child support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child support

I have been paying child support for my daughter who lives in Puerto Rico via ASUME. I wish to find out if once the child becomes 18 years old, should I continue sending the support to ASUME or to her? I have called the ASUME offices over 100 times and written letters with no luck in finding an answer. Does anyone know the answer?

child support

I want to know, well there is this guy that I have been dating and he has a child whom he doesn't see because the mother of the child got remarried and she wants the kid to be raised by her current husband, ok the problem is that the guy that I have been dating is not paying child support because the girl doesn't allow him to see the kid. Well I want to know if I ever get serious with him to the point of marriage, would the state garnish my money to pay his child support since he works for cash and doesn't pay the child support. Would they take money from me since if I marry him?

Comment

child support

In the United States the income of the husband and Wife are concerned as one. Many States look at the income of the household so your income would be the household income and you could end up paying the child support from your paycheck. I don't know what the law is in Puerto Rico on this issues since I don't live there. The best advise I can give you is go see a lawyer.

Good luck

Comment

Child Support

Guess What. DO NOT< I REPEAT DO NOT send this $$$ to your child. You still have to send this money to ASUME, and let me tell you the law is until they are 21. I know my friend this is unreal, and there is no Lawyer in this WORLD that can HELP you.

Comment

Re: Child Support

How did it get from "Human rights" to "Child Support?"

Comment

Thor....

What happened to you? You haven't been on the forum for more than a year! Where've you been, Mr. Estadista?

Comment

Working...
            X