This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the white man the devil?

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad taught in his book 'Message to the Black Man in America' that the white man is the devil. He taught that since the beginning of the white man's existence there has been nothing but tyranny and bloodshed. Now, I am one who grew skeptic of this at first. But, once I began to study the history of the Caucasian I could do nothing but conclude that the white man is the devil. Devil being a criticism of all the evil that this race of people have perpetuated for the past 6,000 years. Being a native of Puerto Rico, I became skeptic of this being that I have cousins who are of white skin, blue eyes, blond hair. I would not look at them as the devil, or could not look at them as the devil. However, in reading the teachings of the Hon. Elijah Muhammad it lead me to see that it was the actions of white people that he was speaking of and not necessarily their physical features. There have many books written to support this thesis. One of which is the Iceman Inheritance where it states that due to the cold, harsh climatic conditions of Europe, this lead that group of people that we know as Caucasians to develop a harsh and brutal make up in their characteristic. Being that the climate was more an enemy to them than an aider or a friend, they grew to be barbaric. Thus, in their origin we see them dwelling in caves and being very primitive in their actions. Whereas in Africa, where the oldest human remains are documented, we see a more harmonious, peaceful characteristic in the makeup of the people who originate from there. Give me your feedback. What has been the experience of Puerto Ricans in relation to the white man? Is it comparable to that of African-Americans or does it differ?

your brother and servant,

Min. Hector Falu-Muhammad

Hector,
    I fail to see the reasoning of lump summing an entire race on the grounds of their color. Black people as well as white people can be prejudice and use their bitterness and hatred to portray that. We cannot assume that because some of us might experience prejudism or hatred by another class that we are right and they are wrong.

There are good in all colors, many people of color have been victimized however they have used that to make themselves stronger and not dwell on the fact that they were victims.

As a Puerto Rican, I was raised to accept all colors. I cannot say that all members in my family are not racist, because we have experienced different things to make us the way we are, however I can say that even if I were a victim of racism I would not allow myself to think that all people would do the same thing to me again. I have met caucasian as much as people of different races that happen to be good honest people.

We don't need to fill this world with hatred, maybe your message is coming through wrong,however I think that if you are a religious man then you should be spreading the word of God and not the bitterness and Hatred of evil.

Comment

Is God just a loving God?

Dear sister,
      Thank you so much for your reply. I understand where you are coming from being raised to accept all colors. In Puerto Rico, there is no overt (meaning all out in the open form) of racism in regards to Black vs. white. But there is a subliminal or covert form of racism in regards to the pictures of Jesus being white, the statues and paintings of the virgin Mary being white. You say it doesn't matter what color you are but this is the only skin that is depicted in movies, pictures, paintings, etc. So why paint them white, is my question if it doesn't matter? To lump or summarize that all white people are devils is not a racial slur or slander. But, it is a criticism and a analysis of their nature. True, all people are capable of prejudice and bigotry. But, I firmly believe that racism is only practiced and can only be practiced by white people. White supremacy and racism are the same thing. I cannot, as a Puerto Rican, oppress another group of people, using education, sex, economics, religion, law, and the other areas of activity. Racism is more intricate than someone calling someone a name or starting a fight. It deals with the mental suppression of ones activity to accomodate anothers surroundings based on race. What part of the United States do you live? Are there ghettos any where close by where you live? Have you ever wondered why there are ghettos, or barrios? Here is a group of buildings that houses one ethnic group of people. In Louisville, Kentucky where I live, there are 6 housing authorities or ghettos and all are inhabited by Black people. There is another forming, which is starting to house Black Cubans. The white skinned Cubans live in homes, or apartment complexes but the Black Cubans live in this project development that is starting to develop. In school, how much was taught on Africa as opposed to Europe? Can you name the man who invented the stop light, the remote control, the filament that made the light bulb possible? All of these were Black inventors. But, you can name Alexander Graham Bell and Thomas Edison. Do you know where all mathematics originated from? What did they teach you in Black history month, if they celebrated it? Have you ever been taught about the history of Puerto Rico in depth? True, it is our responsibility to teach ourselves but at the same time if we are paying for the schools to teach us through our taxes shouldn't we have a say so in what is taught and how it is taught? Try to look deeper into this issue of racism and you will see a major reason why our world is in the way that it is. I thank you again,

Hector Falu-Muhammad

Comment

Hector,
        I understand what you are talking about but I still don't think that two wrongs equal one right. I might be a little idealistic but a statue of Jesus being white doesn't bother me, only because the artist did it that way doesn't make it so. What I am referring to, is that anyone that knows history and knows the areas that Jesus was raised, should know that the possibility of him being white is slim. However do you have any artist making pictures in other colors? Why? Well, because people are more concerned about the marketing of an item than the fact whether the colors portray the individual. Black does not sell. It is beginning to sell as we have seen in all parts of the USA but it has taken a long time for people to notice tha diversity is necessary. Yet we don't realize that just because a white person has done something it does not make it all right. Many of us were raised to believe that we can't challenge authority therefore we submit. Submitting has hindered many of us, however the few of us that have spoken up have helped us with more awareness and respect. Respect works both ways. We cannot expect people to give us respect if we don't give it back.

