONES)
              The US government:
              Is the only one that creates a conflict between two nations and then sells the military equipment to both.
              Preaches democracy and puts in jail civilian without the right of an attourney.
              Bombs civilians-habited islands, without caring a bit for them.
              Eliminated their natives.
              Puts in guettos their own people.
              Practices actively racism.
              THE US GOVERNMENT CARES ONLY ABOUT WHAT THEY CAN LUCRE OF AND NOT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE IN THE MIDDLE.

AND YOU TELL ME HOW CAN YOU DEFEND SOMEONE LIKE THAT AND HOW CAN YOU MARGIN A NATION LIKE CUBA WHO HAS STRUGGLED TO SURVIVE.

AND IN CASE YOU DID NOT KNOW CUBA IS NOT THE ONLY REPUBLIC IN THE WORLD AND NEITHER IS THE ONLY NATION WITH PROBLEMS IN ITS ECONOMY...
              You don't have to go so far. Analize our nation, our problems and we are under "the protection of USA"/

Sit back, relax and think carefully, back there in Jurutungo viejo ,and before using your PAN card remember nobody gives without expecting. Think in all that you might be giving away for cupones.
              I don't know how can you call yourself "El Criollo" is too big for you.

Comment

Cuba?

Why does every conversation in the forum goes straight to Cuba, they are over 100 other countries in theis planet and many that are more closer to us than Cuba! Go research another nation that is not communist, lol! We are talking about PR here, not some Fidel Land nation!

Comment

I believe the same thing. Everything goes around Cuba. That's why i wrote to criollo. People like him believes that if Puerto Rico becames a republic (Dios mediante) we'll be like cubans. Or as a popular character created by Sunshine Logrono, Don Eleuterio, would say: "andarian descalzos y con taparrabos..."

He started this thread saying we were ungrateful, and then compared us w/Cuba. And he was the one who brought the Cuba theme up/.

Besides a friendly comparison between us and Cubans in the right consept wouldnt be wrong.

"CUBA Y PUERTO RICO DE UN PAJARO LAS DOS ALAS"

Comment

Working...
                  X