Falling In Love Is Like Playing The Lotto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling In Love Is Like Playing The Lotto

You'll never know! Physical attraction does NOT equals TRUE love. Nor does sweet words and promises will it guarantee that its true love. Love comes from the heart and NOT through the eyes of the beholder. It looks as if many mans and womans are looking for that someone special. The problem is that when a man meets a woman or woman meets a man, little talking and get to know each other takes place rather than trying hard to exchange feelings and
    look deep into that person's heart. We put too much importance on the physical aspect of the individual rather than on the emotional state of mind and being. Falling in love with an opposite sex due to her / him having cute nose, eyes, face and or an attractive body DOES NOT under any circumstances means that such individual will make anyone happy in the long run. Many hearts now a days are broken due to felling in love for all the wrong reasons and feelings. Falling in love takes time and hard work, Anything that come's easy..........goes easy! Never take love lightly for it can and will eventually break you. Whatever you do against love, life will do against you. To find true love, you must first love yourself with all your heart and emotionally prepare your mind to accept and respect the feelings of others. Finding love is easy, keeping it is the hard part. Keeping that flame of passion is the hard part that not just everyone know's how to deal with.
    Hello! Everyone!@ Its me, netlee here again visiting and for now staying here for a long, long time. You can read articles on Computer issues I posted. Every now and then I will be writing articles concerning PC Repair and Maintenance. Since am having problems changing my email address for those that wish to email me, my NEW email is: leetorres47@optonline.net

I agree with that man. U mess with love its gona come back to you. Also I really agree with the part about loving yourself first. I learned that the hard way and believe me its no fun. Love does take time and doesn't happen like that. People say Im looking for love but really I think they should just look for a friend first. Love will come eventually. Just give it time.

Comment

Originally posted by gueroloco
      I agree with that man. U mess with love its gona come back to you. Also I really agree with the part about loving yourself first. I learned that the hard way and believe me its no fun. Love does take time and doesn't happen like that. People say Im looking for love but really I think they should just look for a friend first. Love will come eventually. Just give it time.

Dude, that's too hard. LOL... people like things the easy way, and with our world becoming more and more about "me, me, me"... "I want it now" people are even less willing to wait. Especially for a good thing. They'd rather ruin said good thing, and have it before its time, than wait for it, which would've been better.

People are too often 1) looking for someone to "complete" them -- when they should be complete BEFORE they enter into a relationship in the first place. The other person is not your "better half" or whatever the saying is. The TWO (whole people) become ONE.

And 2) again, they want it right away, when the person you marry really SHOULD be your best friend, if not before you marry them -- definitely by the time you decide to. Anything else is an uphill battle and 9 times out of 10 is doomed to fail. People are too selfish to love someone else nowadays. They're in it to have their "needs" and personal agendas fulfilled. After that happens, if it does at all, then they're fed up and that's why you see so many more divorces and breakups than ever. You have to love yourself, then love the other person AS yourself, before you even THINK about getting into a relationship. Some people never learn this and are doomed to continually fail in relationships. Some know this and are scared to death to be alone and push this wisdom aside in order to rush into a relationship. It's all sad to me, because I listen to/talk with people with relationship issues all the time and these are the things I hear each and every time.

No patience = disaster.

Comment

I'm Worth It

Originally posted by Delgado22
        Dude, that's too hard. LOL... people like things the easy way, and with our world becoming more and more about "me, me, me"... "I want it now" people are even less willing to wait. Especially for a good thing. They'd rather ruin said good thing, and have it before its time, than wait for it, which would've been better.

People are too often 1) looking for someone to "complete" them -- when they should be complete BEFORE they enter into a relationship in the first place. The other person is not your "better half" or whatever the saying is. The TWO (whole people) become ONE.

And 2) again, they want it right away, when the person you marry really SHOULD be your best friend, if not before you marry them -- definitely by the time you decide to. Anything else is an uphill battle and 9 times out of 10 is doomed to fail. People are too selfish to love someone else nowadays. They're in it to have their "needs" and personal agendas fulfilled. After that happens, if it does at all, then they're fed up and that's why you see so many more divorces and breakups than ever. You have to love yourself, then love the other person AS yourself, before you even THINK about getting into a relationship. Some people never learn this and are doomed to continually fail in relationships. Some know this and are scared to death to be alone and push this wisdom aside in order to rush into a relationship. It's all sad to me, because I listen to/talk with people with relationship issues all the time and these are the things I hear each and every time.

No patience = disaster.
        Don't forget that husbands must love their wives as Christ Loves the church. I know that is one of my top requirements in a future mate. All of this half hearted mediocre conditional love is for the birds.

But, believe me, I totally understand what you're saying. It's a fight everyday to live a clean, holy, sanctified lifestyle and still wait on God.

Our God does not believe in an instant, overnight success in anything. Process after process we must face in order to run this race.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorblind
          Don't forget that husbands must love their wives as Christ Loves the church. I know that is one of my top requirements in a future mate. All of this half hearted mediocre conditional love is for the birds.