Concerning acknowledging our people for things that they have done or achieve is necessary. The fact that our schools have been slow in teaching these things does not make it right or wrong, however it just shows their ignorance. We can help, without using force, without acting like radicals, we can teach our children, get more involve in local government and make sure that our vote counts. Afterall, aren't we the majority?

Comment

Indeed we are.

Indeed we are,LeticiaG. But, being hesitant on whether or not to act as radicals should not prevent us from taking quick and effective measures to change the radical influence that ignorance has on our children. Thank you so much for such an educated reply.

Hector Falu-Muhammad

Comment

Originally posted by MinFaluMuhammad
            In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad taught in his book 'Message to the Black Man in America' that the white man is the devil. He taught that since the beginning of the white man's existence there has been nothing but tyranny and bloodshed. Now, I am one who grew skeptic of this at first. But, once I began to study the history of the Caucasian I could do nothing but conclude that the white man is the devil. Devil being a criticism of all the evil that this race of people have perpetuated for the past 6,000 years. Being a native of Puerto Rico, I became skeptic of this being that I have cousins who are of white skin, blue eyes, blond hair. I would not look at them as the devil, or could not look at them as the devil. However, in reading the teachings of the Hon. Elijah Muhammad it lead me to see that it was the actions of white people that he was speaking of and not necessarily their physical features. There have many books written to support this thesis. One of which is the Iceman Inheritance where it states that due to the cold, harsh climatic conditions of Europe, this lead that group of people that we know as Caucasians to develop a harsh and brutal make up in their characteristic. Being that the climate was more an enemy to them than an aider or a friend, they grew to be barbaric. Thus, in their origin we see them dwelling in caves and being very primitive in their actions. Whereas in Africa, where the oldest human remains are documented, we see a more harmonious, peaceful characteristic in the makeup of the people who originate from there. Give me your feedback. What has been the experience of Puerto Ricans in relation to the white man? Is it comparable to that of African-Americans or does it differ?

Min. Hector Falu-Muhammad

Comment

I think it depends on how each ind. Puerto Rican relates to the African people!

Well i think the answer to this question really depends on how Puerto Ricans as individuals relate to the African history and culture being that the island has such a mix. Here in the states all my Rican brothas and sistas are proud to show pride in their African heritage regardless of what steretype it carries. My experience has been that most whites have always considered Puerto Ricans in general to be like distant cousins if i shall say in comparison to the Black americans, not necessarily bad !But even most whites can tell which Ricans are half black .The white mans whole theory has been power in numbers ...something they will always fear. I dont think however that you can compare white Puerto Ricans to white Americans There's a history among american whites that more than likely most white Ricans have never been taught in regaurd to slavery and etc.......

Comment

A short coment,

The people live in project because they wanted too. You are not obligated to live there.If you really want to take a close look, project are not a bad thing. It's cheap and affordable housing provided by the Goverment or state, Now at the begining it was a clean and safe comunity. Them people started to move in and the rest is what's going on now. The white people that live in the getho mess everything up and they move out living the Black Angels there. Hector, the white Cubans do not live there because they have money, or do you mean that they declined to live in the getho and because they were white the goverment say ok here is a house or nice apartment have your way. People live there because they wanted too. Any body could pack-up and go some other place. Now here is an Idea, go back to you Mosque and tell the minister that you wanted to build a comunity for your opressed people, You will not get a sigle cent toll this cause and two if you ever build this comunity, there will be 6 gethos now no five. Is the people Hector, they are pocessed by the white Devil. How stupid does that sound and you buy it. PS I'm not a white man am some what dark. It's the people.

Comment

Hey, the white man again, or what no way. The white devil's ideas, that's it.

Slavery in the Sudan .......Revival of the Muslim slave trade is causing great suffering

Tens of thousands of Southern Sudanese, most of whom are Christians or animists, are being kidnapped and sold into slavery by northern Islamic militias funded by and loyal to the government of Sudan. Forced Islamization, imposition of shari'a (Islamic religious law), destruction of homes and crops, forced conscription of men and older boys, and selling of women and children as slave laborers and concubines have become instruments of policy in the North's war on the South.

Beyond the tragedy of slavery's continued existence in this, the last decade of the Twentieth Century, there is the tragedy of the West's near silence, despite its traditions of civil rights and its own anguished divestiture of chattel slavery. And even more disturbing has been the silence of Western churches over the enslavement of their fellow Christians.

White Rose International is working, as are others, to publicize the plight of those suffering the bonds of slavery in the Sudan, to secure their release, and to engage the U.S. religious community on their behalf.