But, believe me, I totally understand what you're saying. It's a fight everyday to live a clean, holy, sanctified lifestyle and still wait on God.

Our God does not believe in an instant, overnight success in anything. Process after process we must face in order to run this race.

Oh yes, and Paul saw to it to tell ALL the churches over there that same thing... Galatians, Ephesians, you name it, he told them that. The thing is, I can only speak for myself here, but that's what I'm looking forward to doing, colorblind. I see the "mystery" the way God intended it, but you know the latter part of that verse says "wives also should respect her husband" and that's when you start to see me posting long rants. That is something that is lost today. Respect. In all forums, not the least of which is the area of relationships. I see myself just as God sees me, and how He intends for me to be. So I have a high level of esteem. I get upset when women who have no idea what they're passing up on constantly diss me in favor of some loser, and THEN come back to me to whine about it. LOL.. that's one of the worst insults a man can have. Especially when she STILL doesn't look to you, but goes and gets with another loser, albeit not to the depths of the previous one -- but she's not moving up to a man who is going to challenge her, either!

I can tell by your posts, colorblind, that you are indeed for real and worth it. But you know as well as I do that you're in a very small minority and this was addressed to those who aren't like you -- but WHINE as if they've gone through the process of relationship with the Lord to DESERVE such a man!

Comment

Coņo.........a la verdad que ustedes estan bien locos-pal-carajo! Man, I know I wrote soemthing about this sometime ago. Let me see. Hmmm!

I think I wrote soemthing about those who still believe in the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, and that everything is pink and nice and sugar and spice.

Come on youz guys! I have a lot of respect for youz all, especially Leex and Delgado...........pero bendito, stop playing this pious role thing, expecting to find that perfect little woman with whom to "live happily ever after" with!

Mire compay..........dejese deso!!!

Go out there and have you some fun! I'm not saying lay everything that moves. But I am saying, GO OUT THERE AND HAVE YOU SOME FUN!!! There are plenty of mamis - as Mick Jagger said - "that are just dying to meet ya!"

Tell 'em Delgado! You know the deal!

Suave mis hermanos(as).

TCS

Comment

LOL... ok papa, sabes que no tengo problemas con llamando la atencion de las mujeres... nunca! But I can't trust hardly any of them, man. I've run into so many loquitas lately it's not even funny. But I am sifting through them to find the right one, TCS... not a goody-two shoes, but someone who is who she says she is, y na' ma'!

Comment

Got to Keep it Real

I see the "mystery" the way God intended it, but you know the latter part of that verse says "wives also should respect her husband" and that's when you start to see me posting long rants. That is something that is lost today. Respect.

I can tell by your posts, colorblind, that you are indeed for real and worth it. But you know as well as I do that you're in a very small minority and this was addressed to those who aren't like you -- but WHINE as if they've gone through the process of relationship with the Lord to DESERVE such a man!
                It's true that allot of women don't know how to respect their companions. In those particular cases, I believe it's a lack of understanding. They want to fumble through their relationships without the guidance of God's spirit. Personally, I believe in letting a man be a man. Letting him take the lead and being the "head" of me. As long as he is following the principals of God and is obedient. I have no problem w/ submission. It's funny, one of my sisters stated that I'm going to be a June Cleaver type wife. I agreed w/ her.

I've been molded and put through the fire for toooo long not to be real. After a while you just have to throw up your hands and say, " I surrender all". (Tu Sabe?)

Comment

Don't Hate pero Participate

Originally posted by TipoConSuerte
                  Coņo.........a la verdad que ustedes estan bien locos-pal-carajo! Man, I know I wrote soemthing about this sometime ago. Let me see. Hmmm!

I think I wrote soemthing about those who still believe in the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, and that everything is pink and nice and sugar and spice.

Come on youz guys! I have a lot of respect for youz all, especially Leex and Delgado...........pero bendito, stop playing this pious role thing, expecting to find that perfect little woman with whom to "live happily ever after" with!

TCS
                  Aye Tipo ! You are such a hater. What you need to do is step out of the box. Open up your mind and broaden your perspective on things. You are so used of trying to follow some "Macho" stereotype, it's ridiculous. What are you trying to prove TCS? Real men are not afraid to grow up. Now that's my POV.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorblind
                    It's true that allot of women don't know how to respect their companions. In those particular cases, I believe it's a lack of understanding. They want to fumble through their relationships without the guidance of God's spirit. Personally, I believe in letting a man be a man. Letting him take the lead and being the "head" of me. As long as he is following the principals of God and is obedient. I have no problem w/ submission. It's funny, one of my sisters stated that I'm going to be a June Cleaver type wife. I agreed w/ her.

I've been molded and put through the fire for toooo long not to be real. After a while you just have to throw up your hands and say, " I surrender all". (Tu Sabe?)

Pues si, es cierto...
                    Estas hablando de la verdad...

Comment

Pues si, es cierto...
                      Estas hablando de la verdad...
                      La verdad es la libertad...

Comment

Working...
                      X