Comment

iN OBSERVING THE WHITE DEVIL; You can pick and choose historydepending to what audience you target.What your agenda intends to conveyto a world with so much chaos. In any given time or place or peoples of this earth there has been mans inhumanity to man and no race has been exempt from this reality. some are more succesfull than others at hiding the truth through genocide. The history we are exposed to today is only a fraction of the truth. Evry group can tell you of his adversary and finds it easy to hide his own sins simply by either denying or remaining silent or better yet acting ignorant of the facts. Man has searched for the truth all his life.Other men look for places to burry their ideals through men looking for significance in their lives. We are all like sheeps going for the slaughter. We all fal victims to the media, false prophets and charlatans desguised as heroes of the people.Evry clown that keeps tooting his horn has a fool for an audience. Many make believe poets,who have no passion for mankind can inspire many a soul who are mere empty vesels whom echo the sweet sounding words of any viper just cause the rythm is pleasing to our receptive nature of vibrant melodies. I hope the mesage is clear,that any man who professes hate or the poison of untruths,will one day have a clean bill of health,, yes aclean bill of health...... How you may ask? simple. look into your heart and see what GOD put there. If you cant see it then ask GOD to help you see...trust prayer as if you were an inosent child who believes in miracles.come clean with your soul before the poison you share ends in your cup my friend , yes ,my friend, we are all children of GOD,and we are all brothers. The white man is not the devil. The devil is the hate that brews in some mens hearts.Men with evil hearts come from evry corner of the earth. This is the sad truth.The good news is that good men with compassionate herts,forgivenes and kindness,and patience, way outnumber the evil ones. Yes its OK toquestion your spiritual leaders for the truth. Just for your benefit,nurture your spirituality in the good things GOD has to offer. Negative confessions will always unmask the wolves. BENMER

Comment

I am not sure why this thread is posted in the PR forum. It seems to belong elsewhere and as far as I can tell the original poster does not sound like a Puerto Rican at all. The culture of PR is a blend of many things and that is what we celebrate as ours. I never knew we had compartments of cultures according to the color of the skin. The original poster may have Puerto Rican ancestry, but his culture is not Puerto Rican anymore and he has now acquired the American Muslin Black culture. Nothing wrong with that, but his views do not resonate witrh most Puertoricans that I know.

Los recuerdos suelen
                      Contarte mentiras

Stanley

Comment

I have to agree eith the moderator Leticia_g - to base a whole race on a few eggheads who wanted power and wealth and whatever is wrong. You have people from all backgrounds and communities (whethered colored or cultured) who craved wealth, power, greed, and the destruction of the enemy. The idea is to love others of distances. Look at me - I have blue eyes, brown hair, pale skin, and a northern/central European build, but I do not act like the white devil! I may be white, but isn't the esscence of the soul more important than skin that is pigmented because of the physical world? Isn't what will live forever and its desires more important to judge than to base someone on something that is physical but will eventually die, decay, and wither?

I hope to all who read this that whatever you believe the ultimate is - God, Allah, the Brahman, Nirvana, or whatever supreme being you believe in - I hope it gives true peace and understanding and makes the hatred within us all die.

Comment

come back and be color blind.

So the white men is the devil now.

What the heck is that?

everywhere in the world violence is rampant, from China going west all the way to the Aztecs, humans have been violent in antiquity and today.

In Africa also, actually the slaves were sold to the white men by other africans. Look at it today, the jutus and the tutsis killing each other like animals.

I heard speeches before that have a similar racist intolerance.
                          One was in Munich Germany 1937.

I think brother, expand your sources of information and be a proud puertorican; We are a mix wich means come back and be color blind.

Forget about those black supremacist jac@$$es.

Don't let them brainwash you with their black Nazi retoric bull$#!t.

Comment

FIRST THE CHRISTIANS WHITE MEN CLAIMED THAT BLACKS WERE THE DEVIL.

NOW THE MUSLIMS BLACK MEN CLAIMED THAT WHITES ARE THE DEVIL.

I THINK RELIGION HAVE PROVED TO BE THE DEVIL, IN FACTS NOT FICTION. (JUST READ HYSTORY)

Comment

I am an arab woman from Algeria.I don't think all white are evil but for sure they did many bad thing in history.

Concerning racism there is racism from every race.. You find hispanics hating blakcs, white hating arabs, asians hating blacks.

We must not always accuse the blue eye devil for every sin on earth.During a vacation in mexico I have see mexicans discriminating against black man. I know many hispanic girl friend whou wouldnt never date a black man because of the apperance while white blue eye german, sweddish girl would kill to sleep with a black guy.

I notice that northern european people tend to be more attracted to darker complexion skin than other race suche asians, central american hispanics.

Hispanics who are mixed with native indian blood often dislike black man or woman while pure spanish white are less racist toward black.

Comment

Working...
                              